Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Granite 4x4 upgrade for rear diff gear's

Discussion in 'Mega 4x4' started by Bowthumper427, May 13, 2018.

1. Bowthumper427

Bowthumper427 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fazon, Granite, Nero, Voltage, 4x4-Mega
    Installed castle's sidewinder4 3800 kv esc, motor first time trying on 3S rung off rear differential input shaft if anybody knows of any upgrade parts to keep this from happening please let me know thank you. Be Blessed and Blast On.

2. Jerry-rigged

Jerry-rigged Premium Member!
    Premium Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
    Arrma does have a metal HD input shaft listed at Tower and Amain, but delivery keeps getting bumped, it has never been in stock.

While we wait, you can make your own. Quick and cheap. There are a few threads here, and I made a video. All you need is your broken input, a spare wheel axle (from a mega 4x4) and a 2mm or 2.5mm crosspin.

TheBadazz likes this.
  3. chazekxt46

chazekxt46 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite, Raider
    or stop running 3s

4. Jerry-rigged

Premium Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
    I was running 3s and 4s, after the HD input mod and Yeti 32p spur. I dropped to a small 2s motor mostly because I was destroying tires too fast... LOL

But now I am getting bored with my 3000kv F540 motor. Better than stock, but I am wanting some POWER again. :)

5. ChadFury

ChadFury Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury, 4x4-Mega
    Hi Jerry would it backflip off jumps on 3s?

6. Jerry-rigged

Premium Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
    I didn't get a chance to jump it on 3s. I did try some tree jumps / flips (drive up the side of a big tree and make it flip). Funny, it would do tree flips on stock power, but not on 3s/4s. I think the BLX185 was accelerating the wheels too fast, wheel acceleration is what makes the car flip, and the wheels would be at full speed long before the truck was airborne... LOL

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer