Florida Florida is the ***t!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RuffRiki

“If you’re not first, you’re last!”
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
I’ve always heard great things about Florida but daaaamn!!! Florida is all that and waaay more 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
FFF275D5-6396-4DFD-AA43-D70ED2305F90.jpeg

Thread type
RC Track or Bash Spot
I’ve always heard great things about Florida but daaaamn!!! Florida is all that and waaay more 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥View attachment 265906
Also lightening capital, shark bite capital, pedifile capital, hurricanes and humidity that would kill a camel. All facts, except for the camel . That is a really cool hotel though, never been there but friends have.

Also lightening capital, shark bite capital, pedifile capital, hurricanes and humidity that would kill a camel. All facts, except for the camel . That is a really cool hotel though, never been there but friends have.
So are you saying that these are bad things?

The things I listed I would consider negatives, however there's some really good things about this state as well, such as the shorts and T- shirts this time of year. I found the above facts kind of interesting upon moving here in 2001. No perfect paradise anywhere and its all a matter of opinion. On the plus side, I REALLY like our Governor!

The things I listed I would consider negatives, however there's some really good things about this state as well, such as the shorts and T- shirts this time of year. I found the above facts kind of interesting upon moving here in 2001. No perfect paradise anywhere and its all a matter of opinion. On the plus side, I REALLY like our Governor!
Well...two out of ten ain't bad, AMIRITE?! :LOL: Ron has been on a tear, making all the right moves.

The things I listed I would consider negatives, however there's some really good things about this state as well, such as the shorts and T- shirts this time of year. I found the above facts kind of interesting upon moving here in 2001. No perfect paradise anywhere and its ll a matter of opinion.
I’m only passing through friends, all I know about this beautiful state is what I’m seeing…🤐
Again, can't beat the weather in winter. Summers are unbearable, humidity hits you like a brick wall. Spent first 40 years in Michigan, so know about cold winters. Personally, looking hard at North Carolina mountains for retirement...always a greener pasture, or so it seems. ;)

I've live there a couple of times at a couple of different ages in my life. It has its pros and cons. My last stint I was there for almost 6 years. I've lived in the South East side and the upper West side. Different vibes for sure. How good or bad it is there is totally dependent on your perspective. I "could" live there. My wife will never live there again. It's a bit boring to me now after living out west. The best part of it use to be how cheap housing is... not so much anymore.

I'm in port st lucie.... Which is about 90 min north of this photo.... Do you live in FL or just visiting?

The things I listed I would consider negatives, however there's some really good things about this state as well, such as the shorts and T- shirts this time of year. I found the above facts kind of interesting upon moving here in 2001. No perfect paradise anywhere and its ll a matter of opinion.
I’m only passing through friends, all I know about this beautiful state is what I’m seeing…🤐
Again, can't beat the weather in winter. Summers are unbearable, humidity hits you like a brick wall. Spent first 40 years in Michigan, so know about cold winters. Personally, looking hard at North Carolina mountains for retirement...always a greener pasture, or so it seems.
I'm in port st lucie.... Which is about 90 min north of this photo.... Do you live in FL or just visiting?
Not sure who your asking, but I live in Deland, Fl. About 20 miles west of daytona beach. Nice small town.
Nothing beats the fall foliage of New England !
Yes! I definitely miss the spring and fall in Michigan. Winter, not so much.
I've live there a couple of times at a couple of different ages in my life. It has its pros and cons. My last stint I was there for almost 6 years. I've lived in the South East side and the upper West side. Different vibes for sure. How good or bad it is there is totally dependent on your perspective. I "could" live there. My wife will never live there again. It's a bit boring to me now after living out west. The best part of it use to be how cheap housing is... not so much anymore.
Yes, the cheap housing is what brought me to Fl initially. Your right, those days are gone pretty much everywhere.

Last edited:

Again, can't beat the weather in winter. Summers are unbearable, humidity hits you like a brick wall. Spent first 40 years in Michigan, so know about cold winters. Personally, looking hard at North Carolina mountains for retirement...always a greener pasture, or so it seems. ;)
NC mountains..hard to beat. I live in the mountains of SWVA and visit there all the time.

Florida seems to have some of the best RC speed run roads.
I have only been through the northern part of Florida on my way to Georgia, but it was hands down the best roads I have seen.
Funny you say that...upon moving here from Michigan, I immediately noticed the great condition of the roads, no potholes that would swallow a smart car due to all the salt on the roads and spring frost coming out of the ground. Relatively flat land also. Also all the older cars still roadworthy. No salt eating up the bodies.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back