Favorite ‘non-rc’ picture lately.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Pics!

And yeah, I follow a few geology youtubers. Mt St Helens has been having "Earthquake Swarms" recently, but low enough that they don't expect an eruption any time soon.
Which ones? I’ve been enjoying geo sites recently. The Tonga blow up got me re-interested.

When I lived in Alaska in ‘92 or ‘93 I was climbing a mountain when the sky went suddenly dark. It was summer during the near 24 hour light cycle so knew something was wrong. Literally ran down the mountain and got to my car right when it started raining ground glass.

A volcano about 80 miles north had blown. Anchorage was shut down for several days, covered with several inches of fallout. It was crazy.

Resized_20220102_113248 (1).jpeg

Which ones? I’ve been enjoying geo sites recently. The Tonga blow up got me re-interested.

When I lived in Alaska in ‘92 or ‘93 I was climbing a mountain when the sky went suddenly dark. It was summer during the near 24 hour light cycle so knew something was wrong. Literally ran down the mountain and got to my car right when it started raining ground glass.

A volcano about 80 miles north had blown. Anchorage was shut down for several days, covered with several inches of fallout. It was crazy.
WOW!

https://www.youtube.com/c/GeologyHub - this is one of the channels I watch the most. when the Iceland volcano was erupting earlier this year, I had a few others that covered that event, but seems Iceland has mostly gone quiet, at lest for a little while.

Yep! Fiance is originally from Washington and we're gonna visit in June.
I never been to Washington so I'm excited since Mt. St. Helens has always been a place I've wanted to see. :)
Nice! I climbed Rainer in 1993 while hitch hiking to Alaska over several months. Lately my wife and I went to Bainbridge island area monthly for 18 months visiting her daughter before my wife’s cancer hit. We explored all over on those trips. Fun times! You will have a blast!!

Nice! I climbed Rainer in 1993 while hitch hiking to Alaska over several months. Lately my wife and I went to Bainbridge island area monthly for 18 months visiting her daughter before my wife’s cancer hit. We explored all over on those trips. Fun times! You will have a blast!!
I love the outdoors and nature in general. I know I'll have a blast. Alaska is also on the list though that may have to wait till next year. 🤞

I love the outdoors and nature in general. I know I'll have a blast. Alaska is also on the list though that may have to wait till next year. 🤞
I used to live on Whidbey Island, I would highly recommend trying to head up that way. Take a ferry to the southern end of the island and then take Deception Pass across the northern end.

I’m sure your lady knows but if not, check out Orcas Island. WOW! It’s amazing.

We are already talking about two trips to see everything she wants me to see. hahaha
Being from Texas…All I know is my first trip is always straight to the Dispensary 🥴

Beautiful constrictor! I don’t recognize the breed though…almost looks like an off colored ball python. Man, I have and always will love snakes of all types. Thanks for posting! 😍
Beautiful constrictor! I don’t recognize the breed though…almost looks like an off colored ball python. Man, I have and always will love snakes of all types. Thanks for posting! 😍
Do a front pic of the eyes please. They look unique…

Do a front pic of the eyes please. They look unique…

Its a stimson's python.
We released it. Its wild not a pet. That's the only photo sorry.

Its a stimson's python.
We released it. Its wild not a pet. That's the only photo sorry.
I think that’s fantastic that you let it go. Being in America I assumed it was a pet. I forget some on here live where pythons are native.

I think that’s fantastic that you let it go. Being in America I assumed it was a pet. I forget some on here live where pythons are native.
Its actually illegal for me to keep it. My licence is to catch, relocate and release only. I'd also loose my job if I did. There are a lot of snake where I work. I sometimes see up to 3 or 4 in a night.

Back