Help needed please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shandydrinker

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Nero
I have an arrma Nero and afternoon running for about 2 to 3 minutes it stops and wont move. The steering still operates but no throttle. If I turn the car off and back on again it works again for another couple of minutes. Batteries are charged.

im lost as to what the fault may be. Can anyone help and point me in the right direction please

I would try it again and see if the ESC has a red blinking light when the throttle cuts out. That is what is supposed to happen if the ESC senses the batteries are low. Lipo batteries are sensitive to low voltage and can get damaged if it runs too far below 3.2V per cell. So the ESC will cut all power to the motor, but you will still have steering. What kind of battery and charger are you using?

You've either hit low voltage cut off, thermal cut off or there is something putting extra strain on your motor stressing the esc and forcing shut off...

Does it roll freely? Can you spin you motor by hand? Is it particularly hot where you are?

I tend to agree with everyone here, sounds like your battery is not fully charged for whatever reason...

OK. So each pack should be at 12.6V (if Im not mistaken) or so when fully charged. Can you use your meter and check? Also when you run it again next time when the motor stops remove the body with it still on and see if the ESC red light is blinking. It might just be your batteries are low which could be bad battery or charger.

And Im assuming you are using a loop connector?

How are you charging the batteries? With or without balancer?

You've either hit low voltage cut off, thermal cut off or there is something putting extra strain on your motor stressing the esc and forcing shut off...

Does it roll freely? Can you spin you motor by hand? Is it particularly hot where you are?

I tend to agree with everyone here, sounds like your battery is not fully charged for whatever reason...
I’m in uk so not hot climate lol
How are you charging the batteries? With or without balancer?
With balancer

I’m in uk so not hot climate lol

With balancer
You should check your batteries, at full charge each cell should read 4.2 volts. I'm assuming you are using a lipo balance charger and aren't draining the batteries lower than 3.2 volts per cell. If any of my assumptions are incorrect this might be the issue. At any rate, sounds like your battery is dying or maybe the motor has collected too much dirt or wore out its bearings?

Then please first double check what your ESC says next time.

Can your charger also double check the internal resistance? Similar behavior may occur when it is too high.

May missed it, but what are the exact specs of the batteries? Both the same?

Yep, gotta check the ESC next time, too many possible causes but the ESC should throw an error if there's an issue ;)

Double check that your ESC fan is running. I had the same issue but did not notice as I have dual YR fans on the motor.
I’d turn the car off, get another 5mins and then it would cut out again but still have steering. A green blinking light would illuminate on the ESC. Pushed the connector back down and she was all good.
On my Kraton the car won’t run above 15k/hr before cut out on LVC.

Double check that your ESC fan is running. I had the same issue but did not notice as I have dual YR fans on the motor.
I’d turn the car off, get another 5mins and then it would cut out again but still have steering. A green blinking light would illuminate on the ESC. Pushed the connector back down and she was all good.
On my Kraton the car won’t run above 15k/hr before cut out on LVC.
It'd likely be hitting thermal cut off if the fan isn't working but this is another possibility...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back