Granite Granite BLX - Noob Basher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridgehead44

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey All,

I guess I've been delinquent in doing this. I kinda went down a rabbit hole of upgrades for my Granite BLX, adding things even when they weren't broken. I know, I know, rookie mistake. But I've pretty much got it to where I want:

Platform:
Granite BLX V2

Electronics:
Hobbywing EZRun MAX10SCT motor and ESC combo
Flysky receiver
Flysky gt3b
ZOSkay 25kg servo
Rocket Motor Fan, 28,000 RPM

Chasis/Suspension Shocks:

GPM Racing shocks and springs with 45 weight shock oil
Hot Racing pivot balls
Hot Racing bell crank
Nylon 3D Printed driveshaft cover found here on the forum
Integy C28370 Dirt Guard
Fast Eddie's Bearings

Body:

Outkast 4S Wing
SummitLink ST-BR-03
Arno straps to replace the Velcro battery straps

Here are some pics. The body is actually designed for a Stampede, but it fits the Granite. Since the Granite is a lower profile, the front of the body is a tad bit lower than the rear which, IMO, gives it a little more aggressive stance. I also kinda like how the orange and black motif go with the orange and black shocks/springs.

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

Still to come - Things I have purchased but haven't installed yet:

Drive Train:

V3 motor mount, which allows for more variety of gear combos. I'll upgrade to an 18 then maybe go up to a 19, depending on how that goes.

Wheels:
Hot Racing hub extenders 10 mm
Proline MX28 Badlands

Body:
Light kit (kit bashed). I actually had this installed, but it was a bit cumbersome and fragile. I'm going to rework it after I have the upgrades wheels/extenders and gear installed.

Last edited:
Hey All,

I guess I've been delinquent in doing this. I kinda went down a rabbit hole of upgrades for my Granite BLX, adding things even when they weren't broken. I know, I know, rookie mistake. But I've pretty much got it to where I want:

Platform:
Granite BLX V2

Electronics:
Flysky receiver
Flysky gt3b
ZOSkay 25kg servo

Hot Racing pivot balls
Hot Racing bell crank
Integy C28370 Dirt Guard
Fast Eddie's Bearings

Body:

Outkast 4S Wing
SummitLink ST-BR-03

Here are some pics. The body is actually designed for a Stampede, but it fits the Granite. Since the Granite is a lower profile, the front of the body is a tad bit lower than the rear which, IMO, gives it a little more aggressive stance. I also kinda like how the orange and black motif go with the orange and black shocks/springs.

View attachment 150544

View attachment 150545

View attachment 150546

Drive Train:

V3 motor mount, which allows for more variety of gear combos. I'll upgrade to an 18 then maybe go up to a 19, depending on how that goes.

Wheels:
Proline MX28 Badlands

Body:
Light kit (kit bashed). I actually had this installed, but it was a bit cumbersome and fragile. I'm going to rework it after I have the upgrades wheels/extenders and gear installed.
Wow, that's a really nice rig! If you are making newbie mistakes, you must be making the right ones!

Good job, and like you, I like the colors as it turned out with the body and the springs

Wow, that's a really nice rig! If you are making newbie mistakes, you must be making the right ones!

Good job, and like you, I like the colors as it turned out with the body and the springs

Thank you! I plan to do a speed run tonight, just to see where it's at with stock gearing. Then I'll gear up and see how much faster it goes. I want to run a couple packs through with the higher gearing. Then I'll add the new tires/hub extenders to see how the handling changes/improves.

It's just been so rainy here in Texas, it's been hard to get some quality runtime without having to compete with rain or mud, LOL.

Thank you! I plan to do a speed run tonight, just to see where it's at with stock gearing. Then I'll gear up and see how much faster it goes. I want to run a couple packs through with the higher gearing. Then I'll add the new tires/hub extenders to see how the handling changes/improves.

It's just been so rainy here in Texas, it's been hard to get some quality runtime without having to compete with rain or mud, LOL.
Sounds good...... just be mindful of the additional heat produced if you strain the motor more with gearing changes....

Yes, our BLX has a fan, but heat is the enemy.....

Plus, if you lived north of the Arctic circle like Exc31, nature would help with the heat....

But after living in Texas, I remember it can get warm there....

ENJOY!!!!

And again, good lookin rig!
Well....duh..... looking back at your parts list, looks like you have decided to put a supersonic helicopter on the motor for a fan..... GOOD THINKING!!

Hey All,

Platform:
Granite BLX V2

Electronics:
Flysky receiver
Flysky gt3b
ZOSkay 25kg servo

Hot Racing pivot balls
Hot Racing bell crank
Integy C28370 Dirt Guard
Fast Eddie's Bearings

Body:

Outkast 4S Wing
SummitLink ST-BR-03

View attachment 150544

View attachment 150545

View attachment 150546

Drive Train:

Wheels:
Proline MX28 Badlands

Body:

You have it looking so good I would not want to bash that body.... For each the Granite and BR I have a shelf body only and a basher body...so who am I to talk :)

Sounds good...... just be mindful of the additional heat produced if you strain the motor more with gearing changes....

Yes, our BLX has a fan, but heat is the enemy.....

Absolutely! I'll be very mindful of the heat. Thank you again!

You have it looking so good I would not want to bash that body.... For each the Granite and BR I have a shelf body only and a basher body...so who am I to talk

Thank you! I do have another body, which I painted black. I didn't use good technique, so it didn't come out so well. I'll probably use that one for the main basher.

Wheels:
Proline MX28 Badlands

I put these on and did some light bashing this past weekend. The rig is much more stable with the hub extenders. Far fewer rollovers. I did have an issue where one of the extenders came off. :mad:

I removed them, cleaned all the thread lock from the hardware and reinstalled. This time I used a crescent wrench to get the hubs screwed on tighter. Hopefully it'll hold up.

quick question. doing lots of reading and not much posting yet. but how much better are the fast eddy bearings, for instance, than the stock v3 rubber sealed bearings? are they truly worth upgrading if a stock bearing hasn't gone to crap yet?

quick question. doing lots of reading and not much posting yet. but how much better are the fast eddy bearings, for instance, than the stock v3 rubber sealed bearings? are they truly worth upgrading if a stock bearing hasn't gone to crap yet?
Why fix something that isn't broken?

for nothing but the shear fact of upgrading for better performance, etc. was just curious about that quality of one bearing vs another is all.

for nothing but the shear fact of upgrading for better performance, etc. was just curious about that quality of one bearing vs another is all.
I'd say quality of fast eddy is much higher than stock, but you won't notice any improvement unless your stock bearing is going bad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back