Guys who own / know the UDR , have some questions .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
Hi guys , I realize it's an Arrma forum , don't shoot me !!!! You all know I have a lot of Arrmas , but always wanted a UDR and finally picked one up . I look forward to running it with my V1 Mojave for fun and comparison . Like my Maxx , if I don't like it , it WILL be gone !!!
So the 1st run preliminary inspection I've seen about is to check and grease the rear diff gears , and check the motor screws / slider adj screws , I did as well as vent all the tires , and shoe goo drywall tape around the body mount holes where they always rip first .
I very well know the Mojave will be faster and handle better , but I wanted this truck for its scale looks / driving realism / characteristics . The same reason I bought the SBR 2.0 , but is not in the category of 1/7 trucks like a Mo and UDR . That dam thing is HEAVY , and does flip over VERY easy , you really got drive that truck like it's on edge !!!!
Back to the UDR , the one thing I have a question about is , unlike the Mojave that has a just a center / fr / rr diffs , the UDR has a transmission w/ planetary gears and in the rear also has another set of a gear reduction planetary gear set , that's a lot of gears happening !!!!! When you roll this truck you can def feel more resistance than when you roll the Mo , is this normal ??? Is this just the characteristic of the TRX motors that are " harder to turn " opposed to other brands , when you turn the stock Xmaxx motor vs. the K8S motor , it's like the K8S motor would spin feely when let go ,as the Xmaxx would stop . Read there are more magnets in the TRX motors ???
Anyway , thanks in advance for the comments / help , this is the only RC forum I belong to and is my favorite because of all the cool guys here , but I get it , could be told to go join the TRX forum for these questions , but won't do that .

IMG_4757.JPG

Nothing to do with this unit in general, more of a motor question. I just posted this in a different thread the other day:

Some motors can have slotted stators and some can be slotless. How "notchy" they can feel when you turn them can be the magnet composition but either one notchy or not there's nothing wrong with either type.

Nothing to do with this unit in general, more of a motor question. I just posted this in a different thread the other day:

Some motors can have slotted stators and some can be slotless. How "notchy" they can feel when you turn them can be the magnet composition but either one notchy or not there's nothing wrong with either type.
Thanks gotnitro , when I pulled the TRX motor out of my Xmaxx and my K8S , was surprised at how much easier and feely the K8S motor spun .

Ooooof !!! LOL 6s much needed !!! After running my Arrma stuff all on 6s , running this on 4s seems slow to me .

While I agree (as I run 6S also), 4S is much more realistic - and easier on the drivetrain.

The UDR's rear solid axle has a locked diff - this might be the difference you're seeing.

The BR and SBR are much more like the UDR (and is a competitor) than the Mojave is.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back