Fireteam Fireteam worth with sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just keep in mind jumping is fine.... but not the ideal rig for jumping if that is your objective with it, although you can do it (y) not this rig sweet spot.
Jumping isn't my primary goal. But I am sure the truck can do just fine doing getting like 5ft of air. I am not a send it to the moon person. Like the sliding around type driving. Still am curious to move the battery tray.

Moving the battery tray is a must if you plan on doing any jumping.

For moving the battery tray back. Do you disconnect it from the receiver box?
Move the whole thing back as one unit..

47996ADC-37FE-4077-A241-1DC1F8102CA6.jpeg

I guess I will have to look at the wiring because it seemed tight coming off the rear brake I think.
Ah the rear brake……
Its useless in my opinion. Some guys dig it…….I don’t. I took mine off.

I have my handbrake installed and the battery tray moved back with zero issues.

I had to undo the cable tie down hooks and relieve some tension on the wires. I then used a zip tie to attach as a space essentially to hold the wires in place to the hooks. Will try the truck out tomorrow and see how much better it is.

Ordered some diff fluid for it. Going to go 50/300/20. See how I like that setups. Should be a bit better then stock.

So I finally got to try the truck out. So much better balanced with the tray moved back.
I took mine to the golf course tonight.... Damn good RC, and for what I am jumping on the mounds and traps, I have the light body no men so feel it makes up my difference.

Keep us posted on your changes.

Taking the men out saves so much weight! Has to be better for temps too.
Weight with the men is night and day with them out....miles apart on weight!

When taking the men out, what do you put in place to help protect the internals?
Nothing....

My Losi rig and a few others are open. Regardless stuff still gets under the body. Seeing these are bashers does not hurt anything. Of course, more dirt will get it but the dirt was going to get in anyway, :LOL:

Makes you wonder why it's not like that out of the box
Trial and error.
Next few versions they'll take what is said by customers and update (hopefully they listen)
If not, all you RC freaks are awesome at modding and making stuff better:love:

Makes you wonder why it's not like that out of the box
Because then we would move the batt tray forward and say how good it handles...🙄😜🤣🤣🤣.

It probably drifts better than a Kraton. And I think it's more fair to say it sucks at flipping. I jumps fine with stock tires and it has enough to keep the rubber side down. But I don't flip much - it sucks for flipping with the long wheelbase, big body, and stock tires.

I see the fireteam getting a lot of hate. I was looking at the kraton 6s or the typhon 6s originally. I have a 3s typhon that my son has gotten really good at driving on the low power setting. Now I want something for both of us to do when we go to the baseball field.

So I saw horizon has the fireteam on sale for 150 off. I bought it for 520 which I thought would put it ahead of what the kraton is for the money.

Is the fireteam worth it or should I cancel the order
Hi!
I own a fireteam now for about a year or so and i love it. The thing with the hate is that a lot of people like the Kraton-style body and Fireteam is just different. It has a rollcage, different body parts, 4 military guys in it and u unique look.
Not everybody is into that. I just happen to like it for these reasons!
And drive-wise, it is super-stable because of its length/wheelbase. The tires are great and have a lot of grip.
I love driving this car. I actually bought it for 799 euro here in the netherlands. They have it on sale now here for 499 euro (the BLX/RTR version).
I say it's worth it!

Hi!
I own a fireteam now for about a year or so and i love it. The thing with the hate is that a lot of people like the Kraton-style body and Fireteam is just different. It has a rollcage, different body parts, 4 military guys in it and u unique look.
Not everybody is into that. I just happen to like it for these reasons!
And drive-wise, it is super-stable because of its length/wheelbase. The tires are great and have a lot of grip.
I love driving this car. I actually bought it for 799 euro here in the netherlands. They have it on sale now here for 499 euro (the BLX/RTR version).
I say it's worth it!
Sweet!! Glad to hear you're enjoying it! I don't care what they look like myself, it's all about the performance for me. I mean, it inevitably is gonna get beat up in a couple weeks so I don't care what they look like! LOL Enjoy!!👌

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back