Typhon GRP tires on Blx 3s 75mm vs 85mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milehighspeed

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 3s
First post, appreciating all the info on the forum.

Wanting to add GRP belted tires to my Typhon 3s V3 but seeing mixed info on whether or not they fit without modifications. Inside diameter of stock wheels is 85mm and things are tight around the tie rods and steering hubs. GRPs list inside dia. of wheels at 75mm which seems like they wouldn't fit and I've seen many claim they don't. However, others on the forum indicate GRPs do work and they outfit their 3s cars with them. Can anyone confirm definitively the fit of GRP wheels on the Typhon 3s V3 and whether you have to make modifications to allow for them? Any photos, especially at tie rods and steering hubs, would be appreciated.

4D495141-28B6-444D-A987-896C441A220A.png

First post, appreciating all the info on the forum.

Wanting to add GRP belted tires to my Typhon 3s V3 but seeing mixed info on whether or not they fit without modifications. Inside diameter of stock wheels is 85mm and things are tight around the tie rods and steering hubs. GRPs list inside dia. of wheels at 75mm which seems like they wouldn't fit and I've seen many claim they don't. However, others on the forum indicate GRPs do work and they outfit their 3s cars with them. Can anyone confirm definitively the fit of GRP wheels on the Typhon 3s V3 and whether you have to make modifications to allow for them? Any photos, especially at tie rods and steering hubs, would be appreciated.
They always have fit my Typhon 3S but they do tend to rub the tie rod ends if positioned at the highest point.

Thanks guys. Decided I’d just go with the old stand by for me which are the Jconcepts speed claws and cheetah wheels. Decent belted treads but what I really like is the fact they come with custom inserts to swap between 12mm and 17mm hex so you can fit them onto multiple cars. The inside dia. Is 85mm so easily clears everything. Just cost a bit more than the GRPs

They always have fit my Typhon 3S but they do tend to rub the tie rod ends if positioned at the highest point.
I'm obviously missing something because I don't see a way to adjust my tie rods up or down. I have a v3

I think he was referring to extreme St endpoints will rub the wheels. Reduce the Dual rate or Endpoints. May help?:unsure:

3A4DF900-D0B3-408C-A53F-B3F2C9D37FC7.jpeg
5E70B09D-A148-43A6-BE7D-3F8444089747.jpeg
1628D94C-4A06-49B2-91A9-4D23DD6B16C6.jpeg
So took a closer look. Just don’t see how a smaller dia wheel would clear the tie rods front or back without extenders. These are 85mm jconcepts wheels in pics that match standard wheels. The GRPs are 78mm and seems like they would rub. Ginglehoppers pics sure made it though. Strange.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back