HELP!!!! Lipo package gets stopped by customs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mechanicos

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton EXB
I am really desperate, lipos are no longer allowed to be shipped by air, all my orders are stopped and returned by customs in Germany. However there is only one hobby shop in Finland EuroRC that has the shipping option "DHL Express Lipo Batteries" but they are expensive and have very few options.

From what i understand to be able to ship lipos with DHL you need to be registered but no other hobby shop is willing to do that. They all say that they cannot ship Lipos and just don't bother. Also most shops don't ship to Cyprus in general.

They don't ship to Cyprus

Is it possible to ship them to a friend in Anamur..? And you go across on a ferry to pick them up later, at your convenience..

Just found out about ''forwarding services'', meaning that if one shop does not ship to your country you can use this services to receive and forward you package to you. But then restrictions for lipo batteries apply, but at least they seam to know-how and are willing to guide you through the process.

the bad thing is that for 3S Lipos 11.1V you can only ship up to 5200mah capacity. so i should forget about the GA 6800mah 120C

Just found out about ''forwarding services'', meaning that if one shop does not ship to your country you can use this services to receive and forward you package to you. But then restrictions for lipo batteries apply, but at least they seam to know-how and are willing to guide you through the process.

the bad thing is that for 3S Lipos 11.1V you can only ship up to 5200mah capacity. so i should forget about the GA 6800mah 120C
As my father used to say, "better than a kick in the arse with a frozen boot".

Back