Limitless Having issues with my limitless setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I have a new xlx I ordered. I tested the cap pack and it seems to be functioning properly. I am worried to connect the motor. Could it be the problem? Is there any way to test it? I don’t want another blown xlx. I have sent the blown one in to castle for them to diagnose.

Ok so I have a new xlx I ordered. I tested the cap pack and it seems to be functioning properly. I am worried to connect the motor. Could it be the problem? Is there any way to test it? I don’t want another blown xlx. I have sent the blown one in to castle for them to diagnose.
Following this video would tell you if one of the motor windings was bad or shorted.
I have seen rare situations where the motor was the cause of the issues....

Following this video would tell you if one of the motor windings was bad or shorted.
I have seen rare situations where the motor was the cause of the issues....

Does the drill RPM have any impact here? If you had a two speed drill, would you expect the same determination wether you used speed 1 or 2? I wonder if that has been tested?

Does the drill RPM have any impact here? If you had a two speed drill, would you expect the same determination wether you used speed 1 or 2? I wonder if that has been tested?
The output of the motor will change, but overall you are looking to make sure all 3 of the windings are pretty similar. If one is way off then it is likely you have a bad motor/damage to the wire enamel inside creating a short.

Ok, I would like to update this thread I just ran a 119mph pass on 6s with 34/34 gearing.

I ordered another xlx and have been increasing my speed by changing settings in the xlx and keeping my finger in the throttle longer changed to S3 GRP tires and working on aero. I have been battling ripple with a killmode 4 cap pack so I just added another I haven't looked at the logs to see if it's reduced but I have 16uf of capacitors on there.

I have ordered turnigy graphene batteries and they are on the way. I want to break 120 and then I will have to set a new goal.

Castle is replacing my xlx under warranty for free. They are backordered however so who knows when I will get that.
img_4554-jpg.66481
IMG_4555.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4554.jpg
    IMG_4554.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Congrats on the 119 run. I have seen a few people run right at 120mph using 34/34 with the castle 1515 on the Limitless. Maybe batteries or messing with timing can get you 1-2 more mph.

Last edited:
That is the stock gearing for the Infraction out of the box, that said I found it ran it hot and usually ESC shut down due to temps. I have found going a 20t Pinion and 50T Spur is a very good sweet spot. Decent top speed, can still hit about 52-55mph tops, good acceleration if you do some lil fun track racing, best of all, way lower temps all around!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back