Question about catpack glitch buster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony jaques

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Vendetta
Hello all! I'm doing a speed run PROJECT and have a catpack Inline on battery feed but every third pass I get an lvc drop, no brakes yikes! steering @ fans still run it just shuts down the esc for a sec. if I plug a small 2s lipo into my receiver to power fans and servo will that work the same as a glitch pack? I'm running a bl8 150 g2 it's pretty much a g1 max8 bec set to 7.2. JUST WANT TO SEE IF ANYBODY HAD AN IDEA. I GOT A LITTLE 350MAH LI ION THAT WOULF FIT PERFECT OR A 1100 lipo. Any thought appreciated. And yes I can dump a max 6 in it but purpose of this build is a moderate 100mph build and I know that quickrun can do it does great till that third pass.im guessing it's pulled enough hard volts at that point the cats empty and battery is 1/2 used trying to push fans steering and esc.

I run the Castle XLX2 and the MMX8S but turn off the LVC. If I have it on I can get a code, but everything stays on.

The caps won't provide current long enough to your receiver if it's loosing power. The timing of the caps to release the energy is in the milliseconds. They are really meant to reduce the switching noise from the ESC.

I suspect something else is going on there. Maybe the radio is loosing signal.

The Max8 is supposed to have data logging have you looked at that?

What batteries and what's your radio setup?

I run the Castle XLX2 and the MMX8S but turn off the LVC. If I have it on I can get a code, but everything stays on.

The caps won't provide current long enough to your receiver if it's loosing power. The timing of the caps to release the energy is in the milliseconds. They are really meant to reduce the switching noise from the ESC.

I suspect something else is going on there. Maybe the radio is loosing signal.

The Max8 is supposed to have data logging have you looked at that?

What batteries and what's your radio setup?
It is a subpar battery sicokin 6000mah 120c, and yes after thinking about it my lvc is set at 3.6. duh lol 🤣. It does great for about 3 passes then esc kicks off. Its not a signal issue. I can still steer, I noticed it once months ago doing a burnout just smoking the tires while I held it, and it kicked off after extended full throttle did the typical lvc blink. I'm going to turn it off for the pass. I was going to lower it to 3.2, but after reading your statement I can turn it off if I'm doing just a few passes 4 passes =half the battery so I can judge it mentally and have a cell checker. Thank you for replying I'm tuned to a 33 spooled spur on a 25 pinion 2200kv 6s

1711938518549532931728853653307.jpg

1000005079.jpg

It is a subpar battery sicokin 6000mah 120c, and yes after thinking about it my lvc is set at 3.6. duh lol 🤣. It does great for about 3 passes then esc kicks off. Its not a signal issue. I can still steer, I noticed it once months ago doing a burnout just smoking the tires while I held it, and it kicked off after extended full throttle did the typical lvc blink. I'm going to turn it off for the pass. I was going to lower it to 3.2, but after reading your statement I can turn it off if I'm doing just a few passes 4 passes =half the battery so I can judge it mentally and have a cell checker. Thank you for replying I'm tuned to a 33 spooled spur on a 25 pinion 2200kv 6s

View attachment 358089

View attachment 358090

That sounds right. If the LVC kicks in, the ESC might cut out and you loose braking.

I'm not familiar with the battery. More mah is better, obviously. I can get a few runs on mine and my resting voltage is about 3.9V when I'm done, but they do droop more under load (22.5V on 8S) which would be 2.8V/cell when I pin it. Driving style will help with that. If you sneak up on your top speed the current (and droop will be less).

One of my logs, if you're interested.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/jerolds-limitless-build.49292/page-6#post-879869

That sounds right. If the LVC kicks in, the ESC might cut out and you loose braking.

I'm not familiar with the battery. More mah is better, obviously. I can get a few runs on mine and my resting voltage is about 3.9V when I'm done, but they do droop more under load (22.5V on 8S) which would be 2.8V/cell when I pin it. Driving style will help with that. If you sneak up on your top speed the current (and droop will be less).

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/jerolds-limitless-build.49292/page-6#post-879869
Thank you

Sicokin is also called serc was just a sale long time ago this whole thing was a total scrap build lol I build bashers and bought the radix for parts and it came with an extra motor 2200kv traxxis all I've bought was the hobbywing esc and front rear winghad the rest laying around she runs pretty straight

Back