Outcast HobbyStar HBW-4724HV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneralTyphon

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast EXB
  2. Typhon 3s
I need to replace the stock servo so I picked up a HobbyStar HBW-4724HV.

I see no servo saver on the original.

What the general consensus should I run a 25T servo saver or just direct link?

Pro's and Con's of each setup?

Are you saying someone has removed the stock servo saver? circled here in yellow

servosaver.PNG

1/8 scale rigs have a servo saver built into the steering, as pictured above. Unlike most 1/10 scale rigs that use a servo mounted "saver". If you see a spring on one of the steering posts like the above picture, you should be all set.
FWIW, the Arrma 25t aluminum servo horn is as good as any from my experience.

1/8 scale rigs have a servo saver built into the steering, as pictured above. Unlike most 1/10 scale rigs that use a servo mounted "saver". If you see a spring on one of the steering posts like the above picture, you should be all set.
Agreed, and on a short wheelbase you can’t run a flat horn and keep good geometry without interfering with the servo top. The Arrma horn creates link clearance(offset), even if it’s a couple teeth off you can tap the aluminum horn onto male steel gear(lube and delicate hammer).

Good to know about the servo saver difference between 1/10 and 1/8. Thank you. I checked Amazon for Arrma ARAC8904. First thing I noticed is, twice as much as the Hobbystar. Do you think it's worth the price difference.

Good to know about the servo saver difference between 1/10 and 1/8. Thank you. I checked Amazon for Arrma ARAC8904. First thing I noticed is, twice as much as the Hobbystar. Do you think it's worth the price difference.
Try what you already bought first. It should be fine as long as it clears. Be sure to use threadlocker on the pinch screw and I like to even threadlock the screw into the servo(throught the horn) as well. I guess I hadn't realized how much more the Arrma part is.. both of my EXB's came with 25t horns thankfully.
I use some of the china ones from amazon and such. No issues as long as you use threadlocker on the hardware.

Thank you for the thread locker tip. I will make sure to use blue on both points.

This turned out being a complete nightmare situation.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back