Off the shelf gyro that can do this? (Airplane gyro experience plz)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LibertyMKiii

Aerodynamics speed junkie
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Mojave
  3. Typhon 6s
Does anyone know if there is an off the shelf gyro that can do this? (I can tell this is an air plane gyro but have zero experience with planes)
My RC car gyros (Sky rc and Futaba) make a correction and then go back to the original center position. Looking for one that can adjust based on the angle and holds specific to that angle.

What he shows in the first 20 seconds

Does anyone know if there is an off the shelf gyro that can do this? (I can tell this is an air plane gyro but have zero experience with planes)
My RC car gyros (Sky rc and Futaba) make a correction and then go back to the original center position. Looking for one that can adjust based on the angle and holds specific to that angle.

What he shows in the first 20 seconds

I wonder if the gyro works differently because it's mounted 90 degrees to what we normally do. Have you tested one to see the effect of the gyro with the receiver mounted on an opposite plain?

I wonder if the gyro works differently because it's mounted 90 degrees to what we normally do. Have you tested one to see the effect of the gyro with the receiver mounted on an opposite plain?
Yes at least the RC car gyro. It makes a correction and then re-centers. When mounded horizontally it is not working as well but still does work.

Last edited:
Multi axis gyros. Surface gyros only compensate L/R, not any vertical inclination.

I guess what I am asking is if there is a certain brand / type I should be looking for that has a pretty simple function.
I would just want to avoid buying one that does not fit the need.

I guess what I am asking is if there is a certain brand / type I should be looking for that has a pretty simple function.
I would just want to avoid buying one that does not fit the need.
Definitely out of my wheelhouse. I’ve heard a friend who is a hard core fly-guy talking about 6-axis gyros. I’m going to see him on Thursday, I’ll pick his brain. I don’t know if these are married to any particular receiver or act as stand-alone gyros. I’ll see what he has to say.

Definitely out of my wheelhouse. I’ve heard a friend who is a hard core fly-guy talking about 6-axis gyros. I’m going to see him on Thursday, I’ll pick his brain. I don’t know if these are married to any particular receiver or act as stand-alone gyros. I’ll see what he has to say.
I appreciate it.

I spoke to my friend this morning, and he gave me a link to one he uses. He said it’s possible to configure it multiple ways, and it should be pretty easy to set it up for active aero on front and rear spoilers as well as side “winglets” so I guess that would also translate to most applications I could envision on your boat project?
https://www.motionrc.com/products/eagle-a3-mini-6-axis-airplane-gyro-standard-edition-hea3mini
Thanks!
Looks to be priced reasonably too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back