Fastest Losi Promoto? 91 mph - Castle Powered

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still deciding which ones to get. i like how you said the proline handle better but those treal carbon fiber blue wheels look sick. if i do go proline ill get a 34t rear sprocket. im already draging the sprocket with the dirt wheels now that i got em down to slicks. somebody said vitavon is coming out with a 37 but i dunno why you would wanna go that big
Yeah they do look really good I will give them that! Yeah I don't really understand the 37 sprocket either doesn't seem like that would make any sense. I don't know if you are running the chain protector or not but mine fell off quite some time ago and I never put it back on. You get more leaning without it but of course you do start to hit the chain. One thing I will say about the vitavon swing arm is that the shaft that goes through the rear wheel actually becomes the drag point on hard turns but it protects the chain because it hits first. I am running the vitavon 34 tooth so I am not sure if the stock sprocket or the 35 tooth would hit before the shaft or not. Only issue is the end of it that is hitting is threaded so of course you don't want to mess up those threads. I have been meaning to get some m4 (pretty sure they are m4 i'll have to check tonight) wheel nuts to put on there so the nut gets messed up instead of the thread. Going to order some now

yea I have same problem with the stock swingarm, im already scraping the axle nut. still have the chain guard on too. im going to go with the scorched swingarm. I ended up getting the coperhead 10 esc/combo. fits in pretty good, i get what you mean now about how you really don't need to mount it with tape or screws. Im just waiting on the bec. I saw on fb one guy had the fan mounted on the sideplate with the mamba emblem, looks pretty badass. i wanna try to do that with the copperhead cause its got a snake emblem but i dunno yet. will see, so many activities with such lil time lol i was just bitching i didnt get any stickers and they fell out on the floor along with a coupon for 40 dollar b link! scores! btw are you runing the stock servos at 7.5v?

Last edited:
I bought one because of this thread. its badass. it loves to jump. but if you are going to run it on pavement 2s gets a lil boring. don't get me wrong its fun if your doing laps but it leaves you wanting more. I wish they woulda left the esc 2-3 capable. The regular spectrum 85amp esc is 2-3s and this is the same one but with different programing. dunno why they had to do that. because than all you would of had to do it add a bec to continue to run the flywheel on 2s and ran the motor on 3s. All the gyro tech is in the receiver so if anybody knows why they did it like that im curious
I thought the ESC was 3S capable?

Got a link??
https://finelaserdesigns.com/produc...bGDhW7iNHdOf8Boo01zvANFJJL8PdmeVGjzcJSv1fM-TQ

Right here! Works like a charm
Well I just read this whole entire thread through the course of two days. This this is amazing! Love all the work you’ve done, excited to see 100!
thank you dude 🤘🏻🤘🏻 it has been a fun build
@StephenSchandelmayer
How is the world of Losi Promoto speed runs? Are you still in the top 1-2 spots?

I have not kept up with things....
My wife and I Moved into our first house a few weeks ago so all the RC stuff has been pushed to the side for awhile. Got the garage all setup but haven't done much. I think the dude in the Facebook group got 114 which is gnarly I haven't checked to see if he got any faster or not in awhile. My pb was 98 and it starts getting hairy that's for sure lol.

My wife and I Moved into our first house a few weeks ago so all the RC stuff has been pushed to the side for awhile. Got the garage all setup but haven't done much. I think the dude in the Facebook group got 114 which is gnarly I haven't checked to see if he got any faster or not in awhile. My pb was 98 and it starts getting hairy that's for sure lol.
We just moved in Janurary so I completely understand. Lots on the honey do list with a new house....
Congrats on the 1st house. That is a big step!

We just moved in Janurary so I completely understand. Lots on the honey do list with a new house....
Congrats on the 1st house. That is a big step!
Absolutely man there is an endless amount of stuff and I suddenly very much enjoy going to home depot.......She bought me a extendable brush that goes out to like 18 feet or something from costco the other day and let me tell you, that thing made me so happy to clean my higher windows :ROFLMAO:

Thank you very much, huge first step and its been great.

Absolutely man there is an endless amount of stuff and I suddenly very much enjoy going to home depot.......She bought me a extendable brush that goes out to like 18 feet or something from costco the other day and let me tell you, that thing made me so happy to clean my higher windows :ROFLMAO:

Thank you very much, huge first step and its been great.

😬
Watch out there buddy..
THAT'S how it starts..
Wife starts you off with the 'little' things and next time you know..
You're pushing a little one in the stroller, carrying a diaper /formula backpack and have another newborn strapped to your chest...
🐇🐇

It happens Fast!

Ask me how I know.
😵‍💫🤣

Back