HELLRZR 6s Infraction MEGA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Mega 2WD
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Infraction 4x4
So I trashed the stock body. Put a preview out on the build thread. I wanted to wait for ROTM to post finished photos and just wanted to post up a quick thread with a few pics here.
This is the first body I have painted in 20 years. I really like the colors I went with but this Proline 72 C10 body fought me the whole way. Washed with Dawn then gave it a little scuffing with a Dawn abbrasive pad then another bath with soap and water. Rubber gloves and the whole 9 and the paint just didn't want to lay down right. I ordered it off Amazon so who knows maybe it's been in the back of a warehouse in China for the last 10 years. Anyway, by some miracle I was able to end up with a finished product I am happy with.I also had to make body posts out of round stock aluminum for the right ride height.What do you guys think?
20221111_194003.jpg
20221111_180603.jpg
20221111_193946.jpg
20221111_180348.jpg

Gets my vote for ROTM.:) Nice job.
What paint brand did you use?
I tried the rest. But stay with Tamiya PS rattle cans only now and for years. Yeah costs a bit more. But worth not ruining a $body$. Best IMHO.
Many Very light coats is the best way. Heat gun between coats. I place my cans in Hot water for like 5 minutes. Best pressure and spray tip pattern results. No spray dribbling or tip splatter.
Heavy coats tend to separate from the Lexan and paint separates easier. Lighter, thinner layered coats stay flexible with impacts. Paint needs to setup well using a heat gun between each coat. So thick heavy coats work against you.
I have a 6s Infr. in that color. (y)
My spin.

Last edited:
So I trashed the stock body. Put a preview out on the build thread. I wanted to wait for ROTM to post finished photos and just wanted to post up a quick thread with a few pics here.
This is the first body I have painted in 20 years. I really like the colors I went with but this Proline 72 C10 body fought me the whole way. Washed with Dawn then gave it a little scuffing with a Dawn abbrasive pad then another bath with soap and water. Rubber gloves and the whole 9 and the paint just didn't want to lay down right. I ordered it off Amazon so who knows maybe it's been in the back of a warehouse in China for the last 10 years. Anyway, by some miracle I was able to end up with a finished product I am happy with.I also had to make body posts out of round stock aluminum for the right ride height.What do you guys think?View attachment 256460View attachment 256461View attachment 256467View attachment 256466

Nice & clean.
I love it! 👍

Gets my vote for ROTM.:) Nice job.
What paint brand did you use?
Thank you sir! That means a lot to me coming from you! I used Tamiya paint but did not do any of your tricks or use a heat gun. Will definitely try those on the next one!
Nice my boy.. wonder if you could get those shoes in an offset!! 😎
Thanks bro! GRP's. I like the tucked look and I turn my dual rate way down so the tires won't scrub the body and my lack of skill driving doesn't send me out of control @75+🤣🤣
Nice my boy.. wonder if you could get those shoes in an offset!! 😎
Thanks bro! GRP's. I like the tucked look and I turn my dual rate way down so the tires won't scrub the body and my lack of skill driving doesn't send me out of control @75+🤣🤣
Nice & clean.
I love it! 👍
Thank you sir! Again, means alot coming from the guys on here

Last edited:
This is the first body I have painted in 20 years. I really like the colors I went with but this Proline 72 C10 body fought me the whole way. Washed with Dawn then gave it a little scuffing with a Dawn abbrasive pad then another bath with soap and water. Rubber gloves and the whole 9 and the paint just didn't want to lay down right. I ordered it off Amazon so who knows maybe it's been in the back of a warehouse in China for the last 10 years. Anyway, by some miracle I was able to end up with a finished product I am happy with.I also had to make body posts out of round stock aluminum for the right ride height.What do you guys think?View attachment 256460View attachment 256461View attachment 256467View attachment 256466
Lovin it man!! Great job! (y) 🍻

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back