• ISDT Q6 Plus 300W Battery Chargers GIVEAWAY
    ENTER NOW!!!

Granite 4x4 upgrade for rear diff gear's

Thread starter #1

Bowthumper427

Arrma RC's
Fazon, Granite, Nero, Voltage, 4x4-Mega
Installed castle's sidewinder4 3800 kv esc, motor first time trying on 3S rung off rear differential input shaft if anybody knows of any upgrade parts to keep this from happening please let me know thank you. Be Blessed and Blast On.

Jerry-rigged

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
Arrma does have a metal HD input shaft listed at Tower and Amain, but delivery keeps getting bumped, it has never been in stock.

While we wait, you can make your own. Quick and cheap. There are a few threads here, and I made a video. All you need is your broken input, a spare wheel axle (from a mega 4x4) and a 2mm or 2.5mm crosspin.

Jerry-rigged

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
I was running 3s and 4s, after the HD input mod and Yeti 32p spur. I dropped to a small 2s motor mostly because I was destroying tires too fast... LOL

But now I am getting bored with my 3000kv F540 motor. Better than stock, but I am wanting some POWER again. :)

ChadFury

Arrma RC's
Fury, 4x4-Mega
Hi Jerry would it backflip off jumps on 3s?

Jerry-rigged

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
I didn't get a chance to jump it on 3s. I did try some tree jumps / flips (drive up the side of a big tree and make it flip). Funny, it would do tree flips on stock power, but not on 3s/4s. I think the BLX185 was accelerating the wheels too fast, wheel acceleration is what makes the car flip, and the wheels would be at full speed long before the truck was airborne... LOL

Rctrucker

Arrma RC's
Kraton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
I guess as of 8/21/2018 there is no metal upgrade for that shaft yet. I guess I"m gonna do the mod. Thanks Jerry for sharing