Infraction Help getting my Infraction 3S to 100MPH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe you would need the typhon cvd axles an axle stubs for those..I've tried the HR +10mm adapters an the cheap narrower ones on ebay..imo the cheap ones are better,lot less wobble..you could go to JENNYRC an see if those hexs only fit the bigger axles stubs.id just go with the cheap 18$ ones have worked great for me
Okay I think I see what's going on, the Typhon actually has a different axle than all of the 3s line. The detta/infraction is the same ARA310995, the BR/Senton/Granite/Vortek is the same ARAC9443, but the Typhon is ARA310905 since it's the only one in the line that uses 17mm hex.
I also found a video that Earl Moorhead did swapping over the detta body onto an infraction, and it really wasn't hard.
So going to do the 17mm conversion with the shorter axles, grp's, detta body, antenna mod for a little better reception, better 4s pack like a cnhl and see where that gets me. Even if I do decide to go with a castle esc and tp motor like you suggested, I would still need to get these things in place anyway, so won't be money down the drain.

Hey guys, alright so I'm looking for some help/advice on getting my 3S Infraction to 100mph. I'm very new to the hobby, but I've been doing quite a bit of research and messing around. My aim is to just be able to grab a triple digit speed run then turn it back into a parking lot basher.
So here's the breakdown of what's done:

-Spektrum 130A esc
-Ovonic 100C 6000mah 4S pack
-20K oil up front, stock 10K rear (rear shocks tightened all the way down, front is stock)
-Aero kit from ACJMods (Carbon front splitter, rear winglets, high speed wing)
-Power Hobby fans for esc and motor
-Hoons gold (I know, after reading I found out these aren't necessarily the best for high speed runs)
-Everything else is stock (motor, 26T pinion, slipper etc)
View attachment 258453View attachment 258454View attachment 258455View attachment 258456

This setup got me 85mph running out of range (which makes me believe that I can get to 100mph with a few more tweaks). I'm trying to not do anything too drastic, it's going to spend most of it's life a basher.

These are the plans I had in mind (hopefully I'm on the right track)
-Going to do the receiver antenna mod that Earl Moorhead did to his Vendetta for more range (pulled the box and stretched the antenna out the pole into the cabin), Also going to bring a ladder to stand on
-30T pinion
-Was thinking of the silver hoons (unless there's a better option still retaining the 14mm hex)

The car is somewhat stable now at that speed (sure as hell wasn't before, had a few takeoff flights)
But is there anything else I could do to try keeping it planted to the ground (someone suggested putting back on the stock clear wing and cut it down in the middle for less drag).
I know a lot of people would probably just go with the vendetta, but I love the look of the infraction, hoping I can get it done. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Why don’t you try the delta plastics WR body and then once you’ve got 100mph out of it put the infraction body back on it

Why don’t you try the delta plastics WR body and then once you’ve got 100mph out of it put the infraction body back on it
I actually went the vendetta route, so I got the body, a set of XM7 GRP's, and as suggested I got some better 4s packs (CNHL) and am currently waiting for my Monster 2 to come in. Definitely don't want to make it solely a speed-runner, so I'm trying not to change too much.

I just did 100mph with 1 cnhl 70c 6000mah pack..I'm running mmx8s esc an tp4050cm 3800kv on 27/36 gearing...this would only be possible with castle 8s esc...only mmx8s,xlx,xlx2 are capable of over 200a....I pulled 350a on this pull...with 2 3s packs in parallel car is capable of 124mph on 2 3s packs still running 11.1v.more packs equal less voltage drop an more power...

View attachment 258587

View attachment 258588

View attachment 258589
I'm impressed that the center stock shaft took that speed.i allways thought it would need to be more solid than what stock offers🤟😁👍nice job

I actually went the vendetta route, so I got the body, a set of XM7 GRP's, and as suggested I got some better 4s packs (CNHL) and am currently waiting for my Monster 2 to come in. Definitely don't want to make it solely a speed-runner, so I'm trying not to change too much.
Fair enough.If you do it on the cheap can you send me the links on where to get the stuff you put in your car to me

I'm impressed that the center stock shaft took that speed.i allways thought it would need to be more solid than what stock offers🤟😁👍nice job
I've got 3 supports on it,vibrations are what kill it

16733493433245879290311885735130.jpg

View attachment 268709
It's expected on those speeds..not much you can do..the aluminum shafts suck..so don't waste your money on them .

View attachment 268709
I find that vibration isn't from the shaft but from the out put spline from the slipper to the input of the shaft..the spline has to much play ..at low speeds you won't feel it but as you start hitting those speeds above 65 and above the vibration happens..

Last edited:
Good morning @K-BASH is that motor a TP 4030?
Tp4060cm-3480kv..
Tp4060cm-3480kv..
I cut the 2inch piece off another shaft that holds bearing ,drilled it for a tight fit over shaft for a support towards front where shaft was vibrating so bad it was coming into contact with servo mount....haven't tested yet, but expect gains...

Tp4060cm-3480kv..

I cut the 2inch piece off another shaft that holds bearing ,drilled it for a tight fit over shaft for a support towards front where shaft was vibrating so bad it was coming into contact with servo mount....haven't tested yet, but expect gains...
Thank you

It's expected on those speeds..not much you can do..the aluminum shafts suck..so don't waste your money on them .

I find that vibration isn't from the shaft but from the out put spline from the slipper to the input of the shaft..the spline has to much play ..at low speeds you won't feel it but as you start hitting those speeds above 65 and above the vibration happens..
It's the same with metal chassis cars..longer the shaft the more vibrations, they just wanna fold in half unless supported...I've run 150mph with stock typhon metal centershafts on metal chassis car..longer wheelbase cars need 200$ centershafts to stay together
I've got vendetta reconfigured for some big 400 amp speed for next season. Still working on things..used a 5$ XO-1 center brace for esc mount...I had mmx8s maxed out so need xlx2 to progress

20230101_205531.jpg

20230101_205630.jpg

Last edited:
It's the same with metal chassis cars..longer the shaft the more vibrations, they just wanna fold in half unless supported...I've run 150mph with stock typhon metal centershafts on metal chassis car..longer wheelbase cars need 200$ centershafts to stay together
I've got vendetta reconfigured for some big 400 amp speed for next season. Still working on things..used a 5$ XO-1 center brace for esc mount...I had mmx8s maxed out so need xlx2 to progress

View attachment 268747

View attachment 268748
That motor and esc combo could set your car on fire like in one of raz shifrins videos

View attachment 268747

View attachment 268748
Where did you get the side fenders from I’ve been looking for some for mine and can’t find them anywhere
I've already ran this setup without any issues.100s of hits
fair enough

Where did you get the side fenders from I’ve been looking for some for mine and can’t find them anywhere

fair enough
I try to re-purpose things instead of buy aftermarket if all possible. Those are the sidegaurds off a big rock I think,just mounted sideways.heres this setup on 3s..Great sounding motor

Hey thanks for the response man, I've seen and read quite a few of your posts, awesome stuff.
To be honest, the car isn't going to be a speed runner, I just want to grab a 100mph pass and be happy, so trying my best to do it without changing too much.
But then again, I'm very impulsive, so if after trying this route I still can't get there, I just might have to grab a combo like you suggested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2345895732...qtE9vE4Rua&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
It was good while it lasted, I flipped the car and wrecked it...lol
Yeah you need to watch and test out you range first.
I usualy like to get a couple of good PB's myself, before I retire it to the bashing thing.

Hey guys, alright so I'm looking for some help/advice on getting my 3S Infraction to 100mph. I'm very new to the hobby, but I've been doing quite a bit of research and messing around. My aim is to just be able to grab a triple digit speed run then turn it back into a parking lot basher.
So here's the breakdown of what's done:

-Spektrum 130A esc
-Ovonic 100C 6000mah 4S pack
-20K oil up front, stock 10K rear (rear shocks tightened all the way down, front is stock)
-Aero kit from ACJMods (Carbon front splitter, rear winglets, high speed wing)
-Power Hobby fans for esc and motor
-Hoons gold (I know, after reading I found out these aren't necessarily the best for high speed runs)
-Everything else is stock (motor, 26T pinion, slipper etc)
View attachment 258453View attachment 258454View attachment 258455View attachment 258456

This setup got me 85mph running out of range (which makes me believe that I can get to 100mph with a few more tweaks). I'm trying to not do anything too drastic, it's going to spend most of it's life a basher.

These are the plans I had in mind (hopefully I'm on the right track)
-Going to do the receiver antenna mod that Earl Moorhead did to his Vendetta for more range (pulled the box and stretched the antenna out the pole into the cabin), Also going to bring a ladder to stand on
-30T pinion
-Was thinking of the silver hoons (unless there's a better option still retaining the 14mm hex)

The car is somewhat stable now at that speed (sure as hell wasn't before, had a few takeoff flights)
But is there anything else I could do to try keeping it planted to the ground (someone suggested putting back on the stock clear wing and cut it down in the middle for less drag).
I know a lot of people would probably just go with the vendetta, but I love the look of the infraction, hoping I can get it done. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
I got a 3s Infraction too. The silvers do better than the golds for me.
Following. I like that rear wing... I may need to pick one up.
I got one. Much better!

I got a 3s Infraction too. The silvers do better than the golds for me.

I got one. Much better!
But I saw an earlier post about cutting the stock lexan one out in back. I never tried that. Just put it up saved it & went w the 3d wing. I'm completely stock except tires & wing & hit 54 on stock gearing w a crappy 3s battery & 57 w/ a Proline Mustang body.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back