Kraton Need help with my first RC car kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewDudeHere

Reaction score
if u ain't broke, you are buying wrong stuff
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi, guys.

joined the forum today itself, had to fresh the forum atleast 50 times before i got email of account approval finally, hope to learn a lot form you guys and get broke soon :sneaky:

purchased my kraton 6s BLX on amazon 3days back which i will get it by nov 10. As i live in india and rc cars are not available here, so i had to import it. as each shipment have loads of shipping customs fees i wanted to minimise the shipments and get as many spares or parts in a single package

I mainly ride this car in a little bit of wet grass or gravel or dusty roads, maybe a little bit of sand from time to time. i wont be jumping/ flying it like a boeing 777X like shown in the youtube videos. maybe small flips or jumps like 5m etc and mostly lots of drifting and hard turns

which spare/optional parts a must for this car that breaks frequently or easily. please don't say handles or this and that bar as im a baby to rc world and ive been googling non stop since last 5days even in the sleep im only seeing cars lmao. so i kindly request you to give me links to buy the parts from. the below sitess ship to my country

amain hobbies or amazon

thank you so much in advance

Last edited:
One item you might want to upgrade is the steering bell crank system - not that it breaks that much, but that there is a lot of flex in the stock composite system. There are many brands of aluminum bell cranks on the market, but Treal bell cranks are a step above most (Treal uses 7075 aluminum vice 6061 aluminum). They can be ordered directly from Treal in China at www.trealhobby.com. You will notice an improvement in steering - less slop and stronger components.

https://www.trealhobby.com/products...-linkage-aluminum-7075-for-18-arrma-kraton-6s

Hi, guys.

joined the forum today itself, had to fresh the forum atleast 50 times before i got email of account approval finally, hope to learn a lot form you guys and get broke soon :sneaky:

purchased my kraton 6s BLX on amazon 3days back which i will get it by nov 10. As i live in india and rc cars are not available here, so i had to import it. as each shipment have loads of shipping customs fees i wanted to minimise the shipments and get as many spares or parts in a single package

I mainly ride this car in a little bit of wet grass or gravel or dusty roads, maybe a little bit of sand from time to time. i wont be jumping/ flying it like a boeing 777X like shown in the youtube videos. maybe small flips or jumps like 5m etc and mostly lots of drifting and hard turns

which spare/optional parts a must for this car that breaks frequently or easily. please don't say handles or this and that bar as im a baby to rc world and ive been googling non stop since last 5days even in the sleep im only seeing cars lmao. so i kindly request you to give me links to buy the parts from. the below sitess ship to my country

amain hibbies or amazon

thank you so much in advance

Welcome to the Ranch!
Based on how you plan on light bashing your new rig.. I'd say you should just Enjoy the vehicle as is..
It's tough enough to handle whatever you can dish out.
Unless you ram it (at speed) into a light pole or concrete curb..
You'll want to have some spare suspension arms (front and rears), driveshafts (they will get bent if you crash hard or just tumble down a hill)..
But overall you're going to have a Good time and Lots of fun.
Right out of the box.

I would suggest you read up on some prep-flight check on the rig and general maintenance.
And, on Lipo battery safety.
👍

One item you might want to upgrade is the steering bell crank system - not that it breaks that much, but that there is a lot of flex in the stock composite system. There are many brands of aluminum bell cranks on the market, but Treal bell cranks are a step above most (Treal uses 7075 aluminum vice 6061 aluminum). They can be ordered directly from Treal in China at www.trealhobby.com. You will notice an improvement in steering - less slop and stronger components.

https://www.trealhobby.com/products...-linkage-aluminum-7075-for-18-arrma-kraton-6s
thanks for the link (y), so only one part? i read so many people saying that ecs burned on first run or servo gone bad on 1st run etc

i was gonna buy the below parts. do you think im wasting money?i don't to buy anything excess. all i want is a good rc that will last me atleast 6 months without me flying it

please let me know the parts i don't need. i will just remove them

@Tex Koder thanks for the suggestions. do you mind checking below image and let me know if i have all i need?

parts.png

Welcome!

Hmmm....

What would I say is a must-have if I were day 1 with my Kraton.

1. Bearings. My links will be in the US, sorry. I found that having 1-bearing kit on-hand at all times, and
2. Spare wheel bearing....sand, grass, dirt kills the wheels. I change them 2-4 runs so keep spare of

8x16x5mm here
15x21x4mm here

3. I am not a jumper like you. You sum up how I bash. But the M2C Skock Tower Standoff here is a good upgrade. Mine bent on bashing and hard-crashing
4. I have the EXB, so I ate all into my outdrives. M2C outdrives is a must for me. The driveshaft ate into mine. Here is the non-EXB

@NewDudeHere

How did I forget 3DRC here. His wings are a must have to take the stress off the rear shock tower here

Last edited:
thanks for the link (y), so only one part? i read so many people saying that ecs burned on first run or servo gone bad on 1st run etc

i was gonna buy the below parts. do you think im wasting money?i don't to buy anything excess. all i want is a good rc that will last me atleast 6 months without me flying it

@Tex Koder thanks for the suggestions. do you mind checking below image and let me know if i have all i need?

View attachment 328533

No on the tires they are heavy and the wheels are extremely fragile. I believe those Rpm mud guards are for the old V1 Rpm a arms I do not know if they fit the new a arms double check the RPM website to make sure. No need for the Hot Racing motor cooler the car already has a heatsink that is twice the size of that, you just need a 35mm fan and 4 screws to attach it, there is even a pigtail coming off of the esc fan so you can connect the fan without having to take anything apart. No need for 2 rear skid plates get one or the other not both.

-edit- this fan fits on the stock motor heatsink just make sure you select the 35mm option.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mt3OC1i

Last edited:

View attachment 328533

The list looks solid!

But probably get these tires instead..
https://www.amazon.com/ARRMA-AR5100...lti-Spoke/dp/B06XDV5MV9/ref=asc_df_B06XDV5MV9

Welcome!

Hmmm....

What would I say is a must-have if I were day 1 with my Kraton.

1. Bearings. My links will be in the US, sorry. I found that having 1-bearing kit on-hand at all times, and
2. Spare wheel bearing....sand, grass, dirt kills the wheels. I change them 2-4 runs so keep spare of

8x16x5mm here
15x21x4mm here

3. I am not a jumper like you. You sum up how I bash. But the M2C Skock Tower Standoff here is a good upgrade. Mine bent on bashing and hard-crashing
4. I have the EXB, so I ate all into my outdrives. M2C outdrives is a must for me. The driveshaft ate into mine. Here is the non-EXB

@NewDudeHere

How did I forget 3DRC here. His wings are a must have to take the stress off the rear shock tower here
No on the tires they are heavy and the wheels are extremely fragile. I believe those Rpm mud guards are for the old V1 Rpm a arms I do not know if they fit the new a arms double check the RPM website to make sure. No need for the Hot Racing motor cooler the car already has a heatsink that is twice the size of that, you just need a 35mm fan and 4 screws to attach it, there is even a pigtail coming off of the esc fan so you can connect the fan without having to take anything apart. No need for 2 rear skid plates get one or the other not both.

-edit- this fan fits on the stock motor heatsink just make sure you select the 35mm option.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mt3OC1i

thank you so much for the detailed suggestions with links. i removed and added everything you said, except for the 3DRC shock tower as they are not shipped to india. can you suggest any other brand from amain hobbies or amazon?

also can you suggest a very good ECS and servo. budget wont matter if they last me atleast a year🙏

View attachment 328533
I don't recommend RPM suspension arms - they are known to be too flexible, and they can develop a permanent droop. The other items are good to go.

TBH, that above is the very last upgrade I would want, get or need. I run all stocker belcranks in all 9 of my 6s rigs. Just cracked it one time in all the years . And it is actually hard to do. And Cheap enough to replace. $Alloy belcranks$ come with other issues. Just my spin.

>>>Very First Upgrade needed is Front and Rear Alloy braces, especially for the LWB K6s. Pick a brand.
HR, M2C, EXB, take your pick.
>>>Get a Center Metal diff cup. Center diff runs quite hot and can melt the plastic stocker one. Been there.. Get the Arrma Metal Upgrade version.
>>>I Recommend running 60kFr/500kCenter/20-30k Rr. Diff oils.
Stock 10k/100k/10k oils are just too thin.

thank you so much for the detailed suggestions with links. i removed and added everything you said, except for the 3DRC shock tower as they are not shipped to india. can you suggest any other brand from amain hobbies or amazon?

also can you suggest a very good ECS and servo. budget wont matter if they last me atleast a year🙏

For the wing mount try the RPM heavy duty one. https://www.amainhobbies.com/rpm-ar...JEMlzyp83IXDlJarDb4uVGJFuhrUAvrRoCG1AQAvD_BwE

For the esc it really depends on whether you are going to stick with the stock motor or use a bigger one. If sticking with the stock motor either the Castle Mamba Monster 2, the Castle Mamba Monster X or the Hobbywing Max8 are going to be good options and are usually available from both Amazon and Amain.

As far as servos go I've been beating on this thing for about a year now with great results https://www.bluebirdservousa.com/product-page/copy-of-bls-h51b-v2-helical-gear-brushless-servo

Bluebird does have a global site as well in case the US site doesn't ship to you https://www.blue-bird-model.com/products_detail/394.htm
TBH, that above is the very last upgrade I would want, get or need. I run all stocker belcranks in all 9 of my 6s rigs. Just cracked it one time in all the years . And it is actually hard to do. And Cheap enough to replace. $Alloy belcranks$ come with other issues. Just my spin.

>>>Very First Upgrade needed is Front and Rear Alloy braces, especially for the LWB K6s. Pick a brand.
HR, M2C, EXB, take your pick.
>>>Get a Center Metal diff cup. Center diff runs quite hot and can melt the plastic stocker one. Been there.. Get the Arrma Metal Upgrade version.
>>>I Recommend running 60kFr/500kCenter/20-30k Rr. Diff oils.
Stock 10k/100k/10k oils are just too thin.

My Outcast 6s is only on its second bellcrank since 2017 and the upper a arms have way more slop in them than the stock steering bellcrank.

I'm a lot like you. I do not send my rigs to the moon, but I do bash them good-hard. At the same time, I am OCD about my RC, maintenance, clean-up, and keeping it in shape.

I follow AJ JAMS. He likes the RPM arms, but I have never broken a stock arm. Removed the arm end washers and adjust the droops so the dog bones stopped popping out.

ESC I like to be over-power my ESCs a bit although I run my rig at stock power so I tend to go with the Max6 ESC I have the previous version.

Servo I went over the top with a ProModeler DS630 others that are cheaper and do just as good.

never broke a bell crank yet 7 years running arrma I must be lucky

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back