Infraction Hello, question, my monster x8s with 6s turned off.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BryrcNite

Reaction score
I use a tp power 4070cm with 30t gear and 29t spurgear (I deactivated the protector), how do i stop it from shutting down? i set my mamba for a soft start and i have the rc control set to soft trigger start. will a mamba xlx2 be necessary? thanks

What do you mean ”6s turned off” and “deactivated the protector?”
I’m just not following. Which Mamba ESC is it?

What do you mean ”6s turned off” and “deactivated the protector?”
I’m just not following. Which Mamba ESC is it?
I mean it shut down during the race, but now it's still running. In the settings the cutoft voltage is in No Cutoff mode, esc is Mamba monster x 8s

If it happens again, look at the color and sequence of the flashing LED on the ESC. That will give you a diagnosis. MMX8s is a great ESC. It may have shut down due to heat. (Thermal cut.). Do you have a temp gun? Watch the temperature on your motor and ESC.

If it happens again, look at the color and sequence of the flashing LED on the ESC. That will give you a diagnosis. MMX8s is a great ESC. It may have shut down due to heat. (Thermal cut.). Do you have a temp gun? Watch the temperature on your motor and ESC.
I don't have one but I checked it by hand the motor (the motor has two heatsinks and each heatsink has 2 fans) and esc were warm, it shut off before overheating, it was when the sun was about to set. at dusk.

It certainly is a high gear ratio for 'racing', especially if its a 2700kv 4070CM. I assume it's a 1/7 scale onroad, right? If its something with bigger wheels it's likely too much for a MMX8S.
Checking the logs with castle link will certainly help to tell what reason for shutting down is.

What kv is the motor?
What kind of racing?
Can you post a pic of the data log?
Captura de pantalla (995).png

It certainly is a high gear ratio for 'racing', especially if its a 2700kv 4070CM. I assume it's a 1/7 scale onroad, right? If its something with bigger wheels it's likely too much for a MMX8S.
Checking the logs with castle link will certainly help to tell what reason for shutting down is.
it is a 2950kv 4070CM, grp tires

I use a tp power 4070cm with 30t gear and 29t spurgear (I deactivated the protector), how do i stop it from shutting down? i set my mamba for a soft start and i have the rc control set to soft trigger start. will a mamba xlx2 be necessary? thanks
What is a soft start? Excuse my ignorance I’m not as seasoned as most. Would love more information though 🤙

I don't know much about it but if this is the last log
That log doesn’t look like an actual run. Make sure your data log is cleared out, do another run, and post the log here. That log should tell us everything we need to know.

But if I had to guess, the MMX8S can’t handle the motor, gearing, and type of driving you are doing.

That log doesn’t look like an actual run. Make sure your data log is cleared out, do another run, and post the log here. That log should tell us everything we need to know.

But if I had to guess, the MMX8S can’t handle the motor, gearing, and type of driving you are doing.
if i try it again and it turns off, will the esc be damaged?
I have the log downloaded, how can I share a file?

if i try it again and it turns off, will the esc be damaged?
I have the log downloaded, how can I share a file?
Yes, the ESC could be damaged if you do it again. Probably not, but there’s some risk.

If you have the log from that run, it’s probably easiest if you just screenshot iy and post it here. Feel free to PM me the file if you’re having trouble posting a screenshot.

What is a soft start? Excuse my ignorance I’m not as seasoned as most. Would love more information though 🤙
(ESC) Start power option is set to low, punch control is disabled, transmitter THSPEED is set to 0%, THEXP (fwd-crv) is set to straight linear climb to be able to run without hard accelerations.

(ESC) Start power option is set to low, punch control is disabled, transmitter THSPEED is set to 0%, THEXP (fwd-crv) is set to straight linear climb to be able to run without hard accelerations.
In what other applications would this method be needed? Interesting enough I didn’t even know this but I’m sure these settings are for specific ESC models?

punch control is disabled,
Heads up that Castle ESCs work differently for punch settings. Punch control disabled or at 0% means maximum punch (fastest start). Punch control at 100% means minimum punch (slowest start).

https://mega.nz/folder/34oAwaIJ#DUU_KILQtBdywiNF0ZmOtA
Here is the file if you want to see it.
do foam tires work well, which one do you recommend?
Screenshot of your log is below. This still looks like the log of a bench test versus an actual run. Maximum current is only 16.5 amps while it should be in the hundreds.

1698585824424.png

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back