Hobbywing 4985 fan options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered a whole bunch of stuff. It’s been close to 3 weeks, I can’t wait until my stuff arrives. Tracking hasn’t changed since it was shipped, which has me a little bit confused. They do luck pretty awesome though. What fans are you running?
AVC DBTD0428B2F 4028 PWM 12V 1.1A 22000rpm Server fan 4cm 40mm*40mm*28mm

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000453934888.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2e014c4dKeelNo
Don't forget to cover the fan/s with mesh too, so all the crap stays out.....

Max6 Combo Fan Mesh.jpg

Last edited:
I've had good luck ordering from Alza. I've seen the same thing with the tracking, nothing for a long time then all the sudden it will update and you'll have it soon after.
Are you in the US? If so, how long did it take? I'm already 3 weeks in! :(
AVC DBTD0428B2F 4028 PWM 12V 1.1A 22000rpm Server fan 4cm 40mm*40mm*28mm

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000453934888.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2e014c4dKeelNo
Don't forget to cover the fan/s with mesh too, so all the crap stays out.....

View attachment 107303
That looks real nice. Just checked on the fans, takes about a month to deliver!

10 days the first time and 19 days the second time, which was very recent. This is also the time I saw the tracking just stop.

10 days the first time and 19 days the second time, which was very recent. This is also the time I saw the tracking just stop.
Day 29 and tracking hasn’t changed since the day Alza shipped! It’s a shame, I was really psyched about getting these parts. I’ve already spent more money on other fan mount and grill options. Over $100 wasted!?

Day 29 and tracking hasn’t changed since the day Alza shipped! It’s a shame, I was really psyched about getting these parts. I’ve already spent more money on other fan mount and grill options. Over $100 wasted!?
Write to alza. They might help you out. I had a parcel 3 months under shipping during this covid parcel ironi shipping thing.

Write to alza. They might help you out. I had a parcel 3 months under shipping during this covid parcel ironi shipping thing.
I’ve contacted them twice and they’ve basically told me shipping is unpredictable to the US. (shouldn’t take a month IMO) Even if I get them to reship, they don’t sent orders to the US between Thanksgiving and New Years. I’m kinda screwed!?‍♂️

When did you order and did tracking change at all before it arrived?
I placed my order on Sept-25-2020 and it shipped Sept-28-2020 and arrived Oct-28-2020.

DA0FF6D7-885A-4278-AB86-D88B6F2AF661.jpeg
EECFBBDA-811A-4B41-84F8-C77004B093F4.jpeg

This is what I got! ?‍♂️View attachment 108685
Sorry about your wait. That’s unfortunate for sure. I only posted my experience to add to the convo, not to vouch for them absolutely. At least I can say their products are as nice as I had hoped. I really hope yours pops back on the radar soon. You might want to ask them to reship it soon.

Sorry about your wait. That’s unfortunate for sure. I only posted my experience to add to the convo, not to vouch for them absolutely. At least I can say their products are as nice as I had hoped. I really hope yours pops back on the radar soon. You might want to ask them to reship it soon.
This is their reply!View attachment 108686
This is their reply. I guess I’ll get my money or stuff eventually
6E5302B2-F499-480F-A166-5401D9785DC2.jpeg

Best case is you do what @Mr.Duke has on his
I'm in same boat mate,
I’m getting ready to drop the Max6/1650kv combo in my EXB and finally start this long overdue build. Anyone have any advice on a fan setup for the 4985 motor? I was hoping to slap one of those dual PW heat sink/fan combos on there, but it looks like they are only made for 40mm cans. HW also makes one that has one 40mm fan and fits 44mm can. So without machining something custom, what are my options? Any ideas/photos would be much appreciated. Thanks
I'm in the same boat just purchased kraton exb with hobbywing max6 combo, I don't think its necessary to slap lots of fans on if your just bashing using 13,14,15 pinion gear but if your doing speed runs then defently need the fans.

I'm in same boat mate,

I'm in the same boat just purchased kraton exb with hobbywing max6 combo, I don't think its necessary to slap lots of fans on if your just bashing using 13,14,15 pinion gear but if your doing speed runs then defently need the fans.
This is the set up I'm going for, you can buy shroud for esc off ebay & buy 40mm fan for to mount ontop, as for the motor I purchased another fan clamp cheap on ebay & added my own more powerful 40mm fan as there is no point adding a heat since coz the motor already has fins on it, you just need a fan to blow air over them.
Hobbywing max6 esc.
Hobbywing 4985 1650kv motor.

Screenshot_20211020-183033_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20211020-183134_eBay.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back