Forum demographics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Calm down lol. Yes a lot of parents do buy their kids rigs and they don't work for them. You might(but you have posted your parents have bought for you before) but most kids their parents buy for them sorry but that's fact.
Often it's a dad/son connecting/shared hobby. Dad buys a rig for himself, then after a while gives it to his son and can upgrade himself.

My dad and I split the cost of new rigs since he is also into rc and I don't have a steady source of income. (13 yrs old) We have an agreement that whoever breaks a car buys the parts to fix it. I do know what you're getting at, I've seen a lot of kids with the vxl 2wd TRX stuff that their parents buy for them that they never use again. I kind of like buying my own stuff and dealing with finances etc.

Calm down lol. Yes a lot of parents do buy their kids rigs and they don't work for them. You might(but you have posted your parents have bought for you before) but most kids their parents buy for them sorry but that's fact.
Well yes, my parents have bought me maybe 20-50 dollars worth of stuff because they have a credit card and I don't. I only have a debit card but I just got that now. I always have to pay them back anyway.

59 and don't drink. RC restores my childhood. It's just like fishing, when the excitement is gone I'm done and I don't see that happening anytime soon. ;)

Ya, I don't think any of our parents are interested in spending their money unless you're a spoiled brat🤦‍♂️ Some of us actually have to do something like working under the table.
I am not a spoiled brat! I may be spoiled, but mommy and daddy raised a gentleman 😄

Last edited:
I'm amazed that anyone under 21 can afford this hobby! I'm 35 with a well-paying job and I have a hard time stomaching my CC statement based on RC purchases and I only have 1 1/2 cars!
Get a job at 14, get your dad to pay for an RC, promise to buy parts yourself (I actually do that), save up enough to buy 3 6S ARRMAs by working your *** off, wait one year to buy a notorious because they're €200 cheaper in the US

Me with my 4 jobs... still broke
Well that's your fault 😄.

Do you live alone or something?
Never called you one. I just said if you break parts and beg your parents to buy you things, then IMO you are.
Hey hey, I was trying to be funny!

I have a feeling that CameronCodes would do this if he could afford a Corvette

When the op said “here” I’m taking that as those on this forum. Most of us are old here because we don’t use Facebook, Instagram or whatever but can manage getting on the internet...on social media I bet it flips. Mostly young guys with a few savvy old geezers...oh I forgot and maybe like 3 girls...

When the op said “here” I’m taking that as those on this forum. Most of us are old here because we don’t use Facebook, Instagram or whatever but can manage getting on the internet...
I thought all the old people use Facebook. Nobody at my age does anymore anyway, while everybody's moms and dads do.

I don't use any social media except for WhatsApp and Discord, if you can even call that social media

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back