Flysky FS-G7P Customer Support

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Couch_Bro

Reaction score
Hi, I was recently in the market for a new transmitter and decided to go with the FS-G7P over the radiolink RC6G mostly because of looks and reviews stating the UI was better on the flysky.

After a couple weeks of minimal use, the internal stop on the steering knob on the flysky broke, and since November I have been going back-and-forth with the seller and the manufacture trying to resolve the issue.

The solution was going to be for them to mail me a replacement part, and I would then be responsible for installing it. This was not ideal, but I was willing to give it a try, since I had no working replacement at the time. It’s been over 5 months now and I still haven’t received anything from either the seller or FLYSKY.

I was told multiple times that a replacement part was in the mail by the seller until they just stopped responding.

The manufacture was responsive but kept asking for additional information. Once I had given them everything they requested, they stopped returning my emails. This was after sending them, multiple pictures and videos, explanations, and proof of purchase.

I understand this is not an expensive product, but it was clearly defective and should have been replaced without much trouble. Anytime I’ve run into this kind of issue with any other product, getting a replacement is usually not an issue. Especially when it failed and under a month.

I just thought I would share my experience in case anyone else was considering this product. It was also very cheaply made so I’m not surprised it didn’t last.

I’ve since purchased the radiolink transmitter, and it is a much better option. The difference in build quality and performance is well worth the $20 difference in price. In person, it looks good and the user interface while not as smooth as the FS is not a deal breaker. Once it’s set up, it is a far better product and it also has a Gyro built-in and the receiver can monitor up to 8s voltage where the FS would only go up to 6s. The external gyro I used with the FS radio reduced the turning radius to the point where it was unusable so having it integrated is the way to go IMO.

That’s my rant. Hopefully this can save someone else the headache of dealing with this company.

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with that radio system. I'm glad you shared them here so others might not make the same mistake.

I own both a FlySky GT5 and a Radiolink RC6GS V2, and I haven't had issues with either of them. I bought the GT5 for my crawlers, and I bought the RC6GS for my bashers due to the longer range of the RC6GS. I prefer the interface and controls on the Radiolink: the knobs for channels 5 and 6 on the GT5 were awkward to use for my TRX-4, while the switches for channels 5 and 6 on the RC6GS suit my needs better.

Hi, I was recently in the market for a new transmitter and decided to go with the FS-G7P over the radiolink RC6G mostly because of looks and reviews stating the UI was better on the flysky.

After a couple weeks of minimal use, the internal stop on the steering knob on the flysky broke, and since November I have been going back-and-forth with the seller and the manufacture trying to resolve the issue.

The solution was going to be for them to mail me a replacement part, and I would then be responsible for installing it. This was not ideal, but I was willing to give it a try, since I had no working replacement at the time. It’s been over 5 months now and I still haven’t received anything from either the seller or FLYSKY.

I was told multiple times that a replacement part was in the mail by the seller until they just stopped responding.

The manufacture was responsive but kept asking for additional information. Once I had given them everything they requested, they stopped returning my emails. This was after sending them, multiple pictures and videos, explanations, and proof of purchase.

I understand this is not an expensive product, but it was clearly defective and should have been replaced without much trouble. Anytime I’ve run into this kind of issue with any other product, getting a replacement is usually not an issue. Especially when it failed and under a month.

I just thought I would share my experience in case anyone else was considering this product. It was also very cheaply made so I’m not surprised it didn’t last.

I’ve since purchased the radiolink transmitter, and it is a much better option. The difference in build quality and performance is well worth the $20 difference in price. In person, it looks good and the user interface while not as smooth as the FS is not a deal breaker. Once it’s set up, it is a far better product and it also has a Gyro built-in and the receiver can monitor up to 8s voltage where the FS would only go up to 6s. The external gyro I used with the FS radio reduced the turning radius to the point where it was unusable so having it integrated is the way to go IMO.

That’s my rant. Hopefully this can save someone else the headache of dealing with this company.

I don't even bother trying to do support/warranty work with companies from China. You end up spending so much time that it is just not worth it.
I have heard some people like to buy through Amazon for the warranty/easier returns, I'm not sure if that is true or not. Probably have to read the fine print.

Sorry you had issues with your flysky..I own two different flysky radios and I've been very happy with mine ..no issues at all. My FS GT3b is now 4 years old works great..and my 1 year old FS GT 5 also works great..buy from eBay or Amazon but use pay pal ..money back guarantee.. regardless of issue..protect your self bud👍 good luck and I hope some china man gets back to ya

I had some troubles with my radio as well, but I bought mine through Amazon - paying probably $10-$15 more for the shipping speed and piece of mind.

I'm on my 3rd radio and it has a minor repair that I performed myself. I am still very happy with the radio though - I also have the RadioLink and I do like this one better if I could only have one (both are excellent though and don't need range for speed runs).

Here's my history:
Radio 1: Works but AA batteries do not touch the connections in the battery case. I put little washers behind the metal contacts in the case to push them out and force contact to fix it. But it's from Amazon and I don't think that's acceptable as new, so I initiate a replacement anyway.
Radio 2: Same problem. A few reviews online have same issue, but not everywhere. Odd. Tried numerous brands of AA's to be sure. Oh well, I can live with that little detail.
Radio 2 after a couple months: Steering starts getting jittery on all vehicles... steering pot is failing. Out of the initial exchange window, but Amazon allowed me to do a full return, and just re-buy another one. I can't remember the exact details, but it wasn't a hassle.
Radio 3: Same AA battery problem. Came with a foam wheel! Everything works.
Radio 3 few months later: Return spring on steering wheel broke so doesn't recenter. Amazon vendor would handle warranty but it would have to ship back to china. I asked it they could just send me the springs and I could install them, and they did in reasonable time frame and weren't hard to deal with. Not an ideal scenario though.

Been working OK for 6 months or so now. Fingers crossed.

I still think it's a great radio... mixers, servo speed control, perfectly place immediate switch for ebrakes, excellent 4WS options + manual 4WS with mixers. Hard to say if I've just been somewhat unlucky, or they have more quality issues than other radios.

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with that radio system. I'm glad you shared them here so others might not make the same mistake.

I own both a FlySky GT5 and a Radiolink RC6GS V2, and I haven't had issues with either of them. I bought the GT5 for my crawlers, and I bought the RC6GS for my bashers due to the longer range of the RC6GS. I prefer the interface and controls on the Radiolink: the knobs for channels 5 and 6 on the GT5 were awkward to use for my TRX-4, while the switches for channels 5 and 6 on the RC6GS suit my needs better.
I may have just received a faulty transmitter because I haven’t heard of anyone else with the same issue but the bigger problem was the customer support. I can’t say radiolink’s will be any better but I’ve had some really good experiences with RC part manufactures when it comes to standing behind their products.

Horizon Hobby has helped me with an issue no questions asked. More recently, the eBay seller yowoohrb warranted a lipo that had an internal connection break after about 5 months and sent a brand new pack out without any hassle. I would have shipped it out or provided any necessary proof of the problem but they didn’t require it.

As for the RC6GS, I do prefer the layout of the buttons and it has a higher quality feel to it although it is still nearly 100% plastic. The only thing I could do without would be the toggle switches as they get in the way sometimes but I don’t have anything assigned to them so I may end up removing them. Im sure they are useful for some applications though. Oh yeah and it’s probably a little larger than it needs to be but beyond that, I’m happy with it.

Thanks for your response. CB

Horizon Hobby has helped me with an issue no questions asked. More recently, the eBay seller yowoohrb warranted a lipo that had an internal connection break after about 5 months and sent a brand new pack out without any hassle. I would have shipped it out or provided any necessary proof of the problem but they didn’t require it.
Thanks for your response. CB
Where did you buy it? If you’re buying it off one of the Chinese sites directly or via eBay and expect to see the service you get from horizon, you may be being a bit optimistic. I’m Not defending that, just being realistic.

I don't even bother trying to do support/warranty work with companies from China. You end up spending so much time that it is just not worth it.
I have heard some people like to buy through Amazon for the warranty/easier returns, I'm not sure if that is true or not. Probably have to read the fine print.
I purchased it through eBay and could’ve returned it if I acted right away but the seller strung me along for so long, it’s too late now. Almost like they knew what they were doing.

Either way, I guess that’s part of the deal when you buy cheap Chinese stuff. You pay 1/3 of price but don’t expect them to honor their warranty
Where did you buy it? If you’re buying it off one of the Chinese sites directly or via eBay and expect to see the service you get from horizon, you may be being a bit optimistic. I’m Not defending that, just being realistic.
I understand that but I have received good service through eBay sellers. I’m not expecting them to overnight a new radio to me but this situation was over the top bad with the amount of requests from flysky only to stop responding to me and for the seller stalling for months telling me the replacement part was ordered and in the mail…only to stop responding to me.

Had they told me to kick bricks in the beginning, I’d have probably moved on but I have more time into emailing back and forth and checking my mailbox than the thing was even worth. Now it’s personal haha

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back