Any Mopar guys on this forum?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are the real mopars. Folks say if only they knew what these cars would be worth today but in reality if everyone thought that and kept them all around in pristine condition they wouldn't be worth near as much today..

The sad reality is that they won't be worth near as much in the coming years...
All the generation's that seek them out are getting older and slowly disappearing. Once everyone who actually cares about these old cars are gone these new generations of younger won't have near the interest. The values will drop. Mark my words.

To this day I still want a white challenger. Even if I ever get a new one it will have to be white...
The deal with the Second gen. Chargers, 68-70, was that The Dukes of Hazzard film crew wrecked a good portion of them out in the wild. The 69 split grill Charger , was the shows prop.. But 68-70 were bought for parts as well from all over the country and scooped up. So they became very hard to find. If you buy a legit/subframe and vin, wrecked and all, you can build one if you have the coin. The panels and all were reproduced as of late. More parts are available today than when I owned my '69. Some Restos are getting well over 6 figures at Mecum Auction. Only because they are rare. Not many Legit Vins left. Most were scrapped for metal by the film crew of the Dukes.... when the series ended. I think there was one or two that survived by the Show. The non driving one for background filming in pristine condition was probably floating around , kept then sold off. These were half unibody and sub frames, so these totaled out easily when wrecked. Just about every episode they totaled out another Charger. What made the show popular. Real hard driving. The show was kind of corny if you ask me. The car made the show.

Last edited:
@Bustedaw11, what you want is the "Vanishing Point" one. Cream White Challenger with the 440 Magnum motor. A great cult movie at the time. Was considered a dud movie by most, but years later made more $$ than when released.
Depending on who you ask, that Challenger was a '70 or '71. Much speculation on that. The vin and car was long gone. Many imposters out there, claiming to be the one.

Last edited:
@Bustedaw11, what you want is the "Vanishing Point" one. Cream White Challenger with the 440 Magnum motor. A great cult movie at the time. Was considered a dud movie by most, but years later made more $$ than when released.
Depending on who you ask, that Challenger was a '70 or '71. Much speculation on that. The vin and car was long gone. Many imposters out there, claiming to be the one.

That's the one I grew up watching with the old man and why I'd want a white challenger.
Random fact. When they smashed the challenger in the film if you watch it in slow motion it was actually a 67 camaro they wrecked😉
Even being a bit younger I grew up watching those types of movies.
Gone in 60 seconds, bullitt, the car, cannonball run, the Italian job etc. All the older original car flicks.

Every guy is a Motard when a General Lee drives by!!!! 🤤😍🤣

1702988565616.gif

Back in the 70's during the gas embargo and alternate day fuel fillups gas was rationed and doubled in price. I was like 18 and went out with friends and my Charger scoping girls. We all ran out of gas money. Tank was on E and we were like 12 miles from my home. It was a snowy night around midnight. I parked in a shopping center and whipped out my M. Benze electric fuel pump with long hoses powered by my car battery, and pumped gas from another cars tank parked directly into my tank. Took about 20 min to get a 1/4 tank. We were also smoking poop , in the car, windows up chilling with the heat on. Then a car with Plain clothes detectives pulled up and asked what we were doing there. They saw the hoses from my tank to the other car. I was honest and said we were stranded there no gas. The cops made me reverse the hoses and pump some gas back to the other car for a few min. Then told me to leave ASAP or be arrested they were actually very cool about that in retrospect. One guy was so blown away about my electric pump all rigged up. Asking me all about how I designed that. I gave him the Geek explanation and said I was sorry. That we all had no more money for gas being expensive and all. They also loved my Charger. I always remembered that later in Life when I became an officer. I remember swapping plates with my dads car so I could fuel up on Odd or Even days, whenever. I fueled up my Dads car as well that way.

Last edited:
I stumbled onto some Marketting Company Photo shoot for the last years production of the Dodge Viper. A roped off deserted street. I couldn't get too close. They were anal about that. With the NYC Skyline at dusk/ sunset in the background. And there was a guy with a racing suit actor with the car, and some Hotties nearby. With film lighting and all. I stopped to ask questions between shoots and I got so much info on it, before it was even published. Should have taken pictures. It had a lot of CF in it's last year of production. Supposedly a Vette killer at the time. Turned out it was the last year for its production. I always liked the Viper too of all the late Retro looking Dodges to come.

When I think of Mopar, I think of old school muscle. I have a 97 Viper, it is a Dodge so it is a Mopar, but like I said not really what I think of when I hear Mopar.
Man I wanted a 97 GTS soooooo bad in 1997 I was driving a 93 ford Taurus SHO at the time I’d love to have one of those today in mint condition.

Love the Durango! If I break down and get a 3rd row it's between a Durango like yours and a mini-suburban (tahoe/Yukon).
What parts of Illinois you from? If I were to guess I'd say up north. Think I'm the only 1 that lives in the cornfields of the mid 🤣

This is my dd. 4.7 02 dakota. 106k. I've never washed it so if you spot that it's dirty, give it a break🤣

View attachment 337743
I used to have a 98 that was identical to that. Bought it new with a manual trans. Great truck.

When I think of Mopar, I think of old school muscle. I have a 97 Viper, it is a Dodge so it is a Mopar, but like I said not really what I think of when I hear Mopar.
It is to me. It's a V10 Magnum engine. Same Magnum I have (2 less cylinders and way more power!). Hell the wheels are a direct fit to a Durango and Dakota (I believe they need spacers to fit)

Back in the 70's during the gas embargo and alternate day fuel fillups gas was rationed and doubled in price. I was like 18 and went out with friends and my Charger scoping girls. We all ran out of gas money. Tank was on E and we were like 12 miles from my home. It was a snowy night around midnight. I parked in a shopping center and whipped out my M. Benze electric fuel pump with long hoses powered by my car battery, and pumped gas from another cars tank parked directly into my tank. Took about 20 min to get a 1/4 tank. We were also smoking poop , in the car, windows up chilling with the heat on. Then a car with Plain clothes detectives pulled up and asked what we were doing there. They saw the hoses from my tank to the other car. I was honest and said we were stranded there no gas. The cops made me reverse the hoses and pump some gas back to the other car for a few min. Then told me to leave ASAP or be arrested they were actually very cool about that in retrospect. One guy was so blown away about my electric pump all rigged up. Asking me all about how I designed that. I gave him the Geek explanation and said I was sorry. That we all had no more money for gas being expensive and all. They also loved my Charger. I always remembered that later in Life when I became an officer. I remember swapping plates with my dads car so I could fuel up on Odd or Even days, whenever. I fueled up my Dads car as well that way.

Somewhere I have pics of my dad's 68 cougar. In the trunk you will see a high flow electric fuel pump with 1 going to the tank and the other being like 10ft long coiled up loose...... he used to do the exact same thing when he was young! I've never heard another person share a similar setup/story!
I'll have to try and find those pics!

I e
These are the real mopars. Folks say if only they knew what these cars would be worth today but in reality if everyone thought that and kept them all around in pristine condition they wouldn't be worth near as much today..

The sad reality is that they won't be worth near as much in the coming years...
All the generation's that seek them out are getting older and slowly disappearing. Once everyone who actually cares about these old cars are gone these new generations of younger won't have near the interest. The values will drop. Mark my words.

To this day I still want a white challenger. Even if I ever get a new one it will have to be white...

I even had the identical American Racing "Vector" wheels, that the Dukes used. I had called around to ask which exact wheel and size tires the Show used. I put a removable Orange "01" on the doors., and used to wear a Stetson cowboy hat sometimes as a goof. The whole neighborhood knew who I was. Girls loved the car it was a magnet. Got stopped by the police a lot. Had vanity plates with my 3 SRC initials. I laugh at myself when I was a kid now. Crap we did as kids. I had tons of Old school photos from all my travels including some of the nicest Miami hotels with my girlies. I drove all over the eastern seaboard with my Charger. I lost all of the photos in a fire when in college.:( Lost all my Albums. I have vivid memories of some those pix embedded in my head.:cry: For all I know, it was scooped up and wrecked in the Dukes years back or may still be owned somewhere. It was always garage kept and in pristine condition . OE paint and all, when I sold it, being 13 yo at that point. In my 30's I even tried to find the cars current owner, if still around. Having the Vin and old registration for it. No luck. I searched the NCIC database across the country for it. I was on the job at the time. I would have bought it back if the price was right or even if it was a basket case. I still kept the window sticker and receipt and manuals. I even took out the Factory Broadcast production order sheet from under the rear seat to preserve it. The kid who bought it and towed it away never came back for all the paper work or anything. That was dumb of him. IMHO. I even had some spare parts, another Steering wheel, the original AM radio etc., that I eventually all tossed. I bet the kid probably painted it Orange and ruined it all. Such A Dukes buff . He was like 18 yo. His first car. He bought it for Book value with a blown tranny. Left notes on my Charger for years when at college. My glove box was filled with his notes. Yet I never met the kid ever, until I called him a few years later to sell it. My dad would laugh and always told me to get rid of it. He regreted that some years later. But I needed a dependable modern car for college. I really had a hard time getting parts for it. It was becoming a money pit at 140k miles. The car was truly made like crap, TBH. Now all the parts have been reproduced. Had easily. In the condition I sold it would probably be worth $50k-$100k today. I watch them come across the block at Mecum. Original owner with all original papers documented. Window sticker and all.

Edited.
Sorry for the long posts.

Last edited:
Man I wanted a 97 GTS soooooo bad in 1997 I was driving a 93 ford Taurus SHO at the time I’d love to have one of those today in mint condition.
Literally the only thing that got me through college. I used to buy the old DuPont Registry magazines and stare at them. My dream was always to have a blue/white GTS, I was fortunate to grab one.

I own a 2018 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7 Hemi Blacktop edition. Destroyer Grey. Shorty headers. Blackwidow mufflers, 3" diameter SS 30"- long merge X pipe, rear lowering springs w/ a 3.09 LSD Mopar SRT rear diff w/ diff brace & BMR rear control arms. It moves on pretty well & I love the ride. Bought her brand new.

20230806_105121.jpg

I own a 2018 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7 Hemi Blacktop edition. Destroyer Grey. Shorty headers. Blackwidow mufflers, 3" diameter SS 30"- long merge X pipe, rear lowering springs w/ a 3.09 LSD Mopar SRT rear diff w/ diff brace & BMR rear control arms. It moves on pretty well & I love the ride. Bought her brand new.

View attachment 338042
Thank goodness you're not one of those idiots that keeps the splitter guards on. We might have to kick you off the forum if you do🤣

Thank goodness you're not one of those idiots that keeps the splitter guards on. We might have to kick you off the forum if you do🤣
Hehe I would expect that too! But it didn't even come w one from factory or if it did it wasn't on when I bought it. But I agree that's lame! And I don't film doing circles like those idiots either cauz I don't do them lol

View attachment 338042

Just don't drop a valve seat in that 5.7.. theyre notorious for it.. ask me how I know 🤣

20200106_091915.jpg

20200106_092021.jpg

20200106_091905.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back