Senton Found broken part

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CherrieNL

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Infraction 4x4
Hello my fellow ArrmaFans,

Today i was re arranging my RC cars and i picked up my Senton. When i picked it up a part fell off and i cant seem to find where it comes from. Hope you can help me out. I took some pictures of the part so hopefully you can help me out and ID the part.
IMG_8583 2.jpeg
IMG_8584 2.jpeg

Trick is to get it back on easily. 😉

Last edited:
I’ll add that this is important to fix before using the car. You’ll be heading to the hospital if your hand touches the exposed pos/neg terminals.

I made that mistake once (with pliers, not my hand thankfully). That little 2S battery melted the steel on my pliers in less than a second.

IC5 Connector Cap, check the plug on the ESC :cool:
Yeah those IC5 Smart connectors simply suck. Its a thing with them.
You can try and CA it back on. Just looks broken beyond use.
I would place some Liquid electrical Tape over the exposed Solder joints if you can't reuse that cover. A new cover will just require undoing the soldered leads first. So the cover can slide over the leads first. Heatshrink wrap is also fine as well. So specific Covers aren't mandatory. U Can't just buy the covers. Covers come only with a new connector. Still need to unsolder the leads first no matter how you slice it, short of using a liberal amount of Liquid electrical tap over the exposed solder joints. Ok to do.
FWIW, I always CA my XT90 Covers as well, after I solder on the mains leads.

>>> @CherrieNL , perhaps the best thing for you is to buy a new complete connector with new cover.
If you are not equipped to solder one, just use Liquid Elec. tape. Your call.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the quick replies! Here a recap of my day ;)

Checked out the car and bingo found out that it was the EC-5 connector on the car. Make a photo of it for reference. How this happend i really don't know...

IMG_8595.jpeg

Whent to my local hobbyshop and the solderd on a new EC-5 connector. Guy said that the plug of my Spektrum smart battery gold thingy was in the way. And he took care of it. Thought nothing of it and whent bashing with the car. All fun and games.

IMG_8611.jpg

And then i lost three Proline secure caps... that was really a bummer.... car was going slown so i was like huh? checked the receiver was on 50% throttle hahaha.

IMG_8610.jpeg

Kept thinking why don't i see any SMART battery status on my reciever. Looked at the battery and gold center thingy was gone. So i tried google it but couldnt find it. Almost had a .... moment connected the battery to my Infraction and also no battery status. Thought to myself did he at the hobbystore cut it of?

Whent home and told my wife that they cut off the gold part and she was like that cant be... they don't just cut of parts of your battery. Plugged in the battery to my charger and didnt do anything so my heart dropped... Then i looked again and the gold thingy was pushed down i pushed it up. And plugged it in my SMART charger and started charging! It was at 0% so maybe that why it didnt show up on the receiver. Checked the battery guide and also found out the batteries will auto discharger after 72 hours not in use. Rollercoaster of emotions haha just bought the charger and battery with a winter sale for 140 euros so was like well hopefully it aint broke.

IMG_8625.jpeg

Went bashing today blew out a tire haha.

😆 ripped it a little hard did we!?

Trimming the wheel wells on the body and watching out for "diffing out" helps alot. Also having the diffs full 👍

Went to the dunes today and it just blew up.. caught it on tape will post it on the Media page.

It happens, usually its on acceleration and a turn. When it balloons it hits the body and tears it up. Sometime the glue breaks free as well (best to check them every couple runs.

Us Senton 3S owners are use to this, bought a 4 pack to have spares and glad I did, after trimming the body, making sure the diff's were full, and just watching the throttle I don't have much trouble anymore.

If you plan on street running the stock tire, it will only last about a pack and a half by the way, best to get some real street tires :cool:. My buddy turned his brand new stock set into racing slicks about halfway through the second pack doing some street bashing :LOL:. Yea... he still beat me!

It happens, usually its on acceleration and a turn. When it balloons it hits the body and tears it up. Sometime the glue breaks free as well (best to check them every couple runs.

Us Senton 3S owners are use to this, bought a 4 pack to have spares and glad I did, after trimming the body, making sure the diff's were full, and just watching the throttle I don't have much trouble anymore.

If you plan on street running the stock tire, it will only last about a pack and a half by the way, best to get some real street tires :cool:. My buddy turned his brand new stock set into racing slicks about halfway through the second pack doing some street bashing :LOL:. Yea... he still beat me!

Cant seem to upload a video file to the forum. So took some screengrabs from it. Went in straight line think i hit something in the sand and tire said bye bye. Almost went into rocket modus but landed back on its 3,5 wheels. I do have the Scorced RC fenders installed.

Have got a seperate set of Infraction 3s tires but the wheel diameter is to small for the Senton. It hits the chamberlinks. Will check out the Louise tires.

boom1.png
boom2.png
boom3.png
boom4.png
boom5.png

Cant seem to upload a video file to the forum. So took some screengrabs from it. Went in straight line think i hit something in the sand and tire said bye bye. Almost went into rocket modus but landed back on its 3,5 wheels. I do have the Scorced RC fenders installed.

Have got a seperate set of Infraction 3s tires but the wheel diameter is to small for the Senton. It hits the chamberlinks. Will check out the Louise tires.

View attachment 337297View attachment 337298View attachment 337299View attachment 337300View attachment 337301
You have to upload to Youtube and post a link here. Looks like an epic bash session right there! Senton 3S so much fun!

You have to upload to Youtube and post a link here. Looks like an epic bash session right there! Senton 3S so much fun!

Check will have to make a account/channel then. Yeah was really fun, Senton is cool car for sure. Lost a other proline secure cap so that was only bummer.

Just ordered set of new tires.

IMG_8649.jpeg

New tires came in today.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back