Front dogbone popped out? One week old notorious!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lexi

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Hello Guys,

How is this possible? Is this a common problem and how can I prevent this?

Attachments

• 5CFC8444-79CF-4584-9BCD-33CB80561759.jpeg
    5CFC8444-79CF-4584-9BCD-33CB80561759.jpeg
    274.9 KB · Views: 199
Did you do it after a big jump/landing?
What's the other side like? Is there a lot of slop in your driveshafts/dogbones?

Thanks for your help! What do you mean with slop? I am dutch and don’t understand this word?

Thanks for your help! What do you mean with slop? I am dutch and don’t understand this word?
"Slop" in this instance basically means movement. You might say "slack" or "slackness" instead.

Below are two pictures showing the slop/slack or free movement my driveshaft/dogbones used to have.
1.JPG

2.JPG

If they can go too much then you could possibly pop a driveshaft out when your suspension is at maximum travel.

"Slop" in this instance basically means movement. You might say "slack" or "slackness" instead.

Below are two pictures showing the slop/slack or free movement my driveshaft/dogbones used to have.
View attachment 42363

View attachment 42364

If they can go too much then you could possibly pop a driveshaft out when your suspension is at maximum travel.
Thank you that make sense with the added pictures and explanation. Perfect! I check if I can stiften up my springs and thinking of removing the washer do it’s a bit shorter.
Did your pillow balls loosen up? I believe thats what happened to mine and the dog bone kept popping out. Used teflon tape and removed the camber shims...fixed it right up.

Also check the red pillow ball cap screws.
Thank you! I think you are right. I took some pictures before fixing the problem and the ends where not tighten up.
Thank you that make sense with the added pictures and explanation. Perfect! I check if I can stiften up my springs and thinking of removing the washer do it’s a bit shorter.

Thank you! I think you are right. I took some pictures before fixing the problem and the ends where not tighten up.

Attachments

• 25780868-1B2F-4ABE-B266-90AFCC38E60C.jpeg
    25780868-1B2F-4ABE-B266-90AFCC38E60C.jpeg
    209.8 KB · Views: 122

Fantastic my friend. They will most likely loosen up again and again. Keep an eye on them or take them out and wrap threads with a layer or two of teflon tape, then reinstall.

Fantastic my friend. They will most likely loosen up again and again. Keep an eye on them or take them out and wrap threads with a layer or two of teflon tape, then reinstall.

Great tip? Thnx

Great tip? Thnx
You may also want to check the setting of your droop screws. They are near the inside of the a-arms, and control how far the arms travel when fully extended. When set properly, they stop the shocks from fully extending, and may help a bit with the dog bone issue. They are located in similar areas front and rear.

Arrma droop screws.jpg

Except dog bones usually pop when the arms are flexed up which the drool screws don’t help with
It's just one more thing to help keep the suspension running at it's finest.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back