Limitless Futaba Gyro worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Futaba gyro for my 200+ build but never ran it at high speeds yet.
I think without a side to side comparison or detailed refresh rate specs we may never know what is best.

My perspective when buying it was that this build is extremely expensive and I need to avoid crashes at all costs so the Futataba was the only option.

Finished.PNG

I have a Futaba gyro for my 200+ build but never ran it at high speeds yet.
I think without a side to side comparison or detailed refresh rate specs we may never know what is best.

My perspective when buying it was that this build is extremely expensive and I need to avoid crashes at all costs so the Futataba was the only option.

View attachment 212783
Good point.

I also just bought one for the VTE2 build but it’s still on the bench being built. I have tested that it works on the bench, but can’t really say it is better than any others yet. I have used a few others and they seemed to get wonky at high speeds. Time will tell on the Futaba.

I also just bought one for the VTE2 build but it’s still on the bench being built. I have tested that it works on the bench, but can’t really say it is better than any others yet. I have used a few others and they seemed to get wonky at high speeds. Time will tell on the Futaba.
Probably will put one in my new build just because. The one I have now is pretty smooth. It also has AVCS mode which I haven’t played around with yet. I’m assuming that’s for drifting? I have zero experience with drift RC cars, only real ones.

I have a Futaba gyro that I run in a 2wd SCT... LOL Not a speed runner, but it does work, helps a lot. but, I am not sure if it works any better than the build in gyro on my RC4G radios.

I have not tried either for speed running, though. Probably will next time out, as almost all my runs end up out of control in the ditch... :oops:

Both the built in one in the RC6GS V2 and the Futaba one appear to need the setting dial almost all the way down for speed run applications.
It is interesting to see when the setting is to high the car will sort of slither at high speeds (60+) and high acceleration and braking.

You definitely need to do some test runs at low speed and get it dialed in correctly before going fast.

Has Raz ever mentioned what setting he runs on his in his videos? I don't have the energy to go review the many hours of videos he has.

Both the built in one in the RC6GS V2 and the Futaba one appear to need the setting dial almost all the way down for speed run applications.
It is interesting to see when the setting is to high the car will sort of slither at high speeds (60+) and high acceleration and braking.

You definitely need to do some test runs at low speed and get it dialed in correctly before going fast.

Has Raz ever mentioned what setting he runs on his in his videos? I don't have the energy to go review the many hours of videos he has.
I believe he said 30%

With the two I’ve tried, Radiolink and Yeah Racing, they both would not give correction at the rate that vibration wouldn’t cause the tank knocker effect. Turning the gain up enough to induce the correction would also induce the vibration causing tank knocker effect. There was no safe level and both had the exact same outcome. I’m hoping the Futaba is more immune to the vibrations.

With the two I’ve tried, Radiolink and Yeah Racing, they both would not give correction at the rate that vibration wouldn’t cause the tank knocker effect. Turning the gain up enough to induce the correction would also induce the vibration causing tank knocker effect. There was no safe level and both had the exact same outcome. I’m hoping the Futaba is more immune to the vibrations.
I went through that with the RC6GS and also a SkyRC external. Bought this Power Hobby one for now and am pretty impressed. It's very smooth. Doesn't twitch either, even turned all the way up. Still curious how the AVCS mode would work on speed runs. As I understand it, it's heading hold. Not sure if that's good or bad since as I said above I have no experience with RC drifters. I'm probably still gonna throw the Futaba in my new build as I'd like to test them side my side, plus the new one is gonna take some time and be more expensive so why not have better stuff in it.

I know the Futaba instructions strongly encourage you to use the included foam mount piece to mount it.
Seems like vibrations were a consideration.

I was messing around with that AVCS mode last night. Should have taken a video. In normal mode when you jerk the car one way the gyro counter steers and and then snaps back to center. In AVCS mode it counter steers but the wheels SLOWLY come back to center.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back