Notorious Few problems with new notorious

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! I am going to try that thanks
I use it on pretty much any exposed gear, throttle linkage (nitro), pivot joint, cup or cvd. Those little cvd boots you can buy tend to rip up eventually anyway, so I just make it a habit to put a few drops of that stuff on everything when I'm inspecting for damage. Then by the time I run the truck, the watery part has evaporated and leaves a waxy film on stuff to help protect it.

I use it on pretty much any exposed gear, throttle linkage (nitro), pivot joint, cup or cvd. Those little cvd boots you can buy tend to rip up eventually anyway, so I just make it a habit to put a few drops of that stuff on everything when I'm inspecting for damage. Then by the time I run the truck, the watery part has evaporated and leaves a waxy film on stuff to help protect it.

I ordered a small 4oz of chain lube at Ebay this morning. Also received a tiny 5ml bottle of dry lube from HobbyKing today with my GameDay Coupon order.
Here's a good price with free shipping on the chain lube. $7.95

I wish to compare both products out of curiosity.

s-l1600.jpg

My only complaint with the MIPs is that they need to be longer or offer a set that is longer, I hate having to remove something only because I can't reach the screw because the shaft is too short or that your knuckles are riding up against something while trying to remove a screw.

As far as the lube goes I would think that the Teflon and wax based bike chain lube in the spray can, like this http://www.walmart.com/ip/DuPont-Teflon-Chain-Saver-Dry-Self-Cleaning-Lubricant-11-oz/16672659 would do a good job as well for the pinion and spur, I've always been told to use that on the cvds, hinge pins, pillow balls ect because it is designed not to attract dirt.

My only complaint with the MIPs is that they need to be longer or offer a set that is longer, I hate having to remove something only because I can't reach the screw because the shaft is too short or that your knuckles are riding up against something while trying to remove a screw.

As far as the lube goes I would think that the Teflon and wax based bike chain lube in the spray can, like this http://www.walmart.com/ip/DuPont-Teflon-Chain-Saver-Dry-Self-Cleaning-Lubricant-11-oz/16672659 would do a good job as well for the pinion and spur, I've always been told to use that on the cvds, hinge pins, pillow balls ect because it is designed not to attract dirt.
That's the only one so far in the list that's aerosol but I'd try it for sure.

Another good cheap alternative to chain lube is cooking spray.

I use them all the time on 1/5th scale parts, give'em a good coat before bashing or after good cleanup. Also on all my road and MTB bikes, does the job well of protecting and preventing as much grit dirt to stick to it and its only a buck if purchased on those dollar stores.

Another good cheap alternative to chain lube is cooking spray.

I use them all the time on 1/5th scale parts, give'em a good coat before bashing or after good cleanup. Also on all my road and MTB bikes, does the job well of protecting and preventing as much grit dirt to stick to it and its only a buck if purchased on those dollar stores.
I imagine cooking spray that includes flour or some similar food stabilizer is an option. Including veg oil or canola can become gummy even on conditioning cookware. High temp polymer like flaxseed oil can withstand the day to day uses too.
Bake on with a heat gun, use the same bottle for your RCs and your cookware to eat and blast lol?

Glad it's late right now. No other excuse. lol

I imagine cooking spray that includes flour or some similar food stabilizer is an option. Including veg oil or canola can become gummy even on conditioning cookware. High temp polymer like flaxseed oil can withstand the day to day uses too.
Bake on with a heat gun, use the same bottle for your RCs and your cookware to eat and blast lol?

Glad it's late right now. No other excuse. lol
No you don't want oil, oil attracts dirt.

Probably similar stuff, but may be harder to get it where you want it without it going all over the place.

When I upgraded to a Robinson Racing bigger pinion the noise was cut on half. Still noisy but never like when I tried it for the first time from the box :-D

Probably similar stuff, but may be harder to get it where you want it without it going all over the place.
I spray aerosol lube into a small disposable cup then use a small 1/8" or 1/4" brush to apply it only to surfaces that need it. Far less mess!

Sounds like a stripped servo. Need a new one anyway that ones a POS and the mount is a POS too.

Welcome to 1/8th scale 6s problems :D

these cars need better engineering.

It’s an RTR servo.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back