Typhon Help! Brand New Typhon 3s Not Working Out of the Box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just watched the ESC programming video (which is very helpful - thanks) and that's the exact way I've been trying to do it from the very start. It will not beep with the throttle pulled in forward or reverse. Neutral single beep only and after that, nothing.

How do you reset the ESC?
Have you ever unplugged the ESC from the receiver? Of so, make sure you have the polarity correct. Black wire towards the outside of the receiver. Just spitballing here.

Have you ever unplugged the ESC from the receiver? Of so, make sure you have the polarity correct. Black wire towards the outside of the receiver. Just spitballing here.

That's one of the first things I checked. Everything was disconnected and reconnected properly.
Another brainfart: do you have steering? Maybe you first need to (re)bind the radio and receiver.
Here you can find the manual if it's not in yours:

https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=SPMSTX200

I have steering. Works great. I re-bound the tx and receiver last night as a fix and it did nothing to rectify the issue.

Something is fishy with all this.. if that's the procedure your following then it's not getting signal from the rx.. where are you located? Is there anyone close to you that can take a look at it.. I feel something is being overlooked here...
A factory reset on the esc isn't going to work for you.. its waiting on a signal that's not provided.. so a reset wont help unfortunately

So after speaking to the hobby shop I ordered the buggy from and then being directed to Horizon Hobby and waiting on hold for an HOUR to speak to a tech rep the tech said it's 100% a faulty ESC and new one will be in the mail today. Unfortunately it'll be a couple weeks before I get it as I'm in Canada but at least the part will be incoming. The tech guy wouldn't give a direct answer when I asked him but he seemed to insinuate that it's a relatively common issue.

When I have some time later I'll swap CH1 & CH2 and see what happens to be sure of the issue. I'll also report back once I get the new ESC. Definitely a bummer to wait another 2 weeks but it is what it is. Other than being on hold for an hour Horizon's and Great Hobbies in Canada customer service has been excellent.

So after speaking to the hobby shop I ordered the buggy from and then being directed to Horizon Hobby and waiting on hold for an HOUR to speak to a tech rep the tech said it's 100% a faulty ESC and new one will be in the mail today. Unfortunately it'll be a couple weeks before I get it as I'm in Canada but at least the part will be incoming. The tech guy wouldn't give a direct answer when I asked him but he seemed to insinuate that it's a relatively common issue.

When I have some time later I'll swap CH1 & CH2 and see what happens to be sure of the issue. I'll also report back once I get the new ESC. Definitely a bummer to wait another 2 weeks but it is what it is. Other than being on hold for an hour Horizon's and Great Hobbies in Canada customer service has been excellent.
I always use the call back option. Works great. Happy to hear they got you sorted ???

So I swapped the CH1 & CH2 and the steering wheel controls the throttle and the trigger/throttle still does nothing.

What does that tell me? Is it the ESC? To me that would seem like a transmitter/receiver issue and not the ESC like the tech at Horizon thought it was.

Thoughts?

So I swapped the CH1 & CH2 and the steering wheel controls the throttle and the trigger/throttle still does nothing.

What does that tell me? Is it the ESC? To me that would seem like a transmitter/receiver issue and not the ESC like the tech at Horizon thought it was.

Thoughts?
get back on the horn with Horizon and ask them to send you a new radio and receiver as well. Call first thing tomorrow and if they don't answer, use the call back function. Make sure you tell them about everything you've done so far.

Thoughts?
Sounds like radio for sure

Just got off the phone with Horizon and they are going to send me a new craptacular STX2. Unfortunately the ESC had't shipped yet but this tech (a different one from yesterday) said that after switching the channels in the receiver it is for sure the radio/receiver. It'll ship Monday and it'll be at least 2 weeks until I can see if it works. Fingers crossed.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their help and assistance. I'll report back once I get the new radio. Hopefully this one isn't DOA too.

Just ordered a FlySky GT5. How Arrma gets away with using such garbage radios is ridiculous.

They're on top of the radio and negative feedback. Prior to V4 they provided an excellent rtr radio system comparatively and got away with it. I think they're still a good pickup and possibly here on the forum for 35 or 40 bucks. lol
But anyway, I think we'll see improvement with the rtr radios though because there's no question these guys pay attention to community feedback. And they know what's in the package now sucks.

I have a Flysky FSGT5 just sitting on the shelf collecting dust, and still use the STX2. I even tell people to buy the Flysky in my Kraton upgrade video, lol.

Honestly, just launching the truck in the air and doing backflips and stuff, it works fine for me.

Received the FlySky GT5 today, installed the receiver, went through the setup and... beep, beep beep, beep beep beep!!! Finally! Worked first try like the stock one should have. Really happy with the buggy so far. It rips. The GT5 seems excellent as well. Well made and feels great in hand.

Horizon is sending me another remote/receiver in the mail that I'll sell to try and offset the cost of the new GT5 somewhat. I'm guessing the receiver will work fine but the remote is dead so I'll have 2 receivers, 1 working remote, and 1dead one to sell. No idea what they're worth. If anyone wants them hit me up.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their time, help, and guidance. Looking forward to the Typhon.

Received the FlySky GT5 today, installed the receiver, went through the setup and... beep, beep beep, beep beep beep!!! Finally! Worked first try like the stock one should have. Really happy with the buggy so far. It rips. The GT5 seems excellent as well. Well made and feels great in hand.

Horizon is sending me another remote/receiver in the mail that I'll sell to try and offset the cost of the new GT5 somewhat. I'm guessing the receiver will work fine but the remote is dead so I'll have 2 receivers, 1 working remote, and 1dead one to sell. No idea what they're worth. If anyone wants them hit me up.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their time, help, and guidance. Looking forward to the Typhon.
Ummm you will have better luck selling ice to an Eskimo. ???✌

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back