Granite Finally taking the Granite out for its first bash tomorrow. 😀

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, throttle control is really the only way to tame the wheelies. I can be running around 35 and squeeze the trigger and it’ll still wheelie. I do have my punch on the stock setting.
Yes mines on stock setting too. I defo need to go into the esc and put the brake setting higher.

I can't belive how rapid it is on 3s. I can't wait to try out a 6s 🤣
It’s a totally different beast. They make the granite look small. They’re almost scary when they’re coming towards you.

Btw HH will replace those tires. Follow warranty instructions. I got 4 new tires after blowing them out...not from abuse of course. Nice rig!

Last edited:
Yeah check the warranty. I’ve not had a tire blow, but I never hold the speed down when it’s off the ground, except for smaller jump backflips. Even then hitting the ground with the trigger down is how you bend motor plates and trash gears.

I used the fortress tires for a short while before I gashed one in a crash and replaced all 4 with badlands. I love those and they’ve been great ever since. I ran them on 14mm, tried 12mm, and now have the 17mm extensions, which I love.

As far as the wheelies go, 50% and 75% power are almost always more than I need to race or do stunts. It will still wheelie when I want it to, but I don’t lose control. I only found that balance and trigger control after several hours of racing and cornering on gravel and sidewalk.

20230205_155108.jpg

Yeah check the warranty. I’ve not had a tire blow, but I never hold the speed down when it’s off the ground, except for smaller jump backflips. Even then hitting the ground with the trigger down is how you bend motor plates and trash gears.

I used the fortress tires for a short while before I gashed one in a crash and replaced all 4 with badlands. I love those and they’ve been great ever since. I ran them on 14mm, tried 12mm, and now have the 17mm extensions, which I love.

As far as the wheelies go, 50% and 75% power are almost always more than I need to race or do stunts. It will still wheelie when I want it to, but I don’t lose control. I only found that balance and trigger control after several hours of racing and cornering on gravel and sidewalk.
I bought it new on ebay. Not sure if it'll have any warranty.. certainly not from the seller. I've been running it on 75% today , seems better but still hooks up.
I'm waiting for my long 2mm hex driver to arrive so I can lose my slipper and locktite the screws on the axle screw. I had a wheel come off today 😞
I do like the look of badlands and heard good things about them.

Last edited:
Ah OK, I thought it was because it was too tight. Thanks for the info
Im happy to be corrected, however my logic says, the slipper clutch is there because it needs to swallow the instant pressure that can come from a stop-start full throttle. If its tight, it needs way more throttle to slip and scream. If its loosened, it will slip more and scream more.

Again, happy to be corrected.

Just giving an update , I bought a set of proline badlands mx28 not belted...reduced the punch setting to 2 and set the brake setting on 75%. Man does this thing hook now with these tyres..so much so that I was able to go almost full speed whilst keeping the front end down until I hit a railing and wedged the car in underneath it and as a result broke the the front driveshaft at the universal joint on the hub side.
Another day, another break but another day spend with my daughters smiling 😃

Just giving an update , I bought a set of proline badlands mx28 not belted...reduced the punch setting to 2 and set the brake setting on 75%. Man does this thing hook now with these tyres..so much so that I was able to go almost full speed whilst keeping the front end down until I hit a railing and wedged the car in underneath it and as a result broke the the front driveshaft at the universal joint on the hub side.
Another day, another break but another day spend with my daughters smiling 😃
good fun ends up with some breakages. so what are the parts you need exactly?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back