Infraction Front air dam plates / wheelwell diffusers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

332_RC

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Infraction 4x4
I got a new Infraction 6s yesterday & been going over it & checking everything out. Noticed that front arm dam plates can be added. Any information anyone has with using something like this? Help or hinder? Help protect chassis? Trap dirt, etc? I found this photo as an example.

Screenshot_20240218_084123_eBay.jpg

I got a new Infraction 6s yesterday & been going over it & checking everything out. Noticed that front arm dam plates can be added. Any information anyone has with using something like this? Help or hinder? Help protect chassis? Trap dirt, etc? I found this photo as an example.

View attachment 349290

For Speedruns, it helps reduce the turbulence under the front of the chassis. 💥👍

PS: since it's Brand Spanking New street Basher...
Make sure you find a BIG obstacles-free (No concrete light pylons, parking islands, parking stops, curbs, many parked cars, or little kids/pets) parking lot for your first outing..

It Needs lots of space for you to set her loose! 💪😉

Last edited:
For Speedruns, it helps reduce the turbulence under the front of the chassis. 💥👍

PS: since it's Brand Spanking New street Basher...
Make sure you find a BIG obstacles-free (No concrete light pylons, parking islands, parking stops, curbs, many parked cars, or little kids/pets) parking lot for your first outing..

It Needs lots of space for you to set her loose! 💪😉
Thanks Tex. Yes I've been scoping out some industrial parks lately that I've measured the lots at around 800 feet long total & very wide. Should be enough to let her rip!

I also noticed this rig is heavier than I expected. And also places in chassis for other skid plates but don't want to add any more weight unless it's titanium.

Thanks Tex. Yes I've been scoping out some industrial parks lately that I've measured the lots at around 800 feet long total & very wide. Should be enough to let her rip!

I also noticed this rig is heavier than I expected. And also places in chassis for other skid plates but don't want to add any more weight unless it's titanium.
https://scorchedparts.co.uk/collect...nium-chassis-skid-plates-infraction-limitless
https://scorchedparts.co.uk/collect...-skid-plate-arrma-infraction-limitless-felony
Oh yeah, baby…

View attachment 349290

I like to drift and slide at a nice empty wide lot. I still do not find dams stop much for rocks...It grinds the screw on the dams to the point I could not get the hex wrench in to remove it.

So I found that the aluminum skid plates are far better for me and protects the dams hex from grindin out... regardless the chassis will still be full of small rocks.

1708326767764.png

I like to drift and slide at a nice empty wide lot. I still do not find dams stop much for rocks...It grinds the screw on the dams to the point I could not get the hex wrench in to remove it.

So I found that the aluminum skid plates are far better for me and protects the dams hex from grindin out... regardless the chassis will still be full of small rocks.

View attachment 349562
Yeah, they don't do much in the way of preventing dirt ingress, they're really just to improve the aerodynamics under the car. The wheel arches from Scorched, they do a decent job of keeping some of the refuse out of your car and reduce how much you're cleaing out by a considerable amount.

Thanks guys!

View attachment 349562
Which aluminum plates brand are those?

Yeah, they don't do much in the way of preventing dirt ingress, they're really just to improve the aerodynamics under the car. The wheel arches from Scorched, they do a decent job of keeping some of the refuse out of your car and reduce how much you're cleaing out by a considerable amount.
I checked out Scorched, The arched ones look good. Do they end up wearing thru, grinding on the pavement?

Last edited:
Does anyone on here have the STL file for the wheel well covers like in the first picture if they do, I can print two sets and send you one.

Thanks guys!

I checked out Scorched, The arched ones look good. Do they end up wearing thru, grinding on the pavement?
I assume you're talking about the infills for the front and not the wheel wells/fenders (because unless you're driving your car upside down a lot with no body, the fenders never make contact with the pavement).

These are the infills, just so we're talking about the same bit.
1708342167375.png

I never had issues with them wearing down as they never touched tarmac (I moved from bashing to speed running in relatively short order with my Infraction which doesn't see the sort of wear and tear you do with bashing so take that with a grain of salt). I started with the plastic ones from scorched, then made my own from sheet aluminum. The next set was to be made from carbon fiber but once I started thinking about it, I figured, "Why make infills and not the entire front as a one piece?". So I ended making a two piece variation on the Scorched full length CF chassis that incorporated the infills. First I made a prototype from some Plexiglas I had lying around as a proof of concept that actually looked pretty cool imho but, durability...was not its strong suit. Suffice it to say that testing didn't last very long but I could then proceed with a carbon fiber version. These are those two projects.
1708343155142.jpeg
1708343240971.jpeg

IMG_0972.JPG

Great idea! Nice work! Yes, I was wondering about the wheel well infills wearing down as the Scorched ones have a bulge for the A-arm. I'll be doing street bashing.

Thank you gentlemen /tip of the hat :LOL:
Great idea! Nice work! Yes, I was wondering about the wheel well infills wearing down as the Scorched ones have a bulge for the A-arm. I'll be doing street bashing.
Honestly, there's really no need to get the scorched ones as they're easy to make yourself. Pick up a sheet of polystyrene, polycarbonate, aluminum or whatever material suits your fancy and go to town. An easy way to get a trace of the contour where it bolts to the chassis would be to just lay a piece of blank paper over the area and then lightly skim over it repeatedly with the broad side of a pencil lead (I believe the technique is called hatching?).

You end up with something like this. Cut it out, transfer it onto your work material, grab some shears, Dremel or angle grinder and cut the rest to look something like the shape of the Scorched infills or whatever suits your needs that will allow the wheels to turn as far as you need them to.

I'm sure there are far more elegant ways to do something like this but this part doesn't require any great degree of accuracy as tolerances are pretty much a non-issue with something like this and I'm a big proponent of "as complicated as needed but not as complicated as possible".
IMG_0973.JPG

Thank you gentlemen /tip of the hat :LOL:

Honestly, there's really no need to get the scorched ones as they're easy to make yourself. Pick up a sheet of polystyrene, polycarbonate, aluminum or whatever material suits your fancy and go to town. An easy way to get a trace of the contour where it bolts to the chassis would be to just lay a piece of blank paper over the area and then lightly skim over it repeatedly with the broad side of a pencil lead (I believe the technique is called hatching?).

You end up with something like this. Cut it out, transfer it onto your work material, grab some shears, Dremel or angle grinder and cut the rest to look something like the shape of the Scorched infills or whatever suits your needs that will allow the wheels to turn as far as you need them to.

I'm sure there are far more elegant ways to do something like this but this part doesn't require any great degree of accuracy as tolerances are pretty much a non-issue with something like this and I'm a big proponent of "as complicated as needed but not as complicated as possible".
View attachment 349587
Absolutely! I have several sheets of ABS haircell I use to make rc components out of. I made a front splitter for my 3s Infraction. I could definitely do the same for the 6s & trace out the pockets for the infills or make a cardboard template & make some. Thanks man!

20240110_175114.jpg

20240110_175036.jpg

I assume you're talking about the infills for the front and not the wheel wells/fenders (because unless you're driving your car upside down a lot with no body, the fenders never make contact with the pavement).

These are the infills, just so we're talking about the same bit.
View attachment 349581

I never had issues with them wearing down as they never touched tarmac (I moved from bashing to speed running in relatively short order with my Infraction which doesn't see the sort of wear and tear you do with bashing so take that with a grain of salt). I started with the plastic ones from scorched, then made my own from sheet aluminum. The next set was to be made from carbon fiber but once I started thinking about it, I figured, "Why make infills and not the entire front as a one piece?". So I ended making a two piece variation on the Scorched full length CF chassis that incorporated the infills. First I made a prototype from some Plexiglas I had lying around as a proof of concept that actually looked pretty cool imho but, durability...was not its strong suit. Suffice it to say that testing didn't last very long but I could then proceed with a carbon fiber version. These are those two projects.
View attachment 349583View attachment 349584
View attachment 349582
How did I miss this? Or did I? 🤔 I don’t recall seeing this project. Perhaps I did and those brain cells that processed it are officially MIA? I was considering doing the same for my Lim but I didn’t have enough CF on the sheet so I just used a set of the Scorched infills that I had on hand. Nice work, and certainly much better for aero!

How did I miss this? Or did I? 🤔 I don’t recall seeing this project. Perhaps I did and those brain cells that processed it are officially MIA? I was considering doing the same for my Lim but I didn’t have enough CF on the sheet so I just used a set of the Scorched infills that I had on hand. Nice work, and certainly much better for aero!
Thank bro. I wanted one of those full length CF chassis so bad but I really could justify the the 350€ expenditure as I still have an intact "normal" sized GT chassis that nary has a scratch (I highly recommend picking up some of that cheap, transparent vinyl film at the hardware store that's intended for shower doors and stuff like that and putting a layer over the bottom of the chassis. It may not seem like much in the way of protection but it's more robust than you expect and I think it's done a lot to keep the CF looking as good as new underneath. Replace as needed. Totally worth the $5-10 for a roll of the stuff.

Absolutely! I have several sheets of ABS haircell I use to make rc components out of. I made a front splitter for my 3s Infraction. I could definitely do the same for the 6s & trace out the pockets for the infills or make a cardboard template & make some. Thanks man!

View attachment 349589

View attachment 349590
That's perfect. My pleasure man, glad to be of service. :) (y)

Does anyone on here have the STL file for the wheel well covers like in the first picture if they do, I can print two sets and send you one.
I’m looking for two sets for my infraction and felony. I’m willing to pay any extra shipping. I’d love these

I’m looking for two sets for my infraction and felony. I’m willing to pay any extra shipping. I’d love these
I found a STL. Like that & with fins. Still need?

Last edited:

These! I’d like some myself! I recently ground effect’s package for my Vette/Felony and Infraction because air was getting under the body and on the slightest elevation change it took flight. Twice. lol.

IMG_3435.jpeg

IMG_3434.jpeg

IMG_3431.jpeg

IMG_3432.jpeg

IMG_3392.jpeg

IMG_3393.jpeg

I got them off eBay some years back but cannot find the person who made them. I am not listing them anymore just looked.

Back