Help choosing a charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey ,the blind tends to lead the blind as they say. Enjoy all their content, if you will. As many do. My message was for others here ,not necessarily you. You already got this stuff "down". Hey you offered help. That's good.
My then 10 yo son subed them and they were both very rude to his one comment. He was merely politely correcting them on a clear mistake, misinformation. And he was correct. I was shocked when my son showed me it. Screw them. They come off as the be all end all RC'ers. Spare me. Don't ever criticize them? They got you all sucked in.
They are not all that. IMHO. Never will be. Just sponsored wannabe RC'ers with a Shtick that keeps their followers coming. I am all too familiar with them. They all too comedic for me. No value to their content.
(n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n)
We just agree to differ.
No problem but take the venting to the source and not the messenger.
I don't even bother with the YT comments and take the video for what it is worth.
This video seemed to provide the information asked for.

I take charging and lipos way more seriously than some others. Need to be safe first in this hobby. I can't express that enough to those new to it.
I just pointed out a better source, and there are others.
You are not the first I commented on regarding these particular influencers. You are not alone. My son got into them and is smart for an RC'er at his age. I let him follow them, because it portrays a family into RC's. It's more of a comedy show. I watched them with my son for some years And it is clear who wears the pants. A dysfunctional tag team there. Only my opinion. He should stay with Air RC's. Where he started. They push products that they get for free. The garbage and all. And present them with barely any knowledge. Ill prepared. They are quite rude and pompous as it turns out. To my then 10yo son. I also let them personally know how I felt about that.
@Jamr, no harm no foul.

Last edited:
Again, thank you all for the guidance. This forum is a wealth of information, and readily shared. I'll be back on after I've broken my truck.

Don't break your truck. Whatever you do. Don't say that. Bad Karma...:LOL:

Come on. You know it's going to happen. I'll be smiling when it does. The frown comes after.

Now that's a positive RC attitude.
Break, fix, repeat.

Calm down everyone. I went with the D300. I guess I just needed to pull the trigger on something to get rolling. Seems like a good choice. We'll see.
That’s what I have. Granted, I haven’t actually used it yet, but I’ve never seen a bad review on it. Seems like a great charger, from everything I’ve read/watched about it.

I appreciate that, and everyone else's
help on this. I went with a Gen ace D300. Should be here today. I'll give a review after I've used it a few times.

I must have missed this thread....
I would have suggested looking at Progressive RC's Signature Series charging cases.

I have one and it's probably the best investment I have made in the hobby.

They are far from inexpensive but someone once told me "buy once - cry once".

I must have missed this thread....
I would have suggested looking at Progressive RC's Signature Series charging cases.

I have one and it's probably the best investment I have made in the hobby.

They are far from inexpensive but someone once told me "buy once - cry once".
Well, if the D300 doesn't live up to the hype I will definitely look at that one.

+1 for the gensacearespammers Imars D300. Every feature you’d want and it was my first time being able to charge 6s batteries at 9+ amps without an external power supply. Not that I do 9 amps often, but it’s a nice option if you’re in a pinch or want to charge 2 different 6s batteries at 4+ amps each.
Hey beenjammin, I need some help with my D300. I have two 3S 6000mAh 85C batteries. They are connected and I'm setting them up to charge. I've selected "Balance" as the task. If I do that does it balance the cells then automatically charge? Going through the rest of the parameters I set the cell voltage to 3.67 for the 11.1 total voltage of the batteries. Is that correct, or should I be going higher? The setting that really has me baffled is the "target current". The choices are 15.8A, 15.9A, or 16A. None of them seem to be correct according to what I've been reading. The manual for this unit is nearly worthless. I did pick up a 2S gensacearespammers G-tech battery for the heck of it. Of course, I had no problems charging that since it did everything for me. But setting up a standard battery has me more than a little apprehensive. Can you help me out? After all, I bought this because you recommended it. So I'm going to need you to come here and hold my hand through the 1st couple of cycles. Or maybe just throw me some of your wisdom. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey beenjammin, I need some help with my D300. I have two 3S 6000mAh 85C batteries. They are connected and I'm setting them up to charge. I've selected "Balance" as the task. If I do that does it balance the cells then automatically charge? Going through the rest of the parameters I set the cell voltage to 3.67 for the 11.1 total voltage of the batteries. Is that correct, or should I be going higher? The setting that really has me baffled is the "target current". The choices are 15.8A, 15.9A, or 16A. None of them seem to be correct according to what I've been reading. The manual for this unit is nearly worthless. I did pick up a 2S gensacearespammers G-tech battery for the heck of it. Of course, I had no problems charging that since it did everything for me. But setting up a standard battery has me more than a little apprehensive. Can you help me out? After all, I bought this because you recommended it. So I'm going to need you to come here and hold my hand through the 1st couple of cycles. Or maybe just throw me some of your wisdom. Any help would be appreciated.
Modern chargers balance as they charge anyway. Look for a normal charge function.

target current will scroll down to 1amp for 6000mah battery you want to charging at 6amps
Thank you. I had balance selected as the task, and it wouldn't scroll down to a lower amperage. Although I'm 2nd guessing myself on that now. Maybe I didn't try. Anyway, I changed the task to charge and was able to select 6 amps.
Ixm not sure if this is a problem or not, but after charging was complete I noticed that none of the cells had the same voltage. They were off by .03 volts, and possibly more. Wish I had written down the numbers. Also, they are 6000mAh batteries but neither of them, per the data on the charger, had anywhere close to that. One was around 3900mA and the other was much lower. Maybe my perception of the parameter was wrong. But I would have expected the values to be pretty similar considering they are both brand new batteries.

I've noticed that as well but when I check with voltage/balance checker they usually show dead on so I wouldn't worry about that . the D300 is a great little charger.
the mA you are seeing is the amount that it took to bring it from storage voltage to full charge.

Last edited:
I got the G-Tech, as well as 1 of their batteries. It's definitely nice to be able to simply plug it in and let it do it's thing. So far so good with the charger. However, the manual is all but useless. It lacks any guidance to those who know nothing about all of the tasks involved in battery maintenance. I'm learning as I go, and hoping I don't have any hard lessons.

Back