Granite Finally built a proper wooden ramp for my Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice....I need to find a way to do the same to practice jumps starting small and working up as you did....have to get some info on ramps...

Nice....I need to find a way to do the same to practice jumps starting small and working up as you did....have to get some info on ramps...

I had to buy tools, but it wasn't that hard. Home Depot cut most of the launch surface and cross supports for free. All I had to do was cut the side curves with a jigsaw then put everything together with an electric screwdriver.

I think a second wooden ramp is coming. The launch angle/curve isn't quite right. Despite being able to hit it faster and getting much longer hang time. I can't get the double backflips I was getting with the cardboard ramp.

Last edited:
I had to buy tools, but it wasn't that hard. Home Depot cut most of the launch surface and cross supports for free. All I had to do was cut the side curves with a jigsaw then put everything together with an electric screwdriver.

I think a second wooden ramp is coming. The launch angle/curve isn't quite right. Despite being able to hit it faster and getting much longer hang time. I can't get the double backflips I was getting with the cardboard ramp.
Don’t approach so fast so that you have more throttle available as you hit the ramp. Either than or gear up so the tires spin faster.

Don’t approach so fast so that you have more throttle available as you hit the ramp. Either than or gear up so the tires spin faster.
Yes approaching slower and accelerating through the ramp does give more rotation, but this ramp still doesn't let me get the double in. I'm going to make another closer to the dimensions of my cardboard ramp, which was steeper/more curved. Hesitant to gear up to 18. I hate loc-tite, I like the fixed motor mount.

Last edited:
Finally built a proper wooden ramp for my Granite. The cardboard ramp was fun, but it's pretty trashed after months of abuse.
Yea Buddy!!! ?

18t was my sweet spot for my Granite!

Pretty epic, i'm going to try my hand at one tonight. I got some 3/4 ply and some 1/8 hardboard to use up. What would you recommend the width to be?
4ft minimum but as wide as possible.

Pretty epic, i'm going to try my hand at one tonight. I got some 3/4 ply and some 1/8 hardboard to use up. What would you recommend the width to be?
Mine is 3 feet wide. It's enough for me. Wider would be better for jumps, but portability is also an issue. The length and width of my ramp were designed to fit in the back of my car. The wider you can make it, the easier it is to hit with speed. My last one was a little over 2 feet, which is NOT wide enough to approach with speed.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back