Fireteam Hobbystar 4292 and a Max6, what KV and pinion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might be under-geared, causing the motor to spend too much time near max RPM.

Going to a bigger pinion may reduce temps, as weird as that sounds.
Yeah for sure 13t on a 1730kv motor is under geared I would start with 18t.

And not trying to stir the pot but 4985 1650kv or 4092 1650kv?

Sensor wire on the ESC is congruent with infrared on the hottest part of the can on this setup. ESC is usually 30 degrees cooler on the external heat sink infrared vs what the internal temp states on the Firma 160.
I don’t follow. How does the DX5 know your motor temp?
And not trying to stir the pot but 4985 1650kv or 4092 1650kv?
There are cheaper big cans than the 4985. The Hobbystar 4585 for example, which is (oddly) the same dimensions as a HW 4985.

There are cheaper big cans than the 4985. The Hobbystar 4585 for example, which is (oddly) the same dimensions as a HW 4985.
My external motor temp is the same as what the internal ESC reads, ALWAYS checked to six sigma quality (hundreds of data points :)) with certified infrared thermometer on back of can. Obviously that will vary based on others’ setup.

Rocket/Surpass now makes a 4985 1580kV which I will be testing.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1754752604...ar=474789912633&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

For those who aren’t aware, you can get rocket and hobbystar motors much cheaper on Ali Express if you’re okay waiting a month for shipping.
Yeah it’ll be winter here again by then 😂 and I have a Max 6/HW4985 in my Notorious so curious how they compare

There’s no app I know about for crayon eaters Android users.

The 92mm motors are way more powerful than stock. Torque, speed, and temps. It’s definitely worth the upgrade.

Have you also considered a larger diameter motor? The extra torque might help with the heavy weight of the Fireteam.
Any recommendations for a larger diameter motor? I think I wanna stick with the Hobbystar line, I've heard good things

Any recommendations for a larger diameter motor? I think I wanna stick with the Hobbystar line, I've heard good things
I personally go Castle whenever the budget allows. The 1717 1650kv is a beast of a motor.

When the budget doesn’t allow for Castle, then I usually go cheap on the motor. Hobbystar or Rocket. I don’t ever buy mid-grade motors for some reason.

If you aren’t in a hurry (1580kv version):

US $78.81 32% Off | Rocket 4585 1580KV 1100KV Sensorless Brushless Motor for Traxxas X-MAXX ARRMA HPI 1/7 1/8 RC Car Truck Vehicle Monster RC Car
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mt2bLuy

US $76.00 50% Off | Surpass Hobby Rocket Supersonic V2 4985 1100KV 1580KV Brushless Motor for 1/5 1/6 X-MAXX ARRMA RC Monster Truck Car
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mL0PtxE

I don't do Hobbystar Rcjuice can eat it. I refuse to support someone who thinks everyone is out to con him. Not to mention he has "accidentally" banned me from his website and eBay store 3 different times......................

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back