Fireteam First ramp I build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABEL=VX9=

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Granite
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
Hey all just wanted to share my home made ramp. it can be folded and launches my 6s fireteam to the moon lol

20221001_170825.jpg
20221001_170900.jpg
Screenshot_20221009-083348_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221009-083543_Gallery.jpg

thats awesome, how heavy is it? i recently made my first RC ramp, mind if i share? mine doesn't fold but it does have a cool party trick.
Pls share.

Just 10 kilo = 22 pounds
L39 x w39xh17 inches

Very cool!

What material did you use for the launch pad/flat part? This winter I am going to attempt to build something very similar to yours. Want it light and portable.

Is the jump angle adjustable?

Great job man! Ramps like this make bashing so much fun as you can basically take the ramp and set up anywhere! 👍 😁 ✌️

Very cool!

What material did you use for the launch pad/flat part? This winter I am going to attempt to build something very similar to yours. Want it light and portable.

Is the jump angle adjustable?

Great job man! Ramps like this make bashing so much fun as you can basically take the ramp and set up anywhere! 👍 😁 ✌️
Adjustable didnt had the patience anymore so Not at this moment...yet

Wanna use the 3 support legs and move them backwards a bit. so just a few more holes to drill in the lowet bars. Or put smaller support legs. But that's extra parts so I'll go for the extra holes
Screenshot_20221009_232152.jpg

Ramp made of
Aluminium frame small kokers
flexible plastic plate 2mm thick. Plexiglass or something. End used popnales like in the aircraft industry to. ( work in a factory whare we build containers for aircrafts ) to nail the plate on the kokers.

Safety walk strips for antislip

Adjustable didnt had the patience anymore so Not at this moment...yet

Wanna use the 3 support legs and move them backwards a bit. so just a few more holes to drill in the lowet bars. Or put smaller support legs. But that's extra parts so I'll go for the extra holes
View attachment 249110
Ramp made of
Aluminium frame small kokers
flexible plastic plate 2mm thick. Plexiglass or something. End used popnales like in the aircraft industry to. ( work in a factory whare we build containers for aircrafts ) to nail the plate on the kokers.

Safety walk strips for antislip
Very cool man. Great job.

I made it using wood i had laying around. Made it in 2 sections so i can just use the bottom half so the car goes further and lower or clamp it together if i want height. Put a peice of wood on hinges at the bottom to smooth out the ground to ramp transition. Its surprisingly light weight.
20220818_211902.jpg
20220818_121031.jpg
20220818_212035.jpg

20220818_211902.jpg

Awesome Ill try to finish it later this week and with some better pictures but that wooden ramp is crazy would love to launch my cars from that 🤩🤩🤩

I made it using wood i had laying around. Made it in 2 sections so i can just use the bottom half so the car goes further and lower or clamp it together if i want height. Put a peice of wood on hinges at the bottom to smooth out the ground to ramp transition. Its surprisingly light weight.
View attachment 249335View attachment 249337View attachment 249338

View attachment 249336
Bro.... do you have to put a space suit on your $h!t before you launch off that beast?

20221015_135745.jpg

20221015_135833.jpg

20221015_121750.jpg

44cm = 17 inch my first fotos
20221015_131129.jpg

34cm = 13 inch so its adjustable now, I think 😅
20221015_135842.jpg

Welded the top bars, not the bottom wanted to keep the flexibility on the ground when adjusting the height.
Test drive tomorrow

View attachment 250300

View attachment 250301
View attachment 250298
44cm = 17 inch my first fotos
View attachment 250299
34cm = 13 inch so its adjustable now, I think 😅View attachment 250303
Welded the top bars, not the bottom wanted to keep the flexibility on the ground when adjusting the height.
Test drive tomorrow
Loving your design! You're giving me ideas! 😉😃 I know the temptation of putting the grip tape on the surface, but personally I wouldn't do so. When your rig hits the ramp it will inevitably bottom out & the 1st parts to hit will get abraded down like ya put a belt sander on em. Your tires will have enough traction if you carry enough speed on the approach to the front. If you're accelerating hard or steering hard, for that matter, on the ramp it's too late already, just go around again. Just my opinion tho 🤷‍♂️This has just been my experience w/ jumping, but try not to be hard on throttle when you land either. Tough on equipment- tires, diffs, driveline etc. Here's the 1st one I built, free dumpster build

20220428_121327.jpg

20220428_120404.jpg

20220428_134519.jpg

Last edited:
Loving your design! You're giving me ideas! 😉😃 I know the temptation of putting the grip tape on the surface, but personally I wouldn't do so. When your rig hits the ramp it will inevitably bottom out & the 1st parts to hit will get abraded down like ya put a belt sander on em. Your tires will have enough traction if you carry enough speed on the approach to the front. If you're accelerating hard or steering hard, for that matter, on the ramp it's too late already, just go around again. Just my opinion tho 🤷‍♂️This has just been my experience w/ jumping, but try not to be hard on throttle when you land either. Tough on equipment- tires, diffs, driveline etc. Here's the 1st one I built, free dumpster build
Well you have a point on the grip tape. It's allready damaged. But with the backflip just a bit of gas when front tire leave the ramp it does help with a bit of grip.
Now I think about it..... its plastic and slippery as hell with mud, sand and water. W'll see how it ends.
Lessons will be learned, first idea and build but I do understand what you are saying and that is a nice first build also. You posted there

Do you know or remember the size of yours

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back