Kraton Help with version on used Kraton please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shwthomas1975

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello. I’l I’m looking at a used Kraton on marketplace. Here is a picture. Can anyone tell me what version this is?
Thanks

9E7BE113-83FA-479E-8F65-9E4C20039250.png

Tactic radio is that helps

Version 3 or older, Based on the body shape and color. V4 body is different. The picture doesn't show much with the body on.
That SLT radio could also be a V3 or older. Not a bad RTR radio at that. Seller should be showing the more of the Chassis. And the included manuals are somewhat important if it matters.
I tried to blow up the picture at the rear shock standoff, it could be a V2. Hard to say. I don't know what they are asking, but I wouldn't spend more than $200-250. IMHO. Regardless of condition. If well used, the the 3 diffs are about $50. a piece if needed. The shocks and T2T brace were significant upgrades with the V4's. A V4 was $469. When it was new. FWIW. V3's were even cheaper when they were released.

Last edited:
Couple more pics

CC900E79-0CE6-4B60-8C27-C70FAE86300C.png

D703D9A9-1122-4FE7-B612-EDF74563E430.png

9F57DD89-500B-4642-86FE-C12B0894BC0D.png

Version 3 or older, Based on the body shape and color. V4 body is different. The picture doesn't show much with the body on.
That SLT radio could also be a V3 or older. Not a bad RTR radio at that. Seller should be showing the more of the Chassis. And the included manuals are somewhat important if it matters.
I tried to blow up the picture at the rear shock standoff, it could be a V2. Hard to say. I don't know what they are asking, but I wouldn't spend more than $200-250. IMHO. Regardless of condition. The shocks and T2T brace were significant upgrades with the V4's. A V4 was $469. When it was new. FWIW. V3's were even cheaper when they were released.
Thank you so much. I added a couple more pictures. I’m just looking for a decent used Kraton. The only thing I’ve read is stay away from the radio that was included with the v4. I didn’t even think to look in this forum for used Kratons. LOL. I’ll check it out now.

Last edited:
It's definitely clean. You can get a v5 battery tray and receiver box to put on it if the screw holes line up and a v4 or 5 center diff/motor mount and probably have a decent rig. As far as the remote i've had decent luck with the v4's but sometimes i throw a dumborc one in and it has a lot better range.

V2 with the V4 t2t brace. Battery tray, receiver box, front bunper and the lack of the shock protectors are the indicators of that.
I tried to blow up the picture at the rear shock standoff, it could be a V2. Hard to say. I don't know what they are asking, but I wouldn't spend more than $200-250. IMHO. Regardless of condition. If well used, the the 3 diffs are about $50. a piece if needed. The shocks and T2T brace were significant upgrades with the V4's. A V4 was $469. When it was new. FWIW. V3's were even cheaper when they were released.
V1-V3 were $499.99($424.99 if you were a tower super savers club member for V1-V2) V4 was $529.99 when new.

Thank you guys so much. The fella says he has offers between 400-450. No price was listed. I’ll pass on this one I think and keep looking. There were no lipos or charger included either with that so it seems a little high.
the search continues

Thank you guys so much. The fella says he has offers between 400-450. No price was listed. I’ll pass on this one I think and keep looking. There were no lipos or charger included either with that so it seems a little high.
the search continues
i don't trust other people's lipos anyways.... you don't know what abuse they have been through and i don't want to roll the dice on burning my house down. just food for thought.

the search continues
Good call, $400 for a 4 year old car is a bit steep.

Way Too steep IMHO.:confused:
By comparison to a V5 RTR nowadays!!! Major updates on the V5. Especially considering the new RTR V5 chassis alone. It has a stronger tail section now.
Remember buying used at an almost Retail price... comes with NO 2 Year warranty. The warranty is worth $$$ alone. ESC's and Motors and servos and all electrics are expensive to replace OFF warranty. Just my thoughts. You need to get a less expensive deal to make it worth a Used one.

Way Too steep IMHO.:confused:
By comparison to a V5 RTR nowadays!!! Major updates on the V5. Especially considering the new RTR V5 chassis alone. It has a stronger tail section now.
Remember buying used at an almost Retail price... comes with NO 2 Year warranty. The warranty is worth $$$ alone. ESC's and Motors and servos and all electrics are expensive to replace OFF warranty. Just my thoughts. You need to get a less expensive deal to make it worth a Used one.
They have a 2 year warranty???? I had no idea.

Yes EVERY single New Arrma Kit product is warrantied for 2 Years. Just keep your receipt.
HH takes care of it. $Electrics$ is primarily what you want covered for 2 years. HH sends out a replacement for 2 years. (Free) Usually doesn't even want the old stuff back. Just call or email to warranty.
Something to consider when buying Used!! :)
Go to the Arrma-RC .com website to read the Warranty. Every Arrma kit has this. Very few Brands have this 2 year warranty. Especially Basher Brand rigs.
Traxasss has a 30 day warranty for example, like most others.

Last edited:
Yes EVERY single Arrma Kit product is warrantied for 2 Years. Just keep your receipt.
HH takes care of it. $Electrics$ is primarily what you want covered for 2 years. HH sends out a replacement for 2 years. Usually doesn't even want the old stuff back. Just call or email to warranty.
Go to the Arrma-RC .com website to read the Warranty. Every kit has is. Very few have this 2 year warranty. Especially Basher Brand rigs.
That is unreal. Thank you. I was torn for a while between the erevo and the Kraton, but decided on the Kraton before heading this news. Definitely worth it to go new with that.
appreciate your help :)
Thank you

Yes EVERY single New Arrma Kit product is warrantied for 2 Years. Just keep your receipt.
HH takes care of it. $Electrics$ is primarily what you want covered for 2 years. HH sends out a replacement for 2 years. (Free) Usually doesn't even want the old stuff back. Just call or email to warranty.
Go to the Arrma-RC .com website to read the Warranty. Every Arrma kit has this. Very few Brands have this 2 year warranty. Especially Basher Brand rigs.
Does Axial still have a 2 year warranty too? I think Spektrum retail products is 1 year. Not sure about Losi without looking into it.

-edit- Axial is still 2 years.

I can't seem to find anything that says what the warranty length is on Losi vehicles but still looking.

And for shits and giggles I checked Team Corally and theirs is 2 years too.

Last edited:
Due to how clean it is and little use it appears to have, I would offer a absolute maximum of $300 for it. But I would be happy to get it for $200-$250.

I didn’t think any of them would with how they are run. You’re supposed to break
them. LOL. That’s great that they have that warranty.

^^^ Yes , My 2 Axial's have a 2 year warranty also. Both Axial and Arrma (HH owned products) were actually designed/ created by the same Company years ago By Dragon Star RC (China) sold to and Labeled for Hobbico. And the 2 year warranty still exists today.

I didn’t think any of them would with how they are run. You’re supposed to break
them. LOL. That’s great that they have that warranty.
Most people are honest and only use it for the electronics not because they ran into a tree/car/fence post and broke a bunch of stuff.

I believe TLR has a One year warranty.

I believe TLR has a One year warranty.
Really had to do some digging to find it, but this is out of the manual for the Lazernut.

What this Warranty Covers Horizon Hobby, LLC, (Horizon) warrants to the original purchaser that the product purchased (the “Product”) will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 2 years from the date of purchase.

So I am willing to assume that the rest of the vehicles under the Horizon label also come with a 2 year warranty.

Nope.

Blade - Horizon Hobby, LLC, (Horizon) warrants to the original purchaser that the product purchased (the “Product”) will be free from defects in materials and workmanship at the date of purchase.

E-Flite - Horizon Hobby, LLC, (Horizon) warrants to the original purchaser that the product purchased (the “Product”) will be free from defects in materials and workmanship at the date of purchase.

Hobbyzone - Horizon Hobby, LLC, (Horizon) warrants to the original purchaser that the product purchased (the “Product”) will be free from defects in materials and workmanship at the date of purchase.

Ecx- Horizon Hobby, LLC (Horizon) warrants to the original purchaser that the product purchased (the “Product”) will be free from defects in materials and workmanship at the date of purchase.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back