Good non-Arrma tires/wheels for 6s from Jenny's (Corally, HPI, Redcat, etc)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Ive used Jenny's for Backflips and know the Mojave tires are a great tire. What other tires from other brands are good and handle 6s (buggy/truggy/mt)?

Seen the Corally Grabbers are good, what else? HPI Savage and Redcat Kaiju tires look interesting, any good? Any other durable options?

There's the FT tires, reportedly very tough. IDK if I can honestly recommend the Redcat for 6s, I like them but many have said they blow apart on 6s. Same for the HPI, although I haven't read any reports of them blowing apart, I have a set of the pin tires from the Savage flux, they don't seem like they'll handle much 6s abuse IMO. Mine are tearing away from the wheels, not ungluing but actually tearing at the sidewalls. Shame, they have awesome grip on hard pack. The foams suck too. I've only ran them on 4s and they balloon like a muther..
Some seem to like the Sledgehammers from the Slug, I however can't recommend any TRX tires with a clear conscience.. they do have them though, along with the Talon 6s from the E Revo..

I run the OG Kaiju tires on my Kraton/Fireteam thing. Definitely have more offset than the backflips. I like them, and you can buy a set of 4 for like $52.

7A992EEE-9039-4460-8F8E-74F3AEBC8018.jpeg

2E77DED0-8C24-4708-971E-D9BA99BD98AB.jpeg

I also have a set of the Kaiju EXT tires, but I’ve only ran them once and didn’t love the grass performance. I’ll probably give them another go the next time I have it out.

8D953775-07EA-4CA1-98D4-EF706FAA507A.jpeg

B205C23F-59A4-4267-992D-FD32A396D109.jpeg

Agreed with some of the sentiment above. Kaiju MT tires have good grip but probably won't last as long as Arrma tires will (but they also cost much less). I've liked the Kaiju EXT tires so far (being belted and all), except the tread pattern doesn't hook up as well as some of the other tires.

Wouldn't buy traxxas tires based on the experiences i've had/seen. Not sure about HPI, but my Bullet tires were okay as stock, they lasted a while just ballooned alot.

I have two Corally vehicles, and I've changed the tires on both. The Corally tires did not have great grip, and they were mounted on spoked wheels which I don't believe will stand up to serious bashing. On my Corally Muraco, a truggy, I changed the tires to the dboots Katar T tires, which have much better grip, and on my Radix6, a buggy, I went with Duratrax Six Packs on disc wheels.

The OG Kaiju tires haven't been in stock at JRC for quite some time, but as has been mentioned they're only $52 a set from Redcat direct. They could easily be braided with fishing line too. Be careful, the little hexes along the outer edge of the rims can slice the sidewalls of the tires when the tire rolls over the rim on hard corners or landings, I speculate that's likely the cause of so many having blowouts with those tires. @Megasty has mentioned this in the Kaiju mega thread here. I took his advice and used a grinder to remove the all from 2 sets of OG Kaiju tires after finding a slice in one of my sidewalls..

I have a set of the Team Corally Kronos/Dementor tires the wheels broke and one of them ripped after a little bit of use.

don't no much about the tyres talked about above but they would have to be really good to beat the backflips 6s or 4s

Was hoping there were some cheap options I didn't know about but seems like the other brands have mediocre tires that struggle with 6s. The Arrma tires still seem the best bet with the Backflips, Mojave, & Fireteam tires being solid quality. I have the Backflip LPs and really like them, also have the Fireteam tires and they are the toughest tires I've seen yet. Been through about 15 packs of 6s with them and look barely used at all, zero signs of glue bead breaking down. Backflip LPs are holding up but looks like they need to be reglued soon, been through about 20 packs with them.

Was hoping there were some cheap options I didn't know about but seems like the other brands have mediocre tires that struggle with 6s. The Arrma tires still seem the best bet with the Backflips, Mojave, & Fireteam tires being solid quality. I have the Backflip LPs and really like them, also have the Fireteam tires and they are the toughest tires I've seen yet. Been through about 15 packs of 6s with them and look barely used at all, zero signs of glue bead breaking down. Backflip LPs are holding up but looks like they need to be reglued soon, been through about 20 packs with them.
I'm with ya, always looking for alternatives. I will get a set of Kaiju EXT tires at some point, they look like they'd be great on clay. Not too tall either, which fits my use. The taller MT tires make handling a bit vague for me. BF LP's are great in the spring, but once my clay track sets up, they're really greasy tho..I'm still awaiting the Proline Mirage TT to be released. They teased me with them months ago.. still not available yet.
I have a set of the Team Corally Kronos/Dementor tires the wheels broke and one of them ripped after a little bit of use.
Yeah, they're much thinner and lighter than BF MT'S. They have done well for me, but I am easier on them than most people I think.

I have got cheaper wheels and tyre sets before and regreted it can't remember what happened to them but I no they where crap on 6s anyway

I have got cheaper wheels and tyre sets before and regreted it can't remember what happened to them but I no they where crap on 6s anyway
I'm finding this to be true also. 4s, most any tire will last a while, 6s, not so much. For 6s, I think it's Arrma or Proline, haven't really found anything else that lasts. I have not tried the Methods or Jetko's though..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back