Kraton HELP! Unsuccessful, trying to put 8s system 160a ESC w/1250 kv motor into my Kraton 6s vehicle. How do I do it? Which motor mount and esc plate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC fan

Military Veteran
Reaction score
I’ve seen several on this forum an YouTube put the Kraton 8s system on the Kraton 6s vehicle but leave out the details. I’ve tried but the motor won’t slide all the way into the motor mount for the pinion to mesh with the spur. Which motor mount and plate was used and do I need to drimmal something to make space for the 160 ESC to fit?

I ran my Kraton and Mojave in above 95 degree weather and the motor fan was not working. Both motors on both cars locked up. People say that the 8s system in the 6s vehicle running on 6s is fast and the motors stays cool. I’m trying not to buy the hobbywing max 8 g2 to insure motor is less likely to burn up again.
Help please.

So I got you buddy. First you only need to dermal a couple tabs off the esc nothing else. I use this red double sided tape I got from my rc shop to hold the esc no screws needed. I have two of these kratons with the 8s system installed 😎. I removed all but one tab

20220818_080851.jpg

20220818_080905.jpg

20220818_080913.jpg

20220818_080936.jpg

Same with mine back when I did it, stock mount takes the motor, just use a big enough pinion (25T in pic) and you'll be fine.
20200222_154036.jpg

So after removing the side skirts I would mount the motor with a pinion slid on for visual. Make sure the mount tabs are removed as needed from the esc, I cut 3 off. Then mount the plastic esc tray and set the esc where it needs to go. Check clearances and use my photos and mark it with a sharp. I will try and link the tape I use on the back of the esc to hold it there.

Not sure and you'll get the answer you're looking for soon enough but the CC MMX8S/1717 combo works well
this or the like
https://www.ebay.com/itm/332855395595
Thanks but I was able to use the 6s motor plate and motor mount on the 8s motor.
So after removing the side skirts I would mount the motor with a pinion slid on for visual. Make sure the mount tabs are removed as needed from the esc, I cut 3 off. Then mount the plastic esc tray and set the esc where it needs to go. Check clearances and use my photos and mark it with a sharp. I will try and link the tape I use on the back of the esc to hold it there.
Thanks, I used a zip tie and tape just to be sure.
Thanks, I used a zip tie and tape just to be sure.
Try removing the side skirt before sliding the motors in. It’s hanging up on the plastic fastener hole most likely. Same happened to me when I first tried to slide it in.
Same with mine back when I did it, stock mount takes the motor, just use a big enough pinion (25T in pic) and you'll be fine.
View attachment 237188
Thanks, I got it on with the stock motor. Did your motor run cooler with this sytem even with the large pinions and no fan. I would like to try this set up in the Mojave also.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back