FPV cams are in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been running them since last year ;)

The only issue is if you're driving on the streets or where there is any traffic there is no peripheral vision. What I need is a cam that follows head movements so you can look around while driving...

Can get a good can and headset cheap, I paid less than $150 for the setup I use, here's what I play with:

Camera:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01EYS49ZU?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
Headset:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01GE3LXDO?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

With a dumbo remote you’ll have a spycar that can go around the block.?
Got two and that's the plan :ROFLMAO:
Been running them since last year ;)

The only issue is if you're driving on the streets or where there is any traffic there is no peripheral vision. What I need is a cam that follows head movements so you can look around while driving...

Can get a good can and headset cheap, I paid less than $150 for the setup I use, here's what I play with:

Camera:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01EYS49ZU?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
Headset:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01GE3LXDO?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image
I bought a cheap headset from ebay I got that in the mail last week, the cams are out for delivery and the becs are still floating around in parcel land. Slowly but surely.

I bought a cheap headset from ebay I got that in the mail last week, the cams are out for delivery and the becs are still floating around in parcel land. Slowly but surely.
You shouldn't need a Bec to power the camera, it will run off the receiver power. Mine came with a futaba j connector already installed and that's all I've ever run it on. Have a Y connector to share power with the can and lights ;)

You shouldn't need a Bec to power the camera, it will run off the receiver power. Mine came with a futaba j connector already installed and that's all I've ever run it on. Have a Y connector to share power with the can and lights ;)
Cameras are 5v and receivers are 8.4 or 7.4. yes you need a Bec.

I would need some Dramamine and a barf bag ?
I am right there with you man. While those FPV are really something to watch and a lot of those pilots are pretty talented - I can hardly watch them without getting sick. I could only imagine what it would be with the goggles on my head.

I am right there with you man. While those FPV are really something to watch and a lot of those pilots are pretty talented - I can hardly watch them without getting sick. I could only imagine what it would be with the goggles on my head.
I can't even watch the YouTube videos where guys mount cameras on their trucks. I have to turn away before I hurl ?

Cameras are 5v and receivers are 8.4 or 7.4. yes you need a Bec.
What kind of receiver are you running?! Regardless, it should work with your receiver, been using with mine since day one, use a Flysky gtb3 radio and it's receiver puts out up to 6.5 volts. Also used it with the garbage spectrum receiver without issue as well. Never heard of a receiver that puts out 8+ volts of power but doesn't have a way to control that output...

EDIT: if I remember correctly, your receiver should auto switch it's power output of it doesn't have a selector. That said, you can use the bond port that usually floats around 5v no matter what the other channels are running..

What kind of receiver are you running?! Regardless, it should work with your receiver, been using with mine since day one, use a Flysky gtb3 radio so whatever comes with that. Also used it with the garbage spectrum receiver without issue as well. Never heard of a receiver that puts out 8+ volts of power but doesn't have a way to control that output...
I'm going to run a bec. The receiver puts out too much voltage for the camera. I need 5 volt. I don't like the idea of putting more strain on the receiver for no reason, and I don't like the idea of runing higher then the rated 5v for the camera.

I can't even watch the YouTube videos where guys mount cameras on their trucks. I have to turn away before I hurl ?
I want an FPV system with a 360 degree camera, to be able to see the whole car while driving...it looks epic in the videos I've seen ;)

I'm going to run a bec. The receiver puts out too much voltage for the camera. I need 5 volt. I don't like the idea of putting more strain on the receiver for no reason, and I don't like the idea of runing higher then the rated 5v for the camera.
What kind of camera you got and receiver? None of what you're saying makes sense, the cameras designed for fpv are designed to work with receiver voltages... I've been running like that at 6.5 volts for a year now...

I want an FPV system with a 360 degree camera, to be able to see the whole car while driving...it looks epic in the videos I've seen ;)

What kind of camera you got and receiver? None of what you're saying makes sense, the cameras designed for fpv are designed to work with receiver voltages... I've been running like that at 6.5 volts for a year now...
No offence I know what I'm doing and I know what I want out of my setup. I'm going to say this the last time I'm running a bec. You do you and run off your receiver I don't want to. Thanks.

No offence I know what I'm doing and I know what I want out of my setup. I'm going to say this the last time I'm running a bec. You do you and run off your receiver I don't want to. Thanks.
Okay, my bad dude, trying to be helpful. I was just concerned for a camera that can only handle 5v external power (even mine is 5v internal) and more parts equals more opportunity for breakage. Been running FPV for a while now so figured you might want to hear my experience ;)

Okay, my bad dude, trying to be helpful. I was just concerned for a camera that can only handle 5v external power (even mine is 5v internal) and more parts equals more opportunity for breakage. Been running FPV for a while now so figured you might want to hear my experience ;)
The cam I'm using is 3.6-5.5v max. I'm already at the higher end of what the cam can take by using 5v bec. Running off the receiver will cook it.

Huh, okie doke then...
Package Included:
1 X EF-02 AIO FPV Camera
1 X Cable

Feature:
AIO FPV camera, transmitter , atnenna all 3 functions in one limit size and weight
150 ° FOV horizontal viewing angle of 170 ° DFOV diagonal perspective
Five bands 40 channels with Raceband
NTSC/PAL Selectable
Item name EF-02 AIO FPV Camera
FPV Camera Sensor: 1/3 "CMOS
Lens: M7 800TVL Lens
Angle: 150 ° FOV horizontal viewing angle of 170 ° DFOV diagonal perspective
Format: NTSC / PAL (switchable)
Power consumption: 380mA @ 3.7V
Power: 3.6-5.5V
Lens Mirror Diameter: 2.1mm IR coated FOV150 (horizontal)
Transmitter Support video format: NTSC / PAL
Output Impedance: 75 Ohm
Output signal strength: 23 ~ 24dBm
Output Power: 25mW
Wireless Channel: 40CH
Operating voltage: 3.6V ~ 5.5V
Current: 100mA
Audio carrier: 6.5MHz

Button function
Short press (Apr. 1 sec or less): Change channels 1-8
Long press (More than 1.5 sec): Change bands A-B-E-F-R
Long + press (More than 3 sec): Change NTSC/PAL system
NTSC or PAL (selectable; Blue LED on= NTSC; Blue LED off=PAL)

The only issue is if you're driving on the streets or where there is any traffic there is no peripheral vision.

So I have a DIY fpv setup on a wltoys car that I cobbled together from parts for fpv drones. I have the cam mounted on a servo that's using a Y cable that shares the signal with the steering servo. This allows the camera to rotate whichever direction my wheels are turning. I used this for FPV realism mostly but I think it solves the peripheral problem.

Here's a DVR vid of me testing it.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back