Felony Felony Esc fried?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What pinion and what is your timing set to?

Contact Horizon if it’s under two years old. They’ll replace it free.

It’s not a great ESC for that car though. Something like the Max 6 would be more durable. Or you could buy a whole new system from HW or Castle.

Pinion is 16T M1, its technically second hand since I got it on a trade for a kraton, I converted the rear gears to GP5 so I can run the same-sized tires on all 4 corners. After breaking it down the RX is from an older unit so it will need to be put back to spec as well.

Pinion is 16T M1, its technically second hand since I got it on a trade for a kraton, I converted the rear gears to GP5 so I can run the same-sized tires on all 4 corners. After breaking it down the RX is from an older unit so it will need to be put back to spec as well.
The pinion should be fine. What about the timing?

I have heard the Firma150 is really not suited well for speed cars and can sometimes flame up. I would consider yourself lucky it didn't go full 🔥 from some posts we have seen on the forum.

For speed runners I have heard the MMX from castle is a good esc.

If you do put another Firma150 in there I would definitely turn down the timing. Stock seems to be way too high.

Horizon will ask for a receipt for warranty so you are probably out of luck there.

Last edited:
Esc stinks like burnt plastic and puts off esc thermal error and only steering responds.. Are all 6s escs the same (jennys rc) or is it better to just upgrade at this point?

Burnt smell means it’s fried. It’s a test I use when buying a used Spektrum or Firma before I even try it out.

Jenny’s has good replacements.. they buy cars whole and take the apart to resale.

Would also consider getting a 50t center spur from like a Kraton to run on the GP5s.

Upgrades are nice.. Max6 or MMX8s Castle would work. You could even get the Firma 160A esc too

Esc stinks like burnt plastic and puts off esc thermal error and only steering responds.. Are all 6s escs the same (jennys rc) or is it better to just upgrade at this point?
Touch spot...sorry

I use a lot of Spektrum ESC and Hobbywing. Firma 130A is in a lot of my 3S and 4S rigs work well. The Infraction 6S had Firma 150 did well for a year until it began to cut out, and went with a Firma 160 from a user here been great in the Infraction to have the extra AMPS.

There are some posts here about the Firma 150 seems to be 50/50. So I stay with the Spektrum ESCs but with all my rigs with a 150 I swap it out for a Max6.

Interesting. Does any of the Hobbywing or other vendors fit the Spektrum Bullets?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back