Got a new Spektrum DX5C transmitter with a SR6100AT receiver.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan H

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Installed and binded on my Big Rock V3...reverse only working intermittently if at all. Had an issue with reverse with the stock transmitter after a particularly wet day of bashing. Could this be an ESC issue?
Updated: got a different receiver and binded perfectly!

Last edited:
IforiInstalled and binded on my Big Rock V3...reverse only working intermittently if at all. Had an issue with reverse with the stock transmitter after a particularly wet day of bashing. Could this be an ESC issue?
I think that’s one of the receivers that requires it to be still and level a few seconds before it will connect. I don’t like the driver assist function. I have the DX5C transmitter too. Do you know of a way to get more range out of it? Mine looses control in less than a 100 yards

Did you recalibrate the ESC throttle/reverse/neutral? Presuming you have a Spektrum, hold setup while powering on.
Full trigger/hit setup button
Full Reverse/touch setup
Neutral/setup
Auto Reboot

Trying that next. Hoping that water didn't damage the ESC. Was pretty sketchy until it completely dried out, but reverse has been the issue that seemed to stay an issue.
I think that’s one of the receivers that requires it to be still and level a few seconds before it will connect. I don’t like the driver assist function. I have the DX5C transmitter too. Do you know of a way to get more range out of it? Mine looses control in less than a 100 yards
Just got it myself. I'm thinking about getting a receiver without the driver assist. As far as range, mine seems to go 100 yards or better. Not sure how to get more.
Did you recalibrate the ESC throttle/reverse/neutral? Presuming you have a Spektrum, hold setup while powering on.
Full trigger/hit setup button
Full Reverse/touch setup
Neutral/setup
Auto Reboot
Trying that next. Hoping that water didn't damage the ESC. Was pretty sketchy until it completely dried out, but reverse has been the issue that seemed to stay an issue.

It’s a finicky reciever.
As mentioned above make sure you calibrate the ESC.

And, let the rig sit still for 5 seconds at least after power up before moving it (lifting it out of your car or using the remote too move it)

It’s a finicky reciever.
As mentioned above make sure you calibrate the ESC.

And, let the rig sit still for 5 seconds at least after power up before moving it (lifting it out of your car or using the remote too move it)
Calibrated the ESC and still having issues with reverse. I'm betting that the ESC getting so wet did some damage. 😞

I have the DX5C transmitter too. Do you know of a way to get more range out of it? Mine looses control in less than a 100 yards
I’ve never had any issues with range with my DX5C, I was trying to see how far it would go when I did this.

8DFEF408-988C-45FC-AC12-668FF2156D34.jpeg

Calibrated the ESC and still having issues with reverse. I'm betting that the ESC getting so wet did some damage. 😞

Try playing with travel and sub trims on the transmitter to see if your neutral just requires a shift. 150 percent reverse travel better or worse for example

20230604_195744.jpg

Which should I adjust? Sorry if stupid question...Im still very new to this

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back