Kraton Finally got my Kraton 6s v4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jxr006

Reaction score
After almost 2.5 of patiently waiting i (my son) finally got his kraton 6s.

Total Cost: $826
Car + Ultra power 240AC charger + 2x - 5200-50C Powerhobby batteries + the attachments for ec5 to the charger + store owner soldered ec5 connectors to the battery + 7% nj sales tax = $826. I thought that was a great price, cheaper than if i bought things online.

First Impressions:
1) put a huge smile on my face when i saw it rip..
2) battery life is decent. 20-30 minutes per pack at fill rip back and forth on a football field.
3) the turning power feels week. It's like when you turn when on a stand still it struggles to get there on grass or any material thats not glossy.
4) this damn remote sucksballs. Trying to brake or throw it in reverse after the full stop is annoying. I had to hit reverse like 2-3 times for it to reverse at times. that didn't matter if i was 4 feet from car or 50 yards... and even at dead stop reverse was annoying.

so in summary, if you're on the fence, i would wait for v5. I can't believe in the 4th version these problems exist. i would be embarrassed if i ran Arrma. I wouldn't want my name out there with a poop remote.

After almost 2.5 of patiently waiting i (my son) finally got his kraton 6s.

Total Cost: $826
Car + Ultra power 240AC charger + 2x - 5200-50C Powerhobby batteries + the attachments for ec5 to the charger + store owner soldered ec5 connectors to the battery + 7% nj sales tax = $826. I thought that was a great price, cheaper than if i bought things online.

First Impressions:
1) put a huge smile on my face when i saw it rip..
2) battery life is decent. 20-30 minutes per pack at fill rip back and forth on a football field.
3) the turning power feels week. It's like when you turn when on a stand still it struggles to get there on grass or any material thats not glossy.
4) this damn remote sucksballs. Trying to brake or throw it in reverse after the full stop is annoying. I had to hit reverse like 2-3 times for it to reverse at times. that didn't matter if i was 4 feet from car or 50 yards... and even at dead stop reverse was annoying.

so in summary, if you're on the fence, i would wait for v5. I can't believe in the 4th version these problems exist. i would be embarrassed if i ran Arrma. I wouldn't want my name out there with a poop remote.
Or instead of waiting a year for the V5, one could buy a $30 aftermarket remote? Your call.

The remote control is nothing big as the rest of the build is solid. Think about it you post about a remote control while traxxas fans post about all sorts of breakages. Id take a tank with a bad remote vs a money pit that cant be ran hard J/S.

what remote is $30 bucks? Do you mind sharing? I'm new to all of this so this is just an outsiders view.
You can go with a dumbo RC, flysky gt5 or if you want a super quality tx, Futaba 3PV.

I have a flysky gt5 I’d sell ya, basically new with a new rx that is currently in transit to my place of residency. The rx is taking forever to get here.

It's a fun truck! Like everyone else said, the servo and radio are known weak links. The servo is at least servicable, but the radio is a travesty for the most part.

This servo is a popular and inexpensive replacement.

+1 for the DumboRC X6 at banggood/AliExpress

https://www.amazon.com/DUMBORC-X6-T...r&qid=1590709033&sprefix=RC+T,aps,246&sr=8-22

I've never used one but they are $29.99 on Amazon.

I'm waiting on my Kraton and am looking for replacement radio gear to put in it when it gets here. I understand under powered servos and using plastic braces etc to keep cost down. And I also understand your not going to get a high end transmitter and receiver with a ready to run. But when a $30 set up is better than what you get that's pathetic. Maybe this way they sell more parts when your new Arrma goes out of control and hits something.

I've never used one but they are $29.99 on Amazon.

I'm waiting on my Kraton and am looking for replacement radio gear to put in it when it gets here. I understand under powered servos and using plastic braces etc to keep cost down. And I also understand your not going to get a high end transmitter and receiver with a ready to run. But when a $30 set up is better than what you get that's pathetic. Maybe this way they sell more parts when your new Arrma goes out of control and hits something.

Even better, I live in Europe and couldn't find it at local Amazon for a good price so AliExpress was the better option.

There are reports of horizon hobby replacing the stock radio with a different model so I'm pretty sure they know it's crap and will use a different one in the next versions.

But when a $30 set up is better than what you get that's pathetic.

thats the crux of my post. i am standing 5 feet from it, and it won't go into reverse or brake as it's coming to me until i try 2-3 times.
I wouldn't complain if it was version 1, but this is version 4, and cars that cost 10% of the price respond better..

Anyways at this point i'm moving on, thanks to this community, and thank fully for a cheap price, i can fix this problem.

Arrma 6s is nice .

I will buy my son soon one 6S Kraton.- He will drive it 4s in beginning only.
Most durable beginners RC Car ? 6S Kraton, Run it 4s ?

I believe this is the best RC CAR ever made if driven 4s

Or instead of waiting a year for the V5, one could buy a $30 aftermarket remote? Your call.

Yup. Turned it on once just to see everything worked then ditched the remote. That is a must do upgrade then i got hip to MITCH LOOPER AND M2C, well from that point tell now the v4 platform is an absolute beast build bro. trust and believe that you and your son will have a lifelong basher.???

There are reports of horizon hobby replacing the stock radio with a different model so I'm pretty sure they know it's crap and will use a different one in the next versions.

I’m sure by now they know it a pos. They should update it ASAP and not wait until the next version. When you know something doesn’t work and is defective to keep selling it is dishonest on both Arrma and Spectrums part.

I got mine today too!

Attachments

• 555DF16C-3E4F-4648-8B4D-CECEEA033964.jpeg
    555DF16C-3E4F-4648-8B4D-CECEEA033964.jpeg
    679 KB · Views: 47
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back