Full scale all-electric boat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a big heavy boat and it gets up well. My last boat had a 86 gallon tank, with 93 octane it cost a small fortune to fish.

Wonder how helpful a solar panel roof would be. I'll admit it looks incredible, but the wear and maintenance on an all-electric boat could be steep due to the environment, even if you don't have to deal with traditional maintenance. That's a big trade-off for cars. Generally higher initial cost that you save in maintenance and fuel. Fuel may be a big savings on a boat, but electronic/wire damage and wear would reverse all of that.

Wonder how helpful a solar panel roof would be. I'll admit it looks incredible, but the wear and maintenance on an all-electric boat could be steep due to the environment, even if you don't have to deal with traditional maintenance. That's a big trade-off for cars. Generally higher initial cost that you save in maintenance and fuel. Fuel may be a big savings on a boat, but electronic/wire damage and wear would reverse all of that.
To be fair the fuel-based boats of this caliber have nearly just as much electronics and wiring. The engine rooms/electronics rooms are water sealed and often climate controlled (on boats like this and larger).

I'm almost certain that maintenance on these will be a lot less. You can seal electronics very well. Of course, time will tell, and I don't know any specifics.
Not sure if a solar panel would put a dent into it, would probably just be a trickle charger in comparison.

I'm almost certain that maintenance on these will be a lot less. You can seal electronics very well. Of course, time will tell, and I don't know any specifics.
Not sure if a solar panel would put a dent into it, would probably just be a trickle charger in comparison.
But if you’re out fishing it would probably replenish what you used to get out there.

They said it needs overnight on 110v and 1.5 hours with a 220-240v supercharger. So, no go on solar, and slip would work but most don't have 220.

They said it needs overnight on 110v and 1.5 hours with a 220-240v supercharger. So, no go on solar, and slip would work but most don't have 220.
You could also do a turbine generator to grab wind too. Plenty of that out there. They have these self contained pods with a turbine inside. Put a few of those on the roof and you will for sure get some power.

1D7679C4-AF22-4954-927B-746D88BC22FE.jpeg

You could also do a turbine generator to grab wind too. Plenty of that out there. They have these self contained pods with a turbine inside. Put a few of those on the roof and you will for sure get some power.

View attachment 158298
It never fails that whenever I go out of FL keys there's like... No wind lol. Terrible fishing. Not great scuba either. Calm water though for some boat fun at least.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back