First bearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t re-grease the new bearings. Eddy’s supplier already did a better job than you can.

When it’s time to work on them, here’s a grease you can try.

Super Lube-21030 Synthetic Multi-Purpose Grease, 3 Oz. https://a.co/d/7CttSdZ
I use this on on my diff gears also. Impervious to salt water and road salt, sticky and lightweight.

Not a fan of grease on my rc bearings as it actually slows them down and even more so when cold. The Super Lube was a nice choice but they have another product that's much better for bearings. This is actually recommended for ceramics but all the same characteristics apply to steel bearings too. Only drawback is you need to apply it more frequently.
20231109_054228.jpg

But yeah, leave the Eddys alone for a bit. He already took care of them for you.

Not a fan of grease on my rc bearings as it actually slows them down and even more so when cold. The Super Lube was a nice choice but they have another product that's much better for bearings. This is actually recommended for ceramics but all the same characteristics apply to steel bearings too. Only drawback is you need to apply it more frequently.View attachment 330950
But yeah, leave the Eddys alone for a bit. He already took care of them for you.
Super new to the hobby, but what I've heard is lube is more for racing while grease is for bashing (I'm straight bashing).
Don’t re-grease the new bearings. Eddy’s supplier already did a better job than you can.

When it’s time to work on them, here’s a grease you can try.

Super Lube-21030 Synthetic Multi-Purpose Grease, 3 Oz. https://a.co/d/7CttSdZ
Thanks a bunch, I'll jump on this after a few handfuls of packs!

So I ordered some Fast Eddy's for my first bearing upgrade/change/cleaning. Any recommendations on grease?

I use new bearings as is...but when I am done. I hit all the moving parts: pivot balls, hinges, suspension, stuff with up/down motion or pivots like the CVDs with Cow's silicone spray. Yep, some do get on the bearings, but it is not my intent.

When I am done I hit the plastic with SC1 for a nice shine

1699559127477.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back