Granite Finally taking the Granite out for its first bash tomorrow. 😀

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jammer339

Reaction score
Had the Granite for 3 weeks now, not used her due to having wrong charging leads, upgrading her and work and kid commitments .. but I'm currently charging my 3s lipos so I can send it tomorrow. I can't wait. Just thought I'd share this with you all. Any tips you guys may have are fully welcome.

Congrats! You'll love it! Had to wait almost 2 weeks before running my Senton so I understand the pain of that. I would offer a few tips but since you mentioned sending it, maybe build a nice ramp. Enjoy!

Try not to break anything….😁
I don't intent to. Fi gers crossed lol
Congrats! You'll love it! Had to wait almost 2 weeks before running my Senton so I understand the pain of that. I would offer a few tips but since you mentioned sending it, maybe build a nice ramp. Enjoy!
Yea I'm looking at doing that at some point. Weather here ATM isn't good, so think I'm gonna go for a mild skate park bash tomorrow.

Last edited:
These are the reasons I bought it. Just got to learn how to control and land the backflips lol
Yea, it takes a little practice for sure. The throttle is sensitive on mine as far as in air control goes, but once you get it down, it’s nasty! I have a Kraton 6s and a Notorious 6s and I still run the granite more. I’ve broken a few things, but the parts for it are so cheap

Yea, it takes a little practice for sure. The throttle is sensitive on mine as far as in air control goes, but once you get it down, it’s nasty! I have a Kraton 6s and a Notorious 6s and I still run the granite more. I’ve broken a few things, but the parts for it are so cheap
Do you prefer the Granite over the other 2 then ?

Do you prefer the Granite over the other 2 then ?
Eh, it really depends on what I plan on doing. If I know I’m going to go crazy at the skate park, I do prefer the granite just because it’s cheaper to fix. I just got the Notorious this week, so I’m still learning it, but it’s pretty bad ass so far. I’d say it’s like a bigger, more powerful granite, just not as top heavy, so I don’t roll over if I turn sharp on heavy throttle.

I have an Outcast 6s. I also have a Granite that I run on 4s. It's my beater and I will do anything with it since parts are so cheap. 4s is a little overkill and it will do double backflips off trees and the smallest ditches on the road. I recommend going to a local park and running at the baseball diamond. Learn how to wheelie it their and mess around. Enjoy bro

So I blew a tyre out in the first 5 minutes but still let her rip for another hour or so. Haven't had a smile like that for quite some time. Officially hooked in to this hobby now.
My first thoughts are wow , amazing.. but how the hell do you keep the front wheels down? It is a full blown wheelie helter skelter.
Bashed it fairly hard on some grass jumps and the skatepark and nothing else has broken other than the tyre.
I used zeee 55000mah batteries with a 120c rating and they held up for about 25 minutes each, which I didn't think was too bad.
What upgraded tyres should I get.. these stock ones really ballooned up . I hear badlands are good?
I've not done the hex nut conversion so I'm still on the stock 14mm which limits what I can buy. Although it still ran fairly well once I ripped the flappy bit of the tyre off lol.

20230204_160644.jpg

20230204_160649.jpg

So I blew a tyre out in the first 5 minutes but still let her rip for another hour or so. Haven't had a smile like that for quite some time. Officially hooked in to this hobby now.
My first thoughts are wow , amazing.. but how the hell do you keep the front wheels down? It is a full blown wheelie helter skelter.
Bashed it fairly hard on some grass jumps and the skatepark and nothing else has broken other than the tyre.
I used zeee 55000mah batteries with a 120c rating and they held up for about 25 minutes each, which I didn't think was too bad.
What upgraded tyres should I get.. these stock ones really ballooned up . I hear badlands are good?
I've not done the hex nut conversion so I'm still on the stock 14mm which limits what I can buy. Although it still ran fairly well once I ripped the flappy bit of the tyre off lol.

View attachment 275539

View attachment 275540
I’m telling you dude, it’sa bad ass machine! I’ve blown 3 tires out so far in 20 runs or so. I just replace them with stocks.

I’m telling you dude, it’sa bad ass machine! I’ve blown 3 tires out so far in 20 runs or so. I just replace them with stocks.
It really is an animal! Can you buy them individually or just in pairs/sets ?

Just buy a set of the stock ones. Be careful when wheelieing and easy on the power. I have run MX28 in the past. They do balloons but again easy on the power. Belted tires will be to heavy for a small 3s rig

Id just buy 2 stock tires and keep replacing them. Try to put down the punch setting by 1-2 if you want less wheelie, or release a bit on the slipper clutch.
Yea the slipper defo needs loosening . It was making that horrible noise occasionally.
Just buy a set of the stock ones. Be careful when wheelieing and easy on the power. I have run MX28 in the past. They do balloons but again easy on the power. Belted tires will be to heavy for a small 3s rig
Is there any hack to stop them shredding a part or is it just one of those things that will need replacing regularly?

Yea, throttle control is really the only way to tame the wheelies. I can be running around 35 and squeeze the trigger and it’ll still wheelie. I do have my punch on the stock setting.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back