Fireteam Fireteam/Limitless buggy build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyrus

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
Alright, it’s at the point where I call it a build!

IMG_4883.jpeg

Fireteam my buddy was selling and floated me a 200 dollar price after I helped him get his Limitless going. I like the stock body but weight is kinda high. Saw some guys on here throwing Limitless bodies on them and I am a buggy boy so I got right on it! Kraton 6S wing on an RPM mount, super basher front bumper with @3d-rc.myshopify.com bumper support, and diff fluids changed to 60f/500c/30r. Pulled the running boards and put on Mojave side skirts and slid the battery tray back while things were apart. Body is mounted with Fireteam’s front mount and Kraton rear mounts. Body does sit a little higher than I’d like but leaves good clearance for larger hardcase batteries and room for fans to breathe. Lowering it would require more trimming up front for steering links and arms so I’m just living with it.

IMG_4985.jpeg

Paint turned out gorgeous, especially for my first tape and spray attempt.

IMG_5013.jpeg

IMG_5009.jpeg

IMG_5087.jpeg

By this time I’d run a few packs through it and the stock motor and esc are great but there were a couple things I missed from my other small rigs. Kept an eye out and caught a Castle combo on sale!

IMG_5085.jpeg

IMG_5101.jpeg

MMX8S and 1717-1650kv fit in beautifully even with handbrake. I’m leaving it for now, cool little party trick. 😂 Still needs wires tucked a little better and a longer sensor wire but it’s already got a few packs through it and man did it come alive with the drivetrain upgrade! Definitely more things I want to add as the budget allows and as things break!

IMG_5100.jpeg

Size comparison next to my buggy converted Traxxas Slash. This is my first Arrma and my first 6S off road rig and I am thoroughly impressed. Seems well engineered, lots of aftermarket support, and tons of parts cross over between models in the 6S platform which is amazing from a customizing standpoint. Questions, thoughts, and suggestions are all welcome!

Alright, it’s at the point where I call it a build!

View attachment 321642

Fireteam my buddy was selling and floated me a 200 dollar price after I helped him get his Limitless going. I like the stock body but weight is kinda high. Saw some guys on here throwing Limitless bodies on them and I am a buggy boy so I got right on it! Kraton 6S wing on an RPM mount, super basher front bumper with @3d-rc.myshopify.com bumper support, and diff fluids changed to 60f/500c/30r. Pulled the running boards and put on Mojave side skirts and slid the battery tray back while things were apart. Body is mounted with Fireteam’s front mount and Kraton rear mounts. Body does sit a little higher than I’d like but leaves good clearance for larger hardcase batteries and room for fans to breathe. Lowering it would require more trimming up front for steering links and arms so I’m just living with it.

View attachment 321655

Paint turned out gorgeous, especially for my first tape and spray attempt.

View attachment 321656
View attachment 321658
View attachment 321661

By this time I’d run a few packs through it and the stock motor and esc are great but there were a couple things I missed from my other small rigs. Kept an eye out and caught a Castle combo on sale!

View attachment 321669

View attachment 321670

MMX8S and 1717-1650kv fit in beautifully even with handbrake. I’m leaving it for now, cool little party trick. 😂 Still needs wires tucked a little better and a longer sensor wire but it’s already got a few packs through it and man did it come alive with the drivetrain upgrade! Definitely more things I want to add as the budget allows and as things break!

View attachment 321673

Size comparison next to my buggy converted Traxxas Slash. This is my first Arrma and my first 6S off road rig and I am thoroughly impressed. Seems well engineered, lots of aftermarket support, and tons of parts cross over between models in the 6S platform which is amazing from a customizing standpoint. Questions, thoughts, and suggestions are all welcome!
Wow! The red on the metallic gun metal color pops. Almost look like a gift wrap bow.🎁 Nice build. I do love the fact the 6S line components are interchangeable. I was able to throw together a “Frankenstein Typhon” with all the extra parts and pieces I had laying around from upgrades. Funny thing is that I’m driving that the most right now.

Should fly well with that weight bias compared to factory Mojave/fireteam setup. I’d expect to upgrade the towers being exposed at that weight less protection.

Wow! The red on the metallic gun metal color pops. Almost look like a gift wrap bow.🎁 Nice build. I do love the fact the 6S line components are interchangeable. I was able to throw together a “Frankenstein Typhon” with all the extra parts and pieces I had laying around from upgrades. Funny thing is that I’m driving that the most right now.
I’ve always wanted a Typhon! Maybe I’ll be able to do the same as you someday. 😁
Should fly well with that weight bias compared to factory Mojave/fireteam setup. I’d expect to upgrade the towers being exposed at that weight less protection.
It floats beautifully! I had it out and beat on it yesterday and now it has the signature scratched up shock towers of a buggy. 😂
I like it, Arrma doesn't make a bigger buggy than the Typhon, but with the swaps you got there essentially it is a 1/7th buggy, NICE!!! 👍👍👍
Why don’t they know we want the buggies!! I had to do the same to my Traxxas Slash. To be fair I don’t know if Traxxas could compete in the 1/8 buggy world considering what’s out there already.

Also for anyone curious, these were my colors chosen. Sprayed in order from left to right.
IMG_4986.jpeg

The Tamiya PS-60 Bright Mica Red is actually very similar to the red in the Arrma stickers which was not planned, just a happy little accident. 😂

IMG_5001.jpeg

Tires tires tires! Backflip LPs look great! Couple other tire options at my LHS but I read a lot about these and the 6S and they talked me into the LPs. Pretty nice that they also keep SRC and Powerhobby tires in stock too if I wanted to give those a shot and get them locally.

IMG_5115.jpeg

IMG_5116.jpeg

The Katar T tires also look nice but look slightly small on it in my opinion. This set is from a buddy just to fit up and see how they look so I could try without buying. 😂

IMG_5112.jpeg

Tires tires tires! Backflip LPs look great! Couple other tire options at my LHS but I read a lot about these and the 6S and they talked me into the LPs. Pretty nice that they also keep SRC and Powerhobby tires in stock too if I wanted to give those a shot and get them locally.

View attachment 322231
View attachment 322232

The Katar T tires also look nice but look slightly small on it in my opinion. This set is from a buddy just to fit up and see how they look so I could try without buying. 😂

View attachment 322233
Just needs a nose.

Nice build there. I did mine like yours, except well before the FT was even released. My inspriation came form the Mojave and the many take off parts lying around. Including a spare Lim body collecting dust. You may have seen my build.
Nice project. I know it probably drives as nice as mine. I used a larger 1/5 8s OC wing instead of the 1/8 one. It seems more to scale for its size that it is.. The larger wing matches the larger Buggy scale looks proportion wise..

I used left over cut off scrap for the nose piece.

1696311586356.png

1696311726474.png

Last edited:
Just needs a nose.
Front looks very empty for sure. I mocked up the piece I cut out of the nose of the Limitless but it sits high and looks kinda weird to me. Maybe painted and mounted in front with a spare body mount it would look better. Haven’t got around to working on it much!
IMG_5123.jpeg

Nice build there. I did mine like yours, except well before the FT was even released. My inspriation came form the Mojave and the many take off parts lying around. Including a spare Lim body collecting dust. You may have seen my build.
Nice project. I know it probably drives as nice as mine. I used a larger 1/5 8s OC wing instead of the 1/8 one. It seems more to scale for its size that it is.. The larger wing matches the larger Buggy scale looks proportion wise..

I used left over cut off scrap for the nose piece.

View attachment 325116
View attachment 325117

SrC, yours was the first one I ran across with the Limitless body and Sweeps on it and immediately fell in love with the look. I probably still have the screenshots from when I sent pics to the guy I bought the FT from used. 🤣

I do like your nose piece.(y)
Basically how most buggies are. Maybe a bit smaller and mounted to the Front Bulk head like all buggies are, can even work. Less chance of getting struck and ripped out.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back