Favorite US online hobby store?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daved912

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
First off, there is no LHS for me, not during the pandemic anyway - I fully understand supporting the local guy and would if I could. Since I'm about to make a purchase, any recommendations for an online retailer? Prices seem to be set, so does one offer better rewards than another?

First off, there is no LHS for me, not during the pandemic anyway - I fully understand supporting the local guy and would if I could. Since I'm about to make a purchase, any recommendations for an online retailer? Prices seem to be set, so does one offer better rewards than another?
eBay is my pick.
although amain or direct from horizon
For stock pats go to Jenny’s rc

It depends on what I need
For parts I try Jenny's RC first, then Amain.
For electronics like radios and ESCs I tend to go directly to AMain just in case I have issues with the product.

I would have to say I don't have a favorite, though I use Ebay the most. It just has the best assortment of RC stuff in one place. I'll still go to specific online shops if they have better prices or allow coupons. Stock parts, I will always hit up JennysRC first to see if it's in stock.

For vehicles, I have been buying from Vortex Hobbies in the US because they don't charge sales tax. Parts I usually go with Jenny's, Amazon or eBay.

Yes I know. Most of the HTUSA's by me do not stock the whole line up of Castle, Hobbywing, Mugen, TA, XRAY, ETC. They all say "I can get you that".. Kinda like Horizon doesn't stock traxxsucks, there are bits from each, others don't carry but this HT does.
Yeah it's hard for these places to stock everything, it's easier to have what sells then to have something take up shelf space for years.

I've ordered from all of these and they have been great great. Amain is a bit slow:
Amain
Hobbytown
Rc super store
Power hobby
Mytobbies.com

Amain recently opened an east coast warehouse. It is nice but also drives me nuts because I’ll order several items and they will come from two different warehouses and they charge me separate shipping. Wtf??

Amain recently opened an east coast warehouse. It is nice but also drives me nuts because I’ll order several items and they will come from two different warehouses and they charge me separate shipping. Wtf??
Contact them supposedly they aren't supposed to be charging twice for shipping.

For whatever reason I find myself ordering most of my stuff from Hobby Town. haven't had a single issue with them so far. (tho there not the only place I shop online)

I try to buy from local HobbyTown but tbh their stock sucks. I use jenny's a lot and for electronics I try to buy from Amain because they don't charge sales tax and I can use Amazon pay.

Funny that Amain collects tax from NY now. Past year. They never did before that.
For big purchases I use Amain and HH. With HH, your purchase is registered and the Arrma 2 year warranty is easy to use with HH in this way. Sometimes RPP Hobby has some deals too. But for stock parts its mostly JennysRC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back