Limitless Is Anyone Else Running a Perfect Pass Launch Control Module With a Futaba Tx/Rx (preferably 7PXR but 4PV, 4PX, 4PM or 10PX would also work)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can tell you didn't read the thread. :)

Everything is working just fine so we already know it wasn't the PP module. I only just today offered up why I started the thread in the first place because in the OP there's no mention of what problem I was having (or if I was having a problem at all). I was just looking for someone with this setup for a chat.

That's not how any of this read to me. I guess your intentions went over my head.
I understood the problem to be that you had a problem with the PP module's throttle delay and couldn't figure it out.

"the ramp time from when I pull the trigger to max RPM is about 4 seconds and not the 8-9 seconds I was expecting."

"I figured it would be quicker to just set up a new model profile with everything reset to default. I did that and still, same problem."

"Now I'm beginning to scrape the bottom of what I "know". I started to consider if the PP module I got was possibly defective but before I assume anything, I decided to compare my config to Raz's and check for differences. The only thing that really stood out was the receiver. I'm using the 334SBS and Raz is using the same one he uses in every video (at least I can't remember him ever using anything else), the R2006GS aircraft receiver. Nowhere is there any mention of Rx constraints in any of his videos and I'm really confident that Raz would have mentioned this in his videos if there were an issue with the standard issue receivers that come with Futaba transmitters. That would be a really big deal if a particular receiver was necessary for the PP module to work so I discarded the Rx as the culprit."

Everything I read in there sounds like you are investigating why the PP module is not working as expected.

I can tell you didn't read the thread. :)

Everything is working just fine so we already know it wasn't the PP module. I only just today offered up why I started the thread in the first place because in the OP there's no mention of what problem I was having (or if I was having a problem at all). I was just looking for someone with this setup for a chat.

I'm just going over my findings, the how what and why and, in retrospect, I was curious if anyone has any idea what the problem was for a bit of fun back and forth to make it a little interactive while I lay out my case because it was definitely a mildly interesting process figuring out what was going on.

Yeah, I know, NB4. Got it. But I'm sticking with my Futaba gear.
I know the answer!

Last edited:
That's not how any of this read to me. I guess your intentions went over my head.
I understood the problem to be that you had a problem with the PP module's throttle delay and couldn't figure it out.

"the ramp time from when I pull the trigger to max RPM is about 4 seconds and not the 8-9 seconds I was expecting."

"I figured it would be quicker to just set up a new model profile with everything reset to default. I did that and still, same problem."

"Now I'm beginning to scrape the bottom of what I "know". I started to consider if the PP module I got was possibly defective but before I assume anything, I decided to compare my config to Raz's and check for differences. The only thing that really stood out was the receiver. I'm using the 334SBS and Raz is using the same one he uses in every video (at least I can't remember him ever using anything else), the R2006GS aircraft receiver. Nowhere is there any mention of Rx constraints in any of his videos and I'm really confident that Raz would have mentioned this in his videos if there were an issue with the standard issue receivers that come with Futaba transmitters. That would be a really big deal if a particular receiver was necessary for the PP module to work so I discarded the Rx as the culprit."

Everything I read in there sounds like you are investigating why the PP module is not working as expected.
That's what I meant when I said you hadn't read the thread. This is just me recounting my experience. :)

Unlike some people on this forum, I'm a bit more cautious when it comes to openly speaking about issues with a product, particularly products from small companies. I will always assume that it's me and not the product until I have confirmation otherwise. And then I work whatever out with the manufacturer. There are people on here that piss and moan about some problem with a product and don't contact the seller/manufacturer about the alleged defect. I'm not saying that I have some massive outsized influence, but negative information about products out in the public are likely to have at least some effect on others and I'm not that guy.
Just set this up on mine a few weeks ago. I can tell you that my bench testing revealed the same behavior even with the same receiver Raz uses.
I'm using a 10px, R2006GS receiver, gyc441 gyro, perfect pass launch control, Perfect Pass monster servo.
I know. Welp...there goes my punch line.

Last edited:
That's what I meant when I said you hadn't read the thread. This is just me recounting my experience. :)

Unlike some people on this forum, I'm a bit more cautious when it comes to openly speaking about issues with a product, particularly products from small companies. I will always assume that it's me and not the product until I have confirmation otherwise. And then I work whatever out with the manufacturer. There are people on here that piss and moan about some problem with a product and don't contact the seller/manufacturer about the alleged defect. I'm not saying that I have some massive outsized influence, but negative information about products out in the public are likely to have at least some effect on others and I'm not that guy.

Welp...there goes my punch line.
*goes back and deletes response*
What were we talking about again? :D

Unlike some people on this forum, I'm a bit more cautious when it comes to openly speaking about issues with a product, particularly products from small companies. I will always assume that it's me and not the product until I have confirmation otherwise. And then I work whatever out with the manufacturer. There are people on here that piss and moan about some problem with a product and don't contact the seller/manufacturer about the alleged defect.

Agreed, I think the XLX2 gets the most shade on this forum.

I know. Welp...there goes my punch line.
Dude, I wouldn’t have gotten that answer if you held a gun to my head. I’m still going back to…
77FA8608-E1D1-4AEA-9020-7178DC850104.jpeg

Dude, are you high? When I was a noob here on the forum I went full blown enuretic just because I was running a Max 6! I finally succumbed and spent my whole load on an MMX2 just so I didn’t have to change my bedding every day. And it’ll probably still burst into flames! (The MMX2, not my bedding...)

Dude, I wouldn’t have gotten that answer if you held a gun to my head. I’m still going back to…
View attachment 290504

Dude, are you high? When I was a noob here on the forum I went full blown enuretic just because I was running a Max 6! I finally succumbed and spent my whole load on an MMX2 just so I didn’t have to change my bedding every day. And it’ll probably still burst into flames! (The MMX2, not my bedding...)

I am all about the XLX2 but we have a ton of people on the forum scare about that ESC.
I suppose I am one of those who has to catch fire to be worried about it.

I have punished my XLX2 in the 400-700 amp range every single time and it keeps on going. And its a first batch model that was supposed to catch fire LOL

I am all about the XLX2 but we have a ton of people on the forum scare about that ESC.

I have punished my XLX2 in the 400-700 amp range every single time and it keeps on going. And its a first batch model that was supposed to catch fire LOL
Everybody worth his/her salt on here recommends that ESC, and I understand the reasons they do. The most successful and knowledgeable guys in the game seldom use anything else. Especially if you’re planning on speed running, and all of that combined advice is why I finally bit the bullet. But even though some have questioned why it’s so possible to torch them, it is by far the most highly recommended ESC on the forum for 1/8 scale and up. And in stark contrast to them getting shade here, I doubt if any other online group in the history of the interweb has generated more sales for the XLX2 than the Arrma Forum. In fact, Castle should probably comp 5 or 6 of you guys with a new one every few weeks or so just for being unpaid spokespeople! 😂

Everybody worth his/her salt on here recommends that ESC, and I understand the reasons they do. The most successful and knowledgeable guys in the game seldom use anything else. Especially if you’re planning on speed running, and all of that combined advice is why I finally bit the bullet. But even though some have questioned why it’s so possible to torch them, it is by far the most highly recommended ESC on the forum for 1/8 scale and up. And in stark contrast to them getting shade here, I doubt if any other online group in the history of the interweb has generated more sales for the XLX2 than the Arrma Forum. In fact, Castle should probably comp 5 or 6 of you guys with a new one every few weeks or so just for being unpaid spokespeople! 😂
Yesssss!
I'm onboard with that idea 💡

I wasn't even talking about the XLX2. More about people on here that buy something from Scorched RC and the part has a defect (allegedly). No contact is made with Scorched to rectify the issue, but a lot of assumptions were made about Dave and how Scorched would handle it without even trying or asking (I'd wager a month's salary that Dave would have just put a replacement in the mail free of charge and just be done with it). He said he didn't want to pay shipping for the return and the replacement parts and yada, yada, etc. but proceed to make a long detailed video about the supposed machining defect. So I'm like, "WTF are you doing? A courtesy call to Scorched would be the bare minimum I would expect so they know something of theirs arrived in less than pefect shape (allegedly) and that you give them the opportunity to make it right before you go posting this video that is describing a situation that was ENTIRELY of your own making but guess who it makes look bad?"...I'm sure I don't need to explain this and why I thought it was a really f**ked up thing to do.

I'm just hyper aware of the damage that can be caused to providers of services and goods, even if you don't mean to and this just came across as borderline malicious and, well...let's just say I took great umbrage and let the chap have it.

Yeah, there are a few characters on here that push the fire scare. I just make sure to make at least double the amount of positive posts about the XLX2...kinda the same way I eat twice as much meat every day so that I negate at minimum one ethical vegan/vegetarian to make what they're doing pointless. :LOL:

I never claimed to not be a Richard sometimes.

Sometimes I feel like I should be recognized as an honorary goodwill ambassador for Castle...more specifically the XLX2 and should receive financial remuneration for everything I do for the company. I'd settle for an acknowledgement and a firm handshake though. :)

Disclaimer: This is only meant tongue-in-cheek. The food thing I mean. I'm 100% a Richard sometimes. Sometimes inadvertently but, for the most part, very deliberately and unapologetically.

Sometimes I feel like I should be recognized as an honorary goodwill ambassador for Castle...more specifically the XLX2 and should receive financial remuneration for everything I do for the company. I'd settle for an acknowledgement and a firm handshake though. :)

Agreed, a firm handshake and affirmation can go a long way sometimes.

Handshake Bros GIF

Agreed, a firm handshake and affirmation can go a long way sometimes.

Handshake Bros GIF
Oh absolutely. Simply having someone acknowledge what you did with the tip of a hat is such a positive feedback loop. The world needs more of this and people would get mo betta.

Edit: @LibertyMKiii God dammit...I forgot the cornerstone of my argument for caution. I know I got the point across but I still feel like it's worth mentioning...you have your own experience with this through Raz's cavalier (perhaps even reckless) handling of your CF body.

But that's the reason why I said nothing of a defect when I started the thread. Sure, people are free to make assumptions but at the end of the day, I'm either going to report on a bad product or a good product. But not before I've exhausted every last possibility and get everything to work as advertised or given every opportunity for the seller to rectify the issue if it's a dud or whatever (it happens to the best of them...except maybe Rolls Royce...I somehow doubt that they've ever given a customer a dud). I see that as my responsibility to the manufacturer/seller/whoever.

Last edited:
Edit: @LibertyMKiii God dammit...I forgot the cornerstone of my argument for caution. I know I got the point across but I still feel like it's worth mentioning...you have your own experience with this through Raz's cavalier (perhaps even reckless) handling of your CF body.

But that's the reason why I said nothing of a defect when I started the thread. Sure, people are free to make assumptions but at the end of the day, I'm either going to report on a bad product or a good product. But not before I've exhausted every last possibility and get everything to work as advertised or given every opportunity for the seller to rectify the issue if it's a dud or whatever (it happens to the best of them...except maybe Rolls Royce...I somehow doubt that they've ever given a customer a dud). I see that as my responsibility to the manufacturer/seller/whoever.

It must have been Arnolds bicep that got you distracted :LOL:

Im lost in this post . I’m having the same issue when I swapped my radio to the 10px. Now my PP is really short even if I turn the dial all the way (me last radio setup that would mean 10-12 sec).

What’s going on?

Yeah I have the same problem with my PP after I get out of a cold pool.
Wait. ....what..... oh different pp. My bad.🤪🤪
Decides Terrence Howard GIF

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back