Forum demographics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a feeling that half of the people here are 50 y/o who drink a lot of beer and are almost retiring,
¼ are 30 y/o who need a distraction from work, and
¼ are teens who shouldn't have an expensive hobby like this (me)
I have a feeling that half of the people here are 50 y/o who drink a lot of beer and are almost retiring,
¼ are 30 y/o who need a distraction from work, and
¼ are teens who shouldn't have an expensive hobby like this (me)
I was into cycling since a very young lad. Rode and raced mountain bikes and track bikes (in the Santa Cruze Mnts and at the Hellyer park Velodrome) until I broke myself bad like in my early 40s (fused c2-7 and bad nerve damage).
Now I’m 51 (moderate beer drinker) and found this as a great way to decompress and satisfy dirt and wrenching needs. My wife and step daughter (and dog) enjoy as well so it’s great.

mid 30s, 2 kids, and traded my sporty sedan for a minivan. My 4runner which was intended for off-roading is now a curb queen and doesn't move. I have since given up my 1:1 due to no time and even less money and got my "speed" and "offroading" via RC. I do drink some Old Grandad bourbon though... I stay classy.

My only social media is LinkedIn because my secrets would likely come full circle to bite me in the butt if I stayed on IG and FB.

40 yr old here-
I bought my 15yo son a Kraton 6s for christmas. I was never into the ground RC hobby and had no idea what i was getting into. That said, i ended up buying a second Kraton (for myself) and a voltage for my youngest son. I made it very clear to both of them from the beginning that i would supply the cars, a few batteries, and the tools we need to work on everything. THEY are responsible for paying for parts if they destroy things.

20.5 years of age. In my third year of college. Aftermarket parts are the most expensive of all. Might run EXB rigs with stock electronics from now on. Can't afford to M2C all of my rigs like I'm doing with my Kraton. Then again, the Kraton will be my only basher. Mojave, Infraction, and Typhon probably won't need any strength upgrades. Maybe carbon fiber stuff.

I needed a hobby as I'm bored with my PC and the only thing I have left to do to my 1:1 is a leveling kit or maybe some more lights. My motorcycle is tricked out as much as I want already.

My way of thinking right now is: I have money now, but when I'll be studying, I won't have a lot anymore. So I must spend and have fun with it now.
Back when I lived in the US, I had a friend who was saving up for collage. In 1st grade. I don't want to live like that

Lol all the cool kids use reddit
I'd say the real cool kids use Arrma Forum ;)
My way of thinking right now is: I have money now, but when I'll be studying, I won't have a lot anymore. So I must spend and have fun with it now.
Back when I lived in the US, I had a friend who was saving up for collage. In 1st grade. I don't want to live like that
Think about it this way, since you're going to spend the same amount of money anyways, you can spend some now and save the rest for later on, so if you do lack funds in the future, you wouldn't be as hard pressed compared to if you didn't save any at all. I'm saving up now, so I won't have to resort to selling my RCs in the future. Just my opinion, though.

I am in my late 30's not wanting to do work while at work.
I also fall into that "shouldn't have an expensive hobby like this" category :ROFLMAO:
I used to be in my late 30's once...I think that was about 20 years ago! :ROFLMAO:

Good thread....

49, don't drink, no drugs...work hard as IT director and covid keep me from normal work travel around the US for a year plus now. RCs gave me something to spend my money on I never buy anything (still driving a 2004 250k miles car) and always said I will find this childhood love I never afford as a youth.

Feb 2020 the Infraction was my first and now have over 14 RC (5 custom up), with 3 being custom built and 2 on Amain backorder...

Year, I blew some money...years I never spent ANY of it so it's owed to me 🤣

I say this humbly I am aware during and still with covid many have/are suffering to survive so I mean no disrespect to those who had it worse off...

43, don't drink. Drugs, yes please (well some of 'em). I have a 5 year old and an 8 year old who both love rc because I am into it. My parents bought me a tamiya boomerang when I was a little kid. Been into it ever since.
Learned how to fix those, and graduated to fixing real cars, now I have a mini fleet of late 80s and early 90s german cars and a land cruiser. I also do a lot of audio repairing and building my own stuff.
I fund it all with a job in financial services. Fin-tech if you will. If you are located in Utah I am hiring for two positions right now...
IMG_20210322_134830.jpg

43, don't drink. Drugs, yes please (well some of 'em). I have a 5 year old and an 8 year old who both love rc because I am into it. My parents bought me a tamiya boomerang when I was a little kid. Been into it ever since.
Learned how to fix those, and graduated to fixing real cars, now I have a mini fleet of late 80s and early 90s german cars and a land cruiser. I also do a lot of audio repairing and building my own stuff.
I fund it all with a job in financial services. Fin-tech if you will. If you are located in Utah I am hiring for two positions right now...
Many people seem to love old Mercedeses, Porsches and BMW's, because of their reliability compared to the new ones

Reliability, and driving dynamics. The older porsches and bmws are fantastic analog feeling responsive, great cars. I've got a 95 540i 6speed manual. 4.0l v8 engine. A 91 325i convertible, manual 5spd, and an 89 944 Turbo.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back