Kraton Help! too chicken s**t to dismantle new kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harlon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hello all. I just recently got my first real rc vehicle and have been watching all you guys take apart your rides like a boss on youtube for cleaning and installing awsome upgrades. I wanna do this so bad but I'm terrified that I'm going to brake my expensive truck or not be able to put it back together?‍♂️. Any one else go through this when they first started??‍♂️ And if so, how did you over come the fear of botching your new rc truck. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanx!???

n youtube for cleaning and installing awsome upgrades. I wanna do this so bad but I'm terrified that I'm going to brake my expensive truck or not be able to put it back together?‍♂️. Any one else go through this when they first started??‍♂️ And if so, how did you over come the fear of botching your new rc truck. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanx!???
I feel ya bro.
I'm also in the same boat.... the most I've done is play with the centre diff and the gear mesh, new pinion installation. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I have not had any accidents or need to repair anything as yet.
We'll get there eventually, but it may take a couple of accidents haha.
Next maintenance for me will be diff fluids - you can't leave them forever so I'm gonna have to bite the bullet eventually! (as will you).

Hello all. I just recently got my first real rc vehicle and have been watching all you guys take apart your rides like a boss on youtube for cleaning and installing awsome upgrades. I wanna do this so bad but I'm terrified that I'm going to brake my expensive truck or not be able to put it back together?‍♂️. Any one else go through this when they first started??‍♂️ And if so, how did you over come the fear of botching your new rc truck. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanx!???
It was easy for me BC I used to work on 1:1 vehicles, but still had to learn a trick or two for some things, like heating up things to release that damn red loctite on certain components. Do you have a LHS close to you that could help if you mess up? Do you have good hex tools? Just take your time and do one section of your vehicle at a time. Good luck! It's fun! The good news is that Arrmas are very easy to work on.

I feel ya bro.
I'm also in the same boat.... the most I've done is play with the centre diff and the gear mesh, new pinion installation. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I have not had any accidents or need to repair anything as yet.
We'll get there eventually, but it may take a couple of accidents haha.
Next maintenance for me will be diff fluids - you can't leave them forever so I'm gonna have to bite the bullet eventually! (as will you).
Yes the diffs are definitely my first project but I wanna put sealed bearings throughout the vehicle but you really need to know what your doing for that. Seems like an extremely intimidating job. Like you said, its gana take some accidents to brave a serious dismantle lol. At least I'm not alone lol thanks bro ??
Drive it as-is for a couple weeks and the newness will wear off and you’ll be ready to dive right in. ?
I will definitely do that. I haven't even got the lipos for it yet and I'm already wanting to upgrade it lol what's wrong with me ?‍♂️ thanks man ?
It was easy for me BC I used to work on 1:1 vehicles, but still had to learn a trick or two for some things, like heating up things to release that damn red loctite on certain components. Do you have a LHS close to you that could help if you mess up? Do you have good hex tools? Just take your time and do one section of your vehicle at a time. Good luck! It's fun! The good news is that Arrmas are very easy to work on.
I do have a Lhs near me. I would think they know how to work on arrmas . I'm gana stop in their tomorrow and talk to them. Thanks man ?

Here you go man. Do you have a 6S Kraton? If so, browse through this Tekno ET48.3 build manual. It will help familiarize yourself with the Kraton. It’s not exactly the same but it’s close enough that you will know what you’re doing and what to expect when cracking open the diff cases and diffs.

It’s really not too bad. Just take your time and when possible, put screws back into their hole as you disassemble. This will help when it comes time to put it back together and you won’t need to try and remember which screw goes where.

https://wwwcdn.teknorc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/ET48.3instructions.pdf

Here you go man. Do you have a 6S Kraton? If so, browse through this Tekno ET48.3 build manual. It will help familiarize yourself with the Kraton. It’s not exactly the same but it’s close enough that you will know what you’re doing and what to expect when cracking open the diff cases and diffs.

It’s really not too bad. Just take your time and when possible, put screws back into their hole as you disassemble. This will help when it comes time to put it back together and you won’t need to try and remember which screw goes where.

Thank you so much! This will definitely help. I was hoping their was a similar vehicle out their with a good manual. ??

I used to take pictures with my phone as I went along. Until you are familiar with the truck, that helps a lot ???
Yes, you mentioned that in your 8s bearing replacement video and I thought that was a great idea! That vid made me want to do all the bearings in my 6s lol. I'm definitely going to start snapping pics and even making vids...thanks bro! ??

All good advice above. When I started I used the exploded view manuals to see how things go back together. There are lots of informational videos on YouTube how to do certain things. Honestly it’s not as hard as it may seem. Just dive into it, go slow so you remember how things went together. And keep all your pieces separate so things don’t get mixed up. Only way to learn is hands on!! Good luck ??

All good advice above. When I started I used the exploded view manuals to see how things go back together. There are lots of informational videos on YouTube how to do certain things. Honestly it’s not as hard as it may seem. Just dive into it, go slow so you remember how things went together. And keep all your pieces separate so things don’t get mixed up. Only way to learn is hands on!! Good luck ??
Thanks man! I've been studying the exploded views alot the past couple days. I think I'm gana man up and start unscrewing some things today, but very slowly like you said. I appreciate the advise ??

Thanks man! I've been studying the exploded views alot the past couple days. I think I'm gana man up and start unscrewing some things today, but very slowly like you said. I appreciate the advise ??

yeah no problem. The diffs are really easy to access and changing to sealed bearings is one of the best things you can do. And the bearings on the axels are very easy too. Make sure you have good tools tho!! Stripping screw heads is no fun

Enjoy... so far nothing get broken!!! After that buy the spare parts and dismount the broke one! Replace it in the same way... enjoy again!! Nothing critical to do mantainance !! It’s not a formula 1 car!!! It’s just a rc ?
Yes, this is true..I should probably drive the thing and enjoy it before I go ripping it all apart lol. You know how youtube is though, all sorts of awesome vids on upgrades! Thanks for the advise ??

If you don't already have it, download a copy of the manual and the exploded view parts list. So long as you follow those, you'll be able to get your Kraton back together.

Another tip, take pictures as you're tearing apart. This way you can go back to them in reverse order to help remind you where things go.

yeah no problem. The diffs are really easy to access and changing to sealed bearings is one of the best things you can do. And the bearings on the axels are very easy too. Make sure you have good tools tho!! Stripping screw heads is no fun
Yes, I've seen quite a few guys on youtube strip out screws from crappy tools. That's one of the things that scares me. This forum suggested a tool set though, so I'm going to get it. If arrma forum suggested it, it must be good lol. I ordered a set of fast eddy sealed bearing last night, so that and the diffs are my first project. I also ordered tbone bumpers. Next will be voltage hobby chassis braces. This hobby is super expensive ??‍♂️
If you don't already have it, download a copy of the manual and the exploded view parts list. So long as you follow those, you'll be able to get your Kraton back together.

Another tip, take pictures as you're tearing apart. This way you can go back to them in reverse order to help remind you where things go.
Yes, pics is definitely something I'm going to do. I've been studying the exploded views as well, so I should be ok. Just gotta go slow I guess. Thanks for the advise. This forum is fantastic and full of awsome people! Thanks again woodie! ??

Last edited:
I've been studying the exploded views as well, so I should be ok. Just gotta go slow I guess.
You'll be just fine. This is going to be a great learning experience and once you complete it, it's very rewarding. If you run into issues, post it here and we'll be happy to help bud.

wow that manual shits on arrmas lol

wow that manual shits on arrmas lol

That’s just the difference between a kit manual and a RTR manaual. Arrma has pretty good exploded views which works great for the Arrma specific parts but the Tekno (or any kit manual) is much more organized.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back