Hitec servo programming.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
Does anyone have any experience using the Hitec DCP-11 servo programmer to program a D series Hitec servo? I haven’t installed the software on my computer yet and was wondering if there is anything I should know in advance? I read that at one point people were having issues getting the correct drivers on their PC’s to run the programmer.
My servo is a D951TW by the way

8B0E6765-A73A-47A5-8682-B5CA6F6CD383.jpeg

I know that PWM, Endpoints, Speed and other parameters are usually adjustable with Programmable Servo's.
These are often used for mission critical Track rigs or Air Helis and Planes, where tuning them precisely matters. For Bashers, not that important.
But Programable servos do add another novelty of tuning them. FWIW.
Something to play with and learn more about servos?
They do cost more. So one may have to justify the expense for its specific application. Been there also with an old Futaba.
:cool:

Here’s a picture of what can be adjusted. I’m just going to install the software and go from there I guess. It has a soft start feature that you can turn on and off which I’m pretty sure I need to turn off and I would also like to see what speed it set on because that’s adjustable too. I’ve never had a programmable servo before this is a first for me

EA9D9C35-ED18-4865-B35A-E4CD232B9839.jpeg

Here’s a picture of what can be adjusted. I’m just going to install the software and go from there I guess. It has a soft start feature that you can turn on and off which I’m pretty sure I need to turn off and I would also like to see what speed it set on because that’s adjustable too. I’ve never had a programmable servo before this is a first for me

View attachment 234588
A lot will depend on your use case (obviously). Soft start is actually quite a useful function as it can really help tame twitchiness or, conversely, speed up response (which I suspect can be beneficial for drifters). I think a lot of the functions are really helpful for dialing in competitive on-road race cars. As @SrC said, for bashers probably not so much. Just play around with it and see what works best for you. I don't think you can break anything with the available settings so have fun :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back