Granite Good motor bearings from EU shops?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rumbot

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Good evening gentlemen

I’m looking for good quality motor bearings available from shops in Europe to replace the stock ones on my Granite BLX V3.

As far as I’ve understood, motor bearings are a bit different than the ones in the rest of the vehicle, as they need to resist to turning more rounds per minute. I also read different opinions about metal vs rubber shieldings in motors.

Therefore please chip in: which motor bearings should I buy to drive mostly in dirty and wet conditions? Can you recommend a EU shop selling them?

Thanks in advance ;)

Cheers
rumbot

I am in the states. We usually go for TRBRC, FastEddy's, Jims, Avids, or DSM Offroad BB's here.
For wet running, a SS BB is in order. Usually has Marine grade water proof grease. Use Syn Oil only for Motor BB's. Wet running requires Frequent motor BB cleaning/lubing. No matter what type of BB's you get/use. Motor's are not truly WP. The motors and BB's wil get all rusted out. And very quickly. Need to open them up often.
>>>
Motor Specific BB's need to be used for motors. Absolutely. Or risk blowing up a motor's armature.
Motor BB's are rated to Higher ABEC stanadards. i.e Abec #5 or #7, having tighter tolerances and the BB cage within can handle High temps and RPMS. What matters most with any Motor BB. Don't make the mistake of using any standard BB found along the rest of the drivetrain. A common mistake.
I personally always go to a Ceramic Motor BB. Worth the few cents more, if the motor is well maintained. Motors can last for many years. If cleaned out and BB cleaned and lubed properly. Synthetic oils are best for the motor BB. Checking and tossing sloppy worn out motor BB's before they explode, is key here. Have spares on hand. BB's are normlly consumable parts. Just Letting them explode/fail before replacing them, causes other related parts damage. Especially when running in the wet. A good motor BB will be SS, be of Ceramic and have an Abec rating of 5 or higher. The good stuff does. And a Hybrid Sealed version will have one side "Rubber sealed", and the other side just Metal "shielded". Rubber "sealed" side facing out for obvious reasons.
I don't feel Ceramic BB's have any better advantage over standard chromium ones, when running them on the rest of the drivetrain. A complete waste of coin. FWIW.
:cool:

https://jimsbearings.com/collections/arrma-motor/products/arrma-3s-4s-ceramic-motor-bearings (y)(y) ( Ceramic Abec # 5 rated)

Always replace Motor BB's in Pairs. Toss both even if just one is toast or worn. The other one is surely on its way out also. Usually the front, Pinion side BB, fails first. Visible with slight End Play/slop.
If not caught in time, worst case is that the one BB explodes and ruins the whole Armature. Motor just locks up. Been there. Then the whole motor is bricked. You can't just buy the armature alone.
Buy some synthetic High temp Oil. You need it in your tool box. Liberty Oil (AMZ) has been tested to be among the top ones. I also use SuperLube Syn Oil. A bit thicker. A drop will do ya. Less is more.

Last edited:
I'm sure you're aware the stock motor has 2 different size bearings. 5*16*5 and 5*13*4

Another option is a 2nd motor like a surpass or rocket. Bang good or Ali express they're about the same price delivered as the bearings 👍

I'm sure you're aware the stock motor has 2 different size bearings. 5*16*5 and 5*13*4

Another option is a 2nd motor like a surpass or rocket. Bang good or Ali express they're about the same price delivered as the bearings 👍
Sir, this completely blew my mind. A complete motor for the same price as two bearings?? Anyway, I think I’l stick with the stock motor and see how it fares.

Where did you find the sizing for the motor bearings? I tried to look on the internet and I even wrote to Hobby Horizon, but they couldn’t say the size for my particular model (V3).
nsk or fushi from aliexpress.
Fushi bearings seem to have the right specs. I found this document online stating the ABEC and RPM ratings and they seem ok:

https://www.fushibearing.com/produc...-Series/695DD,695VV,695ZZ,695/tpid:27161.html

Sir, this completely blew my mind. A complete motor for the same price as two bearings?? Anyway, I think I’l stick with the stock motor and see how it fares.

Where did you find the sizing for the motor bearings? I tried to look on the internet and I even wrote to Hobby Horizon, but they couldn’t say the size for my particular model (V3).

Fushi bearings seem to have the right specs. I found this document online stating the ABEC and RPM ratings and they seem ok:

https://www.fushibearing.com/produc...-Series/695DD,695VV,695ZZ,695/tpid:27161.html
I also found some cheap IBB bearings, they don’t have an ABEC rating, but they are rated for 48k RPM (I asked to the homepage owners via email, the specs are not online):

https://www.interwiel.nl/695-zz-kogellager-5x13x4-mm.html

Just asking on here iirc. Was a good while ago. You might want to look up 'the bread trick' when removing the old bearing 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back